Windows 10: I have recently installed new hardware into my PC, Prior to this, I did not associate my...

Discus and support I have recently installed new hardware into my PC, Prior to this, I did not associate my... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently replaced my CPU, RAM, and Motherboard keeping the same hard drives and GPU. Once logged into my account, Windows places a message in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Jang Salmon, Nov 6, 2019.

1. I have recently installed new hardware into my PC, Prior to this, I did not associate my...

I recently replaced my CPU, RAM, and Motherboard keeping the same hard drives and GPU. Once logged into my account, Windows places a message in the corner asking to activate windows. I used the troubleshooter and went onto my Microsoft account and noticed two copies of my desktop. One with the name of my New motherboard, and another labeled PC. I assumed that deleting the desktop labeled PC would allow me to re-verify my copy of windows after using the troubleshooter.

I cannot think of anything else right now.

What can I do to get windows verified on this PC? I am able to post additional relevant information.

:)

Jang Salmon, Nov 6, 2019

2. I recently bought a new Bluetooth enabled mouse that has to extra thumb buttons on the side.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

In order to assist you in a better way please answer the below questions.

- What is the make and model of device (mouse)?

- What is make and model of your PC?

- Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

Meanwhile I suggest you to Run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

If your computer is having problems with a recently installed device or other hardware, try using the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to fix the problem. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or hardware
    attached to your computer was installed correctly.

Follow the steps given below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and press Enter key.

• Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

• Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.

• Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

Help us with more information to assist you further.

Guru Kiran G, Nov 6, 2019
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Nov 6, 2019
  4. NicG1 Win User

I have recently installed new hardware into my PC, Prior to this, I did not associate my...

Recent Hardware Change

I recently changed some of the hardware in my PC and now my product key isn't active anymore. I have tried the steps that microsoft offers to fix the issue but my PC cannot identify my product key prior to the hardware change. I cannot call microsoft because
    I am living in Japan, and microsoft japan doesn't have an english option. Is there a way to talk to microsoft directly other than the automated chat or the toll line which i cannot call from japan?

NicG1, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

I have recently installed new hardware into my PC, Prior to this, I did not associate my...

1. I have recently installed new hardware into my PC, Prior to this, I did not associate my... - Similar Threads - recently installed hardware

2. I recently got a new upgrade kit and it removed my key becuase of the new hardware and i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently got a new upgrade kit and it removed my key becuase of the new hardware and i...: windows 11 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-recently-got-a-new-upgrade-kit-and-it-removed-my/82adeeb7-64c3-4818-91e6-05fedd019a81
  3. I recently got a new upgrade kit and it removed my key becuase of the new hardware and i...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I recently got a new upgrade kit and it removed my key becuase of the new hardware and i...: windows 11 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-recently-got-a-new-upgrade-kit-and-it-removed-my/82adeeb7-64c3-4818-91e6-05fedd019a81
  4. i cant activate my account after new hardware install on my pc. help

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    i cant activate my account after new hardware install on my pc. help: i recently changed my hardware on my pc. i cant seem to reactivate my product key. i have tried to add an account on the activation page but that opition isnt showing up. can you help me...
  5. i cant activate my account after new hardware install on my pc. help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant activate my account after new hardware install on my pc. help: i recently changed my hardware on my pc. i cant seem to reactivate my product key. i have tried to add an account on the activation page but that opition isnt showing up. can you help me...
  6. i cant activate my account after new hardware install on my pc. help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I recently changed hardware and did not link my windows to an account, and cannot find a...

I recently changed hardware and did not link my windows to an account, and cannot find a...: I recently changed some hardware CPU, RAM, Motherboard and didn't link anything to my microsoft account as I had no idea that was a thing that needed to be done- now I can't seem to activate Windows 10. I got the free upgrade to 10 and don't have a product key for it....
  8. So recently I built my new pc, this was my first time doing so but I did my research and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So recently I built my new pc, this was my first time doing so but I did my research and...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BMT-KiTKat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e05oty/so_recently_i_built_my_new_pc_this_was_my_first/
  9. Recently did a large hardware change, having difficulties activating Windows. Anything I...

Recently did a large hardware change, having difficulties activating Windows. Anything I...: Apologies if this has been asked previously. I recently did a major hardware update to my PC, swapping out everything except the power supply and hard drive (the one with Windows on it). I know that changing the motherboard requires reactivating Windows, but none of the...
  10. I recently upgraded to new hardware, and I have lost my proof of purchase and old product...

I recently upgraded to new hardware, and I have lost my proof of purchase and old product...: The title lays it out. I called customer support and was told that I NEED to purchase a new key. However, I am not going to spend an extra $150 dollars on a piece of software I was using as recently as two weeks ago. Is there any other way to get my windows reactivated on my...