Windows 10: I have received a virus warning supposedly from Microsoft Windows Defender

Discus and support I have received a virus warning supposedly from Microsoft Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have received a virus warning supposedly from Microsoft Windows Defender that states that my computer has been infected. The warning states that do... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by 5_brothers, Sep 11, 2019.

1. I have received a virus warning supposedly from Microsoft Windows Defender

I have received a virus warning supposedly from Microsoft Windows Defender that states that my computer has been infected. The warning states that do not shut down the computer but to call 1-844-386-2598 which is supposed to be Microsoft. The following also appears in the warning message: tecnoviga micr malicious spyrware err 0x80072ee7

:)

5_brothers, Sep 11, 2019

2. Defender ineffective against the Windows Warning Virus

I find it extremely frustrating that Defender is unable to detect or eradicate the Windows Warning Virus that is becoming so prevalent in the Windows/Edge environment. It is a very specific little bug that defames the name of Defender and the fix seems to
    be to go out to places I've never heard of and download these anti-virus applications and run them. From a user's viewpoint, based on how long this virus has been infecting machines, there doesn't seem to be any proactive activity by the Defender team or Microsoft
    to deal with it.

My question is that if Defender/Microsoft aren't interested in a virus that slanders their name, how can users believe that they are interested in protecting our machines?

Thanks in advance.

Original title: Defender ineffective against common malware

crashpilot67, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Received an obviously bogus on screen and audio warning regarding a virus and online shopping

Original Title: Virus

Received received an obviously bogus on screen and audio warning regarding a virus and online shopping. Call the actual Microsoft support number, as opposed to the number listed in the warning. I was told it was a known issue, the transferred. The next rep
    told me normal antivirus/spyware/malware removal would not work. I was then offered a couple of choices, the cheapest of which was $99. And I got a pretty high pressure hard sell. I hung up. Is this normal for Microsoft tech support? Any insight about any
    of this would be appreciated. Thanks.

KennethMcCown, Sep 11, 2019
  4. I have received a virus warning supposedly from Microsoft Windows Defender

Windows Defender Not On

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run virus scan to make sure the computer is free from virus.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove virus, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download

Method 2:

Turn the Defender on. Follow the below steps:

• In search, type Defender.
    • Now make the option ON by moving the slider accordingly.

Method 3: Run the SFC.

Follow the below steps:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Select “Run as Administrator”.
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    Now check for the issue.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

I have received a virus warning supposedly from Microsoft Windows Defender

1. I have received a virus warning supposedly from Microsoft Windows Defender - Similar Threads - received virus warning

2. I have a virus ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have a virus ?: Questa mattina quando sono entrato nel mio computer la password si scriveva da sola ma poi si cancella ho aperto e richiuso ma nulla dato che si scriveva da sola non riuscivo a scrivere e ad entrare nel computer...
  3. Windows Defender is having serious issues/Virus?

Windows Defender is having serious issues/Virus?: So my windows defender stopped working completely, i noticed it when the scan option disappeared from my context menu. I went and checked to see if windows defender was on and there no sys tray icon and the windows security menu shows as blank when opened. Virus and threat...
  4. I suspected having a virus on my windows 10 PC and have defender

I suspected having a virus on my windows 10 PC and have defender: I ran Stinger from Mcafee, so far its found 1 trojan in Default.SFX called Artemis!52458e1e8d8a which it cannot repair and a virus in WinRAR-x6454b2.exe just wondering why defender cannot detect these and deal with them ?...
  5. Virus warning

Virus warning: Regularly receiving virus warnings from:...
  6. Call supposedly from Microsoft

Call supposedly from Microsoft: I keep getting a call saying it is Microsoft and that my computer has been hacked by several countries, ask me to push one on my phone, they never ask for me by name, so I thing It is a scam, does anyone have same problem...
  7. Virus warning

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Virus warning: I have for the last three installs puit on version 1803 and then as soon as I update the version to 1809 I get a virus warning - any ideas please could this be just a false positive?? 126079
  8. Virus Warning

Virus Warning: This may be the wrong place to ask this but I think I have the problem narrowed down to windows. I am running Windows 10 and Excel 2016. I also get this warning with Excel 2007 which I do not get on Windows 7. I have hyperlinks to executables on my local machine. They work,...
  9. virus warning

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    virus warning: I've been getting an unusally # of alerts on my coputer saying I have 3 virurs's by Microsoft upgrade now. Are the warnings for real? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-warning/5de6f3c3-4e92-450c-a599-950d50be918e"
  10. I have a virus

I have a virus: Don't know how to remove a virus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-have-a-virus/f7244fea-c3eb-4e86-8f62-f4d29440ca97