Windows 10: I have received a virus warning supposedly from Microsoft Windows Defender

Discus and support I have received a virus warning supposedly from Microsoft Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have received a virus warning supposedly from Microsoft Windows Defender that states that my computer has been infected. The warning states that do... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by 5_brothers, Sep 11, 2019.

1. I have received a virus warning supposedly from Microsoft Windows Defender

I have received a virus warning supposedly from Microsoft Windows Defender that states that my computer has been infected. The warning states that do not shut down the computer but to call 1-844-386-2598 which is supposed to be Microsoft. The following also appears in the warning message: tecnoviga micr malicious spyrware err 0x80072ee7

:)

5_brothers, Sep 11, 2019

2. Defender ineffective against the Windows Warning Virus

I find it extremely frustrating that Defender is unable to detect or eradicate the Windows Warning Virus that is becoming so prevalent in the Windows/Edge environment. It is a very specific little bug that defames the name of Defender and the fix seems to
    be to go out to places I've never heard of and download these anti-virus applications and run them. From a user's viewpoint, based on how long this virus has been infecting machines, there doesn't seem to be any proactive activity by the Defender team or Microsoft
    to deal with it.

My question is that if Defender/Microsoft aren't interested in a virus that slanders their name, how can users believe that they are interested in protecting our machines?

Thanks in advance.

Original title: Defender ineffective against common malware

crashpilot67, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Received an obviously bogus on screen and audio warning regarding a virus and online shopping

Original Title: Virus

Received received an obviously bogus on screen and audio warning regarding a virus and online shopping. Call the actual Microsoft support number, as opposed to the number listed in the warning. I was told it was a known issue, the transferred. The next rep
    told me normal antivirus/spyware/malware removal would not work. I was then offered a couple of choices, the cheapest of which was $99. And I got a pretty high pressure hard sell. I hung up. Is this normal for Microsoft tech support? Any insight about any
    of this would be appreciated. Thanks.

KennethMcCown, Sep 11, 2019
  4. I have received a virus warning supposedly from Microsoft Windows Defender

Windows Defender Not On

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run virus scan to make sure the computer is free from virus.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove virus, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download

Method 2:

Turn the Defender on. Follow the below steps:

• In search, type Defender.
    • Now make the option ON by moving the slider accordingly.

Method 3: Run the SFC.

Follow the below steps:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Select “Run as Administrator”.
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    Now check for the issue.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

I have received a virus warning supposedly from Microsoft Windows Defender

1. I have received a virus warning supposedly from Microsoft Windows Defender - Similar Threads - received virus warning

2. are these pop up defender virus warnings a scam or not ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    are these pop up defender virus warnings a scam or not ?: What are latest scams Defender lock up virus warnings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-these-pop-up-defender-virus-warnings-a-scam-or/ea70be59-602e-41f2-a0bf-2c70205b240f
  3. are these pop up defender virus warnings a scam or not ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    are these pop up defender virus warnings a scam or not ?: What are latest scams Defender lock up virus warnings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-these-pop-up-defender-virus-warnings-a-scam-or/ea70be59-602e-41f2-a0bf-2c70205b240f
  4. Received weird warning saying I had been hacked and warning from Microsoft to not turnoff...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Received weird warning saying I had been hacked and warning from Microsoft to not turnoff...: What can I do about a loud verbal and visualWarning from Microsoft ? Saying not to turn off computer. It is on my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/received-weird-warning-saying-i-had-been-hacked/570ff834-746f-4369-891b-daec63b05720
  5. Received weird warning saying I had been hacked and warning from Microsoft to not turnoff...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Received weird warning saying I had been hacked and warning from Microsoft to not turnoff...: What can I do about a loud verbal and visualWarning from Microsoft ? Saying not to turn off computer. It is on my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/received-weird-warning-saying-i-had-been-hacked/570ff834-746f-4369-891b-daec63b05720
  6. Received weird warning saying I had been hacked and warning from Microsoft to not turnoff...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Microsoft Virus Defender

Microsoft Virus Defender: So, I downloaded a scripting program that I bought. I deleted it after Microsoft Defender says that it was a Trojan. However, when I go to check the windows defender and see affected items, it says file: C:\Users\ahu\Desktop\Synapse-X\Synapse-X\bin\THbrbTTfRRPrQeVN2.bin...
  8. Microsoft Virus Defender

Microsoft Virus Defender: So, I did a scan and my Microsoft Defender says that there are two viruses as seen in the picture below. When I go to start an action, it filled automatically Manual Action Required. I switch it to Remove for both of them, click start action, and they are not removed. How can...
  9. Windows Virus Warning

Windows Virus Warning: A screen popped up on my laptop with the Windows logo saying 'Your Windows 10 is infected with (3) Viruses! Immediate removal required' There was some other info and then an Download & Fix button to click on with a count down to the left of it starting at 2 minutes and 3...
  10. Virus warning

Virus warning: Regularly receiving virus warnings from:...