Windows 10: I have red X's next to folders named pictures, desktop and documents?

Discus and support I have red X's next to folders named pictures, desktop and documents? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I do not understand why I have red X's next to pictures, desktop and documents.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JackieHegmann, Dec 27, 2018.

1. I have red X's next to folders named pictures, desktop and documents?

I do not understand why I have red X's next to pictures, desktop and documents.

:)

JackieHegmann, Dec 27, 2018

2. Surface10 Document Folder Red X

Recently got a new Surface 10 and installed Microsoft Office. Now I have a red x on the Documents Folder, Pictures Folder. I think it has something to do with OneDrive - I did not want all my documents to be stored on OneDrive, so deleted the folders from
    there.

Please advise?

Karen Burton

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

KarenBurtonCPHIMSS, Dec 27, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Red X symbol in front of Documents folder

Hi Rhonda_M

That red X, if it is in the bottom left corner of the Documents Icon, means OneDrive has not been successful in syncing that folder, there may be just one file in that folder which OneDrive cannot sync . .

The documents folder contains a lot of application data that is specific to each user. your best option is to have a folder inside the documents folder for all your files

Then in OneDrive Settings remove the documents folder form the list of synced items and add that folder winch contains only your files . . .

DaveM121, Dec 27, 2018
  4. I have red X's next to folders named pictures, desktop and documents?

Red X beside document folder

Why is there a red x in a circle beside my documents folder? Hovering over it says availability status: error

norma jean 66, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

I have red X's next to folders named pictures, desktop and documents?

1. I have red X's next to folders named pictures, desktop and documents? - Similar Threads - red X's next

2. Why do I have a red x on my folders? I can no longer safe pictures to desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have a red x on my folders? I can no longer safe pictures to desktop.: From Gary H:Why do I have a red x on my folders? I can no longer safe pictures to desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-a-red-x-on-my-folders-i-can-no/fb9ddb9d-d26e-4c52-ba9a-7f08b2858a43
  3. Why do I have a red x on my folders? I can no longer safe pictures to desktop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I have a red x on my folders? I can no longer safe pictures to desktop.: From Gary H:Why do I have a red x on my folders? I can no longer safe pictures to desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-a-red-x-on-my-folders-i-can-no/fb9ddb9d-d26e-4c52-ba9a-7f08b2858a43
  4. desktop and pictures folders both named "pictures" and have the same files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    desktop and pictures folders both named "pictures" and have the same files: I moved some filfers to my d drive yesterday, two of which were my desktop and pictures folders. Since then i moved them back to the c drive, but now both are named "pictures" and contain the same files the desktop files and i don't know how to change them back!...
  5. desktop and pictures folders both named "pictures" and have the same files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop and pictures folders both named "pictures" and have the same files: I moved some filfers to my d drive yesterday, two of which were my desktop and pictures folders. Since then i moved them back to the c drive, but now both are named "pictures" and contain the same files the desktop files and i don't know how to change them back!...
  6. Wife's Computer Folders and Documents have Red X's?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wife's Computer Folders and Documents have Red X's?: TL;DR: Can I get rid of those files and folders with the red x's, will that essentially remove any links to my wife's files and folders somewhere in the cloud if that's where they're at? ___________________________________________ So, I left Windows towards the end of...
  7. Red x next to my "Documents" & "OneDrive" folders on my windows 10 computer

Red x next to my "Documents" & "OneDrive" folders on my windows 10 computer: How do I get rid of the little red x in my folder next to Documents & OneDrive? Also, I noticed my word documents have been acting goofy lately, too. A yellow bar will show up on the top of my document while I am working on it and says there is an error. The auto save isn't...
  8. All my files have a red X next to them?

All my files have a red X next to them?: How do I get rid of these red X's and Onedrive in a way so that I keep all my onedrive files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-files-have-a-red-x-next-to-them/d417fc42-bb9f-4c98-8263-50e835f09552"
  9. red x by my pictures

red x by my pictures: I have a red x by my pictures https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/red-x-by-my-pictures/09f783be-bd66-4ba8-afb6-984754eecaad"
  10. Pictures and Desktop folder both named 'Documents' and I can't change the name.

Pictures and Desktop folder both named 'Documents' and I can't change the name.: Hi there, Today I thought I would get round to the task of moving my user files (documents, downloads, pictures etc) to my second hard drive. However, for some reason, my pictures and desktop folder have been renamed to 'documents' and I can't rename them. I have tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pictures have red x

2. red x next to file in onedrive

3. red x next to folder

4. one drive red x on folder,
  5. red x next to documents folder,
  6. how can i get rid of red xs on my pictures without syncing to one drive,
  7. red x next to pictures on computer,
  8. what do red xs beside my desktop icons mean?,
  9. how to fix xs next to images,
  10. pitchers of 2020soul red x,
  11. red x on onedrive status,