Windows 10: I have recently got this ad popping up on websites

Discus and support I have recently got this ad popping up on websites in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have recently got this crap popping up on websites, I want to know how to get rid of it I am using opera 14. See picture it does not give you any... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by hollyoaks777, Mar 16, 2017.

1. I have recently got this ad popping up on websites

I have recently got this crap popping up on websites, I want to know how to get rid of it I am using opera 14. See picture it does not give you any names of the company that's doing it.

I have recently got this ad popping up on websites [​IMG]

:)

hollyoaks777, Mar 16, 2017

2. Pop up ads while visiting safe websites

I have recently been receiving a lot of advertising pop-ups when I visit a number of legitimate (i.e. not risky) websites. Before I get a chance to enjoy the website content popup ads take over the webpage, and additional tabs pop up as well. I often get
    a pop up screen within the page I intended to visit saying 'Advertising In' (and with a countdown 4,3,2,1). I also get various ads saying I won something or that my computer is seriously infected and I should call the number on the screen.

I've tried Trend Micro's Housecall and McAfee scan. Both found that there was a trojan, and both programs said they effectively quarantined it.

McAfee recently quarantined an item '84869c24.dll' and the threat was Artemis! 8A203931C13C.

However, the uncontrollable pop up ads when I browse websites persists. I usually use Chrome but the problem is also apparent in Edge and Mozilla. I use Windows 10.

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide me.

GeoffreyGuest, Mar 16, 2017
  3. How to block ads on Windows 10

these ads pop up no matter which website i'm on. i am mostly on Google Chrome and the ads just keep coming. i push the x showing on the ad to close it, but another ad rapidly pops up. i eliminate3ads and three more pop up.what can i do???

darylboring, Mar 16, 2017
  4. Bastet Win User

I have recently got this ad popping up on websites

Bastet, Mar 16, 2017
  5. Not at home just now. But I ran a smart scan of Avast and it found nothing. Also updated Opera to the latest version. But still the same. Had a look at extensions and they are all disabled. So I haven't a clue what it is. I will give them a go when I get home. Thanks for your help.

6. Bastet Win User
    Make sure you check the scan for root kits under MBAM & Eset - under advanced for Eset iirc.

Bastet, Mar 16, 2017
  7. OK will do thank you.

Do you think Malwarebytes exaggerates to get you to buy the program? surely Windows defender and now Avast has not let this much get passed correct?

I have recently got this ad popping up on websites [​IMG]

8. Bastet Win User

Imo no MalwareBytes will find the same problems as the paid for version, the only difference is the paid version has auto protection so will catch anything before it infects your pc, ver 3 has combined MBAM & MB anti exploit so once the bugs are ironed out it'll give even better protection but the free version is still a manual scanner. There's usually a chance to try the premium version for 30 days (I thing it's 30 days) before deciding whether to purchase, it gives you all the features so may be something to consider.
    MBAM isn't one of those companies where it scans for free but you have to pay to then clean anything it finds.
    It is possible as Win defender & avast while are anti virus they do not scan for potentially unwanted applications nor potentially unwanted programs, No anti virus is 100% effective & usually free ones have a lower detection rate than paid av software.

Bastet, Mar 17, 2017
  9. TairikuOkami, Mar 17, 2017
  10. Steve C Win User
    Try deleting all cookies?

Steve C, Mar 18, 2017
  11. Will do thanks will give you all feedback when back on computer.

hollyoaks777, Mar 18, 2017
Thema:

1. I have recently got this ad popping up on websites - Similar Threads - recently got popping

2. Ads and pop-up ads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ads and pop-up ads: How to block ads and pop up ads in windows 11 laptop in chrome browser ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ads-and-pop-up-ads/7b63c970-ab0e-444b-8b2d-991e838e51f8
  3. Ads and pop-up ads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ads and pop-up ads: How to block ads and pop up ads in windows 11 laptop in chrome browser ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ads-and-pop-up-ads/7b63c970-ab0e-444b-8b2d-991e838e51f8
  4. Notifications have recently stopped popping up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications have recently stopped popping up: I used to get notifications as a pop-up but since the last 2-3 weeks the pop-ups have stopped. I still see the notifications in the Action center, but don't see them as pop-ups. Attaching the screen shot below for your reference. NOTE: 1. Focus assist has been turned off...
  5. Pop-up Ads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pop-up Ads: Why are ads suddenly popping up while I am playing Microsoft Solitaire , they have never popped up before , now you are bugging me to buy pop-up blockers to ads YOU are generating , If this continues I will not use Microsoft Games again ....
  6. pop up ads

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    pop up ads: best way to stop pop ups. Pop up blocker is engaged and set on high screen. Ads trigger into view when accessing any website. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-ads/b84ea5e9-e0ac-4994-b49d-6ef470c11b2d"
  7. Pop up ads

Pop up ads: How do I stop pop up adds coming to my screen when I am working on something. They started to arrive with my last windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-ads/faf312f3-e07b-45f5-92bf-3125517f643a"
  8. Ads pop-up

Ads pop-up: Hi, pls I need your help; ads keeps popping up on my screen and I think it has to do something about browser but I tried to locate the app and uninstall it but didn't find anything. Any advice? 70806
  9. Website Pops up

in Browsers and Email
    Website Pops up: I have windows 10 and for my Browser I use Firefox which I set as the default. But just about every time I try to open Firefox, the page that opens is one of Microsoft's pages about Office 2016.This has been going on for about a week. Isn't there some way to stop that? Thanks...
  10. Pop-up ads

in Browsers and Email
    Pop-up ads: Those pop-up ads are getting more frequent and many times there are more that one on each page. I shut one down and another will pop up. Then with all those things loading it slows everything down. I'm sure that most of you have the same problem. This is what I have been...