Windows 10: I have removed EVERYTHING from my computer and it still requires 4GB of free space for the...

Discus and support I have removed EVERYTHING from my computer and it still requires 4GB of free space for the... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, The new update has presented me with a currently unsolvable challenge. I cannot wipe my PC or install any updates. I cannot wipe my PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RueOLearyWalker, Jun 20, 2020.

1. I have removed EVERYTHING from my computer and it still requires 4GB of free space for the...

Hi there,

The new update has presented me with a currently unsolvable challenge.

I cannot wipe my PC or install any updates.

I cannot wipe my PC because this requires 4GB free space: I have already taken everything off my computer, pictures, files, programs, cleaned the disc etc. Why does this need 4GB of extra space? In the past I tried to install using an external hard-drive to no success the update repeatedly failed.

I also find that the update doesn't take effect either: it is either stuck on pending or doesn't take effect.

My PC is currently unsafe due to this. Please help out!

Regards

:)

RueOLearyWalker, Jun 20, 2020
  2. TCanuck42 Win User

Building A Computer. Experts Help Please.

THanks for your suggestions. Just exactly how do you actually overclock the cpu. what steps are required?

TCanuck42, Jun 20, 2020
  3. TCanuck42 Win User
    Building A Computer. Experts Help Please.

THanks for your suggestions. Just exactly how do you actually overclock the cpu. what steps are required?

TCanuck42, Jun 20, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

I have removed EVERYTHING from my computer and it still requires 4GB of free space for the...

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

I have removed EVERYTHING from my computer and it still requires 4GB of free space for the...

1. I have removed EVERYTHING from my computer and it still requires 4GB of free space for the... - Similar Threads - removed EVERYTHING computer

2. Can I recover "free-up space" files that I removed from my hard-drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I recover "free-up space" files that I removed from my hard-drive?: Hi.I used the "free-up space" option to remove files from my pc hard drive, thinking that they would remain on my onedrive. after being given the option to remove the files without placing them in my recycle bin, i assumed that i would still have access to them on my...
  3. Can I recover "free-up space" files that I removed from my hard-drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I recover "free-up space" files that I removed from my hard-drive?: Hi.I used the "free-up space" option to remove files from my pc hard drive, thinking that they would remain on my onedrive. after being given the option to remove the files without placing them in my recycle bin, i assumed that i would still have access to them on my...
  4. Can I recover "free-up space" files that I removed from my hard-drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 free space required

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 free space required: Hi, I have a three year old windows laptop. My SSD has 118 Gb of total space with 25 Gb free and another 7 Gb of the upgrade downloads waiting.Windows has decided it is time for me to upgrade, and it is loaded and waiting for a restart.How much of the free space will this...
  6. Windows 11 free space required

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 free space required: Hi, I have a three year old windows laptop. My SSD has 118 Gb of total space with 25 Gb free and another 7 Gb of the upgrade downloads waiting.Windows has decided it is time for me to upgrade, and it is loaded and waiting for a restart.How much of the free space will this...
  7. my Onedrive it Full and i still have lots of space!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my Onedrive it Full and i still have lots of space!: Hello!my Onedrive it Full and i still have lots of space! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-onedrive-it-full-and-i-still-have-lots-of-space/cf3243d3-3ab0-40a8-a460-534033d813a7
  8. Can't "Remove everything" because there isn't enough free space?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't "Remove everything" because there isn't enough free space?: My mum has given me a laptop she no longer uses which is running very slowly. I want to do a complete factory reset so that everything is wiped, as if I'd just bough to from the store. There are no files that I want to back up or anything like that. After searching for a...
  9. Storage Spaces saying no free space, but I appear to have ~6TB of space free

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Storage Spaces saying no free space, but I appear to have ~6TB of space free: Album with a few photos showing the issue and my configuration. This issue is likely of mine own doing, but I don't know enough about Storage Spaces to know where I went wrong. I began the pool with 4x8TB drives, then added 2x10TB drives later on. I recently safely removed...
  10. my computer/this pc not showing free space

in Windows 10 Support
    my computer/this pc not showing free space: my computer/this pc not showing free space under one of my hard drives any idea what i do to get it to show it 116724