Windows 10: I have recently been getting pop-ups on my screen from nextoptim.com

Discus and support I have recently been getting pop-ups on my screen from nextoptim.com in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have recently been getting pop-ups on my screen from nextoptim.com whenever I am on the Yahoo homepage, that warn me of problems with Windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GazPul, Jan 27, 2019.

1. GazPul Win User

I have recently been getting pop-ups on my screen from nextoptim.com

I have recently been getting pop-ups on my screen from nextoptim.com whenever I am on the Yahoo homepage, that warn me of problems with Windows Firewall, etc, and to click the link to remove the problem, which I have not done. I can close the pop-ups with program manager. I've googled the name and it's malware/scam/adverts. Tried to find it to delete from my control panel and nothing is listed when I do a search. Might this be a problem particular to using Yahoo (as it only appears when I'm on that page) or might I have a problem that I cannot yet see on my computer? My internet security program scans have revealed no problems.

:)

GazPul, Jan 27, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Is there a simple way to adjust (change) my web site rating when I get a pop up block?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Which web browser are you using?
    If you’re using Microsoft EDGE then, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To turn on pop-up blocker follow the steps below

• Open Microsoft Edge browser. Click on "More actions" link (...) at right side on address bar

• In "More actions" menu, Click on "Settings" to open Settings screen.

• In "Settings" screen, click "View advanced settings" button below "Advanced settings"

• In "Advanced settings" screen, turn ON toggle button below the "Block pop-ups" to block the pop-ups. Turn OFF toggle button to unblock the pop-ups

If you’re using Internet Explorer then, I suggest you to refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...rity-privacy-settings#ie=ie-11&pop-up_blocker

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 10, 2019
  3. ? Block pop-ups in Edge on the phone

Hello,

Pop-ups or pop-up ads are online advertisement that opens a new browser window when clicked or when the website was accessed. For now, the feature of blocking pop-ups or pop-up ads is available for browsers installed on PC's or desktops.

We request that you file this or up-vote an existing feature suggestion using the Windows Feedback Hub app. To submit a new feedback/suggestion, you can follow the steps provided below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback Hub app or press and hold Volume
      Down+Power button for about 2-3 secs to launch the Feedback Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the add button (+).
    • Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Donna Men Win User

annoying desktop pop ups

Hi Sheena,

Pop ups can be distracting for some, and depending on your reference, you can disable the desktop pop ups by following these steps:

• Click Start or the Windows logo and go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Go to System and choose Notification & actions.
    • Under Notifications, turn off Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows or whatever you want to turn off.
    • Close the window and it will automatically save the changes.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Donna Men, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

1. I have recently been getting pop-ups on my screen from nextoptim.com - Similar Threads - recently been getting

2. i have been recently getting a blue screen error around twice a day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have been recently getting a blue screen error around twice a day: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25200.1003 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\Minidumps\122722-14906-01.dmp]Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are availableSymbol search path is:...
  3. i have been recently getting a blue screen error around twice a day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i have been recently getting a blue screen error around twice a day: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25200.1003 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\Minidumps\122722-14906-01.dmp]Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are availableSymbol search path is:...
  4. i have been recently getting a blue screen error around twice a day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Recently "Sign in to use your widgets" has been intermittently popping up on my screen. How...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently "Sign in to use your widgets" has been intermittently popping up on my screen. How...: Recently "Sign in to use your widgets" intermittently pops up on my screen. How do I prevent this from happening? I use Chrome browser. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recently-sign-in-to-use-your-widgets-has-been/63c149b8-276b-4ce1-89b8-ee0e2564955d
  6. Recently "Sign in to use your widgets" has been intermittently popping up on my screen. How...

Recently "Sign in to use your widgets" has been intermittently popping up on my screen. How...: Recently "Sign in to use your widgets" intermittently pops up on my screen. How do I prevent this from happening? I use Chrome browser. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recently-sign-in-to-use-your-widgets-has-been/63c149b8-276b-4ce1-89b8-ee0e2564955d
  7. I have been getting on my laptop recently Microsoft Power shell screens popping up. An...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have been getting on my laptop recently Microsoft Power shell screens popping up. An...: I have an HP Pavilion x360 laptop. Recently when I first turn the unit on in the morning, several Microsoft Power Shell boxes flash up on my screen. Minimum of annoying but is there more to it? I want it to stop. What do I do? Explanation?...
  8. I have been getting on my laptop recently Microsoft Power shell screens popping up. An...

I have been getting on my laptop recently Microsoft Power shell screens popping up. An...: I have an HP Pavilion x360 laptop. Recently when I first turn the unit on in the morning, several Microsoft Power Shell boxes flash up on my screen. Minimum of annoying but is there more to it? I want it to stop. What do I do? Explanation?...
  9. Notifications have recently stopped popping up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications have recently stopped popping up: I used to get notifications as a pop-up but since the last 2-3 weeks the pop-ups have stopped. I still see the notifications in the Action center, but don't see them as pop-ups. Attaching the screen shot below for your reference. NOTE: 1. Focus assist has been turned off...
  10. I have recently got this ad popping up on websites

in Browsers and Email
    I have recently got this ad popping up on websites: I have recently got this crap popping up on websites, I want to know how to get rid of it I am using opera 14. See picture it does not give you any names of the company that's doing it. [img] 79555