Windows 10: I have reinstalled Windows 10 using a USB Flash Key which has changed the name of my Data (E:)

Discus and support I have reinstalled Windows 10 using a USB Flash Key which has changed the name of my Data (E:) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I'm not sure if I have posted this in the right section but it does concern reinstalling Windows 10 and the Disk Drive names !!! I've had a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Paul AntonWormald, Sep 8, 2019.

1. I have reinstalled Windows 10 using a USB Flash Key which has changed the name of my Data (E:)

Hello,
    I'm not sure if I have posted this in the right section but it does concern reinstalling Windows 10 and the Disk Drive names !!!

I've had a few problems and still have a problem & I need Help !!!
    I have reinstalled Windows 10 with a USB Flash Key using the windows Media Creations Tool downloaded from a HP laptop which named the USB Flash Key ESD-USB in the (G: Drive), which when I reinstalled windows 10 to my Toshiba Laptop it had changed the name of my Data (EI have reinstalled Windows 10 using a USB Flash Key which has changed the name of my Data (E:) :) Drive to Data (FI have reinstalled Windows 10 using a USB Flash Key which has changed the name of my Data (E:) :) & the BD-RE Drive (FI have reinstalled Windows 10 using a USB Flash Key which has changed the name of my Data (E:) :) has been changed to BD-RE Drive (GI have reinstalled Windows 10 using a USB Flash Key which has changed the name of my Data (E:) :) & I can no longer see the Local Drive Disk (QI have reinstalled Windows 10 using a USB Flash Key which has changed the name of my Data (E:) :) but I do see the USB Flash key as ESD-USB in (EI have reinstalled Windows 10 using a USB Flash Key which has changed the name of my Data (E:) :) instead of (QI have reinstalled Windows 10 using a USB Flash Key which has changed the name of my Data (E:) :) now ???
    I guess the laptop used the Capital letter E from the name of the USB Flash key ???

My question is:
    So if I plug in the USB again press the startup and then press F12 and then select USB: USB DISK 3.0 then click on (Repair this Computer) then click on (Troubleshoot) then click on (System recovery) and then (System Image Restore) both of which did not work for me the last time I tried but it did give me the option to choose the (SDD Recovery) which did uninstall windows 10 on the (CI have reinstalled Windows 10 using a USB Flash Key which has changed the name of my Data (E:) :) after I had clicked on the (Reset Network) which had made me loose my network drivers due to trying to reset the BDC !!! I had no mouse & no touch pad working either, ( I was basically in a big mess with my laptop and I was trying to repair it at the time !!!).
    So if I can use the (SDD Recovery) again or another method to uninstall windows 10 once again then clean the USB Flash key and re Format for a fresh start and rename it to for example (Pauls Key) and then reinstall the Media Creations Tool and do another custom windows 10 Reinstall selecting the optimal (Drive 0 Partition 2 Windows) (see 2nd image) just like I did the last time will my (CI have reinstalled Windows 10 using a USB Flash Key which has changed the name of my Data (E:) :) (DI have reinstalled Windows 10 using a USB Flash Key which has changed the name of my Data (E:) :) (EI have reinstalled Windows 10 using a USB Flash Key which has changed the name of my Data (E:) :) (FI have reinstalled Windows 10 using a USB Flash Key which has changed the name of my Data (E:) :) (QI have reinstalled Windows 10 using a USB Flash Key which has changed the name of my Data (E:) :) be renamed correctly again ??? (see images below)

In this image shows how it was Originally before !!! I have reinstalled Windows 10 using a USB Flash Key which has changed the name of my Data (E:) df443ffe-a4da-495b-821f-171e7a4d3c4f?upload=true.jpg This image is the custom install of Windows 10 !!! I have reinstalled Windows 10 using a USB Flash Key which has changed the name of my Data (E:) 0ea4c0c0-8660-4674-8d18-62bf2d1915ab?upload=true.jpg

Now it is setup like this ???
    I have reinstalled Windows 10 using a USB Flash Key which has changed the name of my Data (E:) af4eb5ce-1ab8-47d5-902a-df8a2765638b?upload=true.jpg
    So if I do a Reinstall of Windows 10 again will everything come back to how it was originally in the 1st image above with the correct names for each Disk drive or is there a very simple easier method to do this ???

:)

Paul AntonWormald, Sep 8, 2019
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Sep 8, 2019
  3. How do I change the network adapter name? (Windows 10)

Press Windows Key + R, type secpol.msc and press Enter to run it. In Local Security Policy window, go to the Network List Manager Policies in the left pane. Now in the right pane double click on the network name that you want to change. In the Properties windows under the Name section make sure that Name is selected. Now in the input field enter the name that you wish to use for your connection. Click Apply then OK to save the changes. And you might have to log in again or to restart your computer before the changes are applied.

lorraine walsh, Sep 8, 2019
  4. I have reinstalled Windows 10 using a USB Flash Key which has changed the name of my Data (E:)

How to change User name on Windows 10

Hi Davit,

I will certainly help you in changing the User name on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the User name:

• Press Windows logo + R keys to open the run command, type
      netplwiz
      and click on Ok.
    • On the Users tab, click on Properties to change the user name and then click on
      Apply.
    Kindly get back to us for any further assistance on Windows 10. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

I have reinstalled Windows 10 using a USB Flash Key which has changed the name of my Data (E:)

1. I have reinstalled Windows 10 using a USB Flash Key which has changed the name of my Data (E:) - Similar Threads - reinstalled using USB

2. How to get key by which my windows has been activated. I have no documentation on which key...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to get key by which my windows has been activated. I have no documentation on which key...: I have no documentation on which my windows activation key might have been as I got laptop from scholarship in University, and recently my laptop has been affected by trojan virus, to deal with it now I have to reinstall windows and clean the storage completely, but by doing...
  3. I have a windows 10 key which is associated with a laptop, but that is no longer in use,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a windows 10 key which is associated with a laptop, but that is no longer in use,...: I bought a retail key of the windows 10 a while back. But the laptop I had it activated died due to some issues. Now I am planning to build a new PC, can anyone help me in this matter. Thank you in advance....
  4. I have a windows 10 key which is associated with a laptop, but that is no longer in use,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have a windows 10 key which is associated with a laptop, but that is no longer in use,...: I bought a retail key of the windows 10 a while back. But the laptop I had it activated died due to some issues. Now I am planning to build a new PC, can anyone help me in this matter. Thank you in advance....
  5. I have reinstalled Windows 10 using a USB Flash Key which has changed the name of my Usb...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have reinstalled Windows 10 using a USB Flash Key which has changed the name of my Usb...: Hello,Before my windows was windows 11 but i didn’t like it so I downgrade it to windows using my usb. But, after it was downgraded I noticed that my usb flash drive change name and the files are gone and there are files in the usb that i did not put in the usb. But I think...
  6. I have reinstalled Windows 10 using a USB Flash Key which has changed the name of my Usb...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have reinstalled Windows 10 using a USB Flash Key which has changed the name of my Usb...: Hello,Before my windows was windows 11 but i didn’t like it so I downgrade it to windows using my usb. But, after it was downgraded I noticed that my usb flash drive change name and the files are gone and there are files in the usb that i did not put in the usb. But I think...
  7. I have reinstalled Windows 10 using a USB Flash Key which has changed the name of my Usb...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. I have changed the used folder name and lost data desktop, startmenu, ..

I have changed the used folder name and lost data desktop, startmenu, ..: This is the process i followedchanged folder name from Laksh --> lakshmi_narayana1. changed the name of user folder in file explorer by switching Administrator2. changed the path in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList3. changed...
  9. I am not able to reinstall Windows 10 on my desktop using USB Flash Drive I do not have any...

I am not able to reinstall Windows 10 on my desktop using USB Flash Drive I do not have any...: Hi, I am using Windows 10 Pro x64 1909 on my system which I upgraded from windows 7 2 years ago. Recently I tried to reinstall fresh install Windows 10 Pro x64 same version which I have using USB Flash Drive Created by media creation tool in my system but whenever the...
  10. After using the USB Flash Drive to reinstall Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    After using the USB Flash Drive to reinstall Windows 10: After I used the USB flash drive to reinstall the Windows 10, my startup disk became the disk that I choose when I use the flash drive which was D', the previous startup disk was SSD and now become E'. So how can I set the SSD as the startup disk?...