Windows 10: I have received phone calls from claimed to from Microsoft as well as online information...

Discus and support I have received phone calls from claimed to from Microsoft as well as online information... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have received phone calls from claimed to from Microsoft as well as online information that all my files will be deleted unless I upgrade Is this... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CarlHoffmanIlse, Jun 13, 2019.

1. I have received phone calls from claimed to from Microsoft as well as online information...

I have received phone calls from claimed to from Microsoft as well as online information that all my files will be deleted unless I upgrade Is this correct?

:)

CarlHoffmanIlse, Jun 13, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

I received a call from someone claiming to be Microsoft

Hello Amy,

Microsoft does not make any unsolicited call to customers. I suggest you to refer to the following suggestions provided by SpiritX
    MS MVP replied on July 27, 2012 and check if it helps.

I received a phone call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft and wanting to access my computer. Is this a scam

I received a phone call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft and wanting to access my computer. Is this a scam?

Keep us posted if you face any issues on Windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Jun 13, 2019
  3. markkirk Win User
    Received call from a person claiming to work for microsoft.

A person called me claiming he worked for Microsoft and they were receiving data from my computer suggesting my computer had a virus and a lot of spyware. He had an Indian accent and my caller ID said a persons name which I don't think matched the callers
    accent. I thought if Microsoft would have called it should have stated Microsoft. He wanted me to press the window button on the bottom left of my keyboard and the r key simultaneously and he also said something about masking an id number. I asked for a phone
    number to call him back but he wouldn't give it and stated he was going to freeze my windows or something along those lines. , then hung up.

markkirk, Jun 13, 2019
  4. I have received phone calls from claimed to from Microsoft as well as online information...

Phone call from someone claiming to be Microsoft agent

I have received two phone calls from (888) 221-6079 claiming that my Windows computer (I don't use Windows) has been compromised and that I should go to a Microsoft office to rectify the problem on my computer. I went to a Microsoft kiosk to report this
    and was told that Microsoft is trying to stop these types of calls from happening. Of course, it is not legitimate.

LeahCampbell2, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

I have received phone calls from claimed to from Microsoft as well as online information...

1. I have received phone calls from claimed to from Microsoft as well as online information... - Similar Threads - received phone calls

2. I received a call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft Cyber Crime department, is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I received a call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft Cyber Crime department, is...: I received a call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft Cyber Crime department, is this legitimate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-received-a-call-from-someone-claiming-to-be-from/c84a4e83-f637-4356-9c01-0673d3e08b42
  3. I received a call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft Cyber Crime department, is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I received a call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft Cyber Crime department, is...: I received a call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft Cyber Crime department, is this legitimate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-received-a-call-from-someone-claiming-to-be-from/c84a4e83-f637-4356-9c01-0673d3e08b42
  4. I received a call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft Cyber Crime department, is...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Scam: I have been receiving calls from someone claiming to be from Microsoft service

Scam: I have been receiving calls from someone claiming to be from Microsoft service: I have been receiving calls from someone with a Indian accent, claiming I have a Microsoft service that I got when I purchased my computer. They are telling me that I need to login to my computer and they will help me cancel this service or I will be charged $399.00 on my...
  6. Someone called and claim to be from Microsoft

Someone called and claim to be from Microsoft: Yesterday, I received a call from a tech that said he was from Microsoft responding to a request for service. He performed a scan on my PC and found a Torpig Malware. He talked my into removing it and adding Microsoft 365 to my machine etc. He was from a company called...
  7. We received a phone call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft

We received a phone call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft: On Tuesday of this week (22 OCT) my wife received a phone call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft. They had left a message on our answering machine. She called (yes, I know) the number back. They appear to have wiped many of the desk top items from our computer as...
  8. Scam Calls Claiming To Be From Microsoft

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scam Calls Claiming To Be From Microsoft: I have gotten several calls, from an individual with a foreign accent, regarding "issues" with my Windows, and of course have hung up on theses calls. Today, I received a different approach: "I am calling from Microsoft (foreign accent). The company that fixed your computer...
  9. phone call claiming to be Microsoft

phone call claiming to be Microsoft: At 2:12pm today, 10/23/2018, I received a phone call with message only on it stating they were Microsoft and that they want to refund our money as they are shutting down. The number calling was 866-978-7102 toll free and they asked that I call back using number 866-978-8970....
  10. Call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft.: I received a call today from a person claiming to be from Microsoft. They were telling me that my service was going to be terminated in 48 hours because my ip address was compromised by several other countries. Please help me to look into this "problem" with my ip address....