Windows 10: I have reinstal win10 because I change my motherboard and CPU, now I cannot activate my win10,

Discus and support I have reinstal win10 because I change my motherboard and CPU, now I cannot activate my win10, in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Split from this thread. i have reinstal win10 because i change my motherboard and CPU, now i cannot activate my win10, how i can get back my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by artursteklans, Mar 11, 2019.

1. I have reinstal win10 because I change my motherboard and CPU, now I cannot activate my win10,

Split from this thread.​

i have reinstal win10 because i change my motherboard and CPU, now i cannot activate my win10,

how i can get back my product key if its gone ?

i have bougth windows license for 100+ eur and now this money is goon ?

never agian will buy license, no online support only F.A.Q

if i would know i will need product key after rebuild sure i would save it some wear, but i dont understand than what point to have your acc and all that **** if still u can just recovery your purchase things

:)

artursteklans, Mar 11, 2019
  2. bobkn Win User

Win10 motherboard change activation saga

I recently changed the motherboard and CPU in my primary system. It was running Win10 Pro X64, upgraded from Win8.1 . That was an upgrade from Win 8, which was an upgrade from Win7, which was... you get the idea. The ancestral OS was retail. The most recent license I had purchased was the Win8 upgrade, from January of 2013.

The old MB was an Intel X99 one. The new, AMD x470. After Win10 detected the change and installed some different drivers, it ran normally. It didn't activate online. However, when I changed the key to the Win8 upgrade one, it activated OK.

The motherboard turned out to be defective. The RAM slots A1 and A2 weren't working properly. So, I returned it, and replaced it with a different X470 MB.

That swap went fine also. However, nothing I could do would permit it to activate online.

I called MS activation support. After they led me through a number of steps (all of which I'd tried previously), I was referred to another level of support. I went through that a couple of times. The first time, the support person suggested that I re-install Windows 8 and upgrade that to 10. I managed to avoid screaming obscenities at the man, but it was a near thing. On the second try, I got a tech who asked to be allowed to remotely log into to the system. I agreed. He tried a number of things, none of which worked.

He finally took a screen capture of the invoice for the new MB, which I purchased online a few days ago. His boss permitted him the generate a new Win10 key for me. That worked. I don't know whether the key is equivalent to a full retail license, but I hadn't expect to be given any sort of new key.

The short version: if you swap motherboards, and have a Win10 installation with retail origins (not OEM), I expect that Microsoft will support re-activating Windows on the new hardware. If you have to deal with humans, you may encounter some who offer nonsense solutions. Persevere, and you may eventually find a support person who is both considerate and competent. (Thanks, Kamalesh.)

bobkn, Mar 11, 2019
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Mar 11, 2019
  4. Hodakiin Win User

I have reinstal win10 because I change my motherboard and CPU, now I cannot activate my win10,

Win10 won't activate after RAM change

Hey! I replaced my old RAM cards with two new ones, and now I'm stuck with a "activate windows" prompt in the bottom right corner of my screen. The troubleshooter does not seem to do anything (tried checking the changed hardware option + chose my device
    in the list of devices + it said win10 was now activated.... but the prompt won't leave.)

I got win10 during the free upgrade period, and thus I don't have a product key... Any suggestions?

Hodakiin, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

I have reinstal win10 because I change my motherboard and CPU, now I cannot activate my win10,

1. I have reinstal win10 because I change my motherboard and CPU, now I cannot activate my win10, - Similar Threads - reinstal win10 change

2. I lost my activation after changing my motherboard and CPU.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost my activation after changing my motherboard and CPU.: A few days ago, my PC stopped working so I had to change the motherboard and CPU. After the change, I realized that my PC was no longer active. I checked my MS account and saw that it detached 3 devices from my account. One is my other PC, the new motherboard, and the other...
  3. I lost my activation after changing my motherboard and CPU.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I lost my activation after changing my motherboard and CPU.: A few days ago, my PC stopped working so I had to change the motherboard and CPU. After the change, I realized that my PC was no longer active. I checked my MS account and saw that it detached 3 devices from my account. One is my other PC, the new motherboard, and the other...
  4. I lost my activation after changing my motherboard and CPU.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. I changed my motherboard and CPU, but I cannot reactivate my Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I changed my motherboard and CPU, but I cannot reactivate my Windows: I changed my motherboard and CPU, but I cannot reactivate my Windows. It says "We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later." I tried "Troubleshooting" but it didn't work! I also created two different entries to be called by an agent on the phone, but no one...
  6. I changed my motherboard and CPU, but I cannot reactivate my Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed my motherboard and CPU, but I cannot reactivate my Windows: I changed my motherboard and CPU, but I cannot reactivate my Windows. It says "We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later." I tried "Troubleshooting" but it didn't work! I also created two different entries to be called by an agent on the phone, but no one...
  7. i upgraded both my motherboard and cpu and now im not activated ?i have tryed all...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i upgraded both my motherboard and cpu and now im not activated ?i have tryed all...: i upgraded both my motherboard and cpu and now im not activated ?i have tryed all troubleshooting steps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-upgraded-both-my-motherboard-and-cpu-and-now-im/f15facbe-571f-496d-8f33-0f5d1ceddf0e
  8. Motherboard Change - Win10 Activation

Motherboard Change - Win10 Activation: Hello! I have a small issue with activating Windows 10 Home Edition. I had an ASUS prebuild desktop (M32BF) that I fried the motherboard of (long story) so I had to replace it. The GPU, CPU, SSD, RAM (+1 new one), HDD are all the same. I tried the troubleshooter, selected...
  9. Win10 motherboard change activation saga

Win10 motherboard change activation saga: I recently changed the motherboard and CPU in my primary system. It was running Win10 Pro X64, upgraded from Win8.1 . That was an upgrade from Win 8, which was an upgrade from Win7, which was... you get the idea. The ancestral OS was retail. The most recent license I had...
  10. Changed my motherboard/CPU, can I upgrade again for Win10 from 8.1?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changed my motherboard/CPU, can I upgrade again for Win10 from 8.1?: Hello! I upgraded to 10 before, but went back to 8.1 because it sucked way too much. Anyway, I'll probably be forced to upgrade again sooner or later. Can I do it for free if I have 8.1 with the same serial (I think) that I used to upgrade before? Bonus question:...