Windows 10: I have removed this PUA manually and Microsoft Defender is saying that they still exist on...

Discus and support I have removed this PUA manually and Microsoft Defender is saying that they still exist on... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/1i103w56es161.png?width=582&format=png&auto=webp&s=c78f8d7a2e177618a650fa06bf420e644d06c1fe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TechieNikhil, Nov 27, 2020.

1. I have removed this PUA manually and Microsoft Defender is saying that they still exist on...

/u/TechieNikhil, Nov 27, 2020
  2. Bree Win User
    Windows Defender PUA feature?

I disagree. Enabling PUA protection in Defender will scan anything save to your Downloads folder for PUAs, adware and unwanted browser extensions (things like the Ask Toolbar) stuff you often find bundled within the install packages from some of the sites offering popular software. It's similar to the sort of protection afforded by Malwarebytes Premium (the paid-for one) - real-time protection against PUPs.

While Microsoft aim PUA protection firmly at the Enterprise environment (and provide Enterprise tools to manage it) it can be enabled on anything, right down to my 10 Home. There's a Tutorial on this....
    Enable or Disable Windows Defender PUA Protection in Windows 10

...and starting at post #19 on in that thread I describe my experiences of enabling and testing that it works in Home. I leave it enabled permanently, I've not seen any false detections. Here's some of my test results...

I have removed this PUA manually and Microsoft Defender is saying that they still exist on... [​IMG]

3. I have removed this PUA manually and Microsoft Defender is saying that they still exist on...

Defender Failing to Report Specific Scan Results

Have you saved your MBAM & AdwCleaner logs? [<=that's JUST a question, NOT a request!]

Did you reboot after you ran the McAfee removal tool?

• COMMENT: Over the years we've learned that sometimes it's too late for the removal tool to "come to the rescue." This may be another one of those times.

TIP: Might be worthwhile to configure Defender so that it will check for PUPs, PUA & adware. See

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/defender-enable-pua-pup-adware-protection/

After doing so, reboot the computer again, manually update Defender's Definitions & then run another Full scan. Let it run overnight, if need be.

PA Bear - MS MVP, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

I have removed this PUA manually and Microsoft Defender is saying that they still exist on...

1. I have removed this PUA manually and Microsoft Defender is saying that they still exist on... - Similar Threads - removed PUA manually

2. How do I remove a PUA detected by Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove a PUA detected by Windows Defender?: Windows Defender identified a PUA but does not offer me a way to either remove or quarantine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-a-pua-detected-by-windows-defender/dee80648-5ef9-413e-a32d-1be40828d594
  3. How do I remove a PUA detected by Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove a PUA detected by Windows Defender?: Windows Defender identified a PUA but does not offer me a way to either remove or quarantine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-a-pua-detected-by-windows-defender/dee80648-5ef9-413e-a32d-1be40828d594
  4. Troubleshoot Defender, PUA help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshoot Defender, PUA help: I have a thread over HERE on some help with some kernel errors/BSODs and the kind gentleman helping me asked me to request some troubleshooting with Windows Defender and to ask for @Ramesh Srinivasan.Unfortunately, I dont know what kind of help i need: Anyone available to...
  5. Windows defender found PUA

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender found PUA: A weird question but anyway I have F-secure installed. I know that Windows Defender does not work with F-secure. But I did a full scan of my computer with Windows Defender because I got a blue screen earlier and wanted to do a scan with another program too just in...
  6. Windows Defender bugging me about PUA that doesn't exist

Windows Defender bugging me about PUA that doesn't exist: I recently downloaded some files I made from OneDrive for Computer Science Homework, and Windows Defender was telling me some were trojans and PUAs, even though I'm sure they aren't. I was able to solve most of my problems, I had to make exceptions for a folder I have in...
  7. Windows Defender still showing PUA's that have been deleted

Windows Defender still showing PUA's that have been deleted: I did a scan 2 weeks ago and Windows Defender found 3 PUA's. I pressed "start actions" to delete these but every time I did a scan since then, they would still show. I manually deleted them (they were on an external drive) and they are definitely now deleted but they still...
  8. PUA Won't remove

PUA Won't remove: I downloaded a program from a site Which was a mistake as you will see Chrome didn't say anything, for some reason. Windows Defender said something as it was supposed to. But when I clicked remove, it just popped up again. It never stopped popping up. When I went to the...
  9. Problems in removing a PUA

Problems in removing a PUA: My Microsoft Defender Antivirus is detecting a potentially unwanted software as "PUA:Win32/IOBit" with low risk but can't take recommended actions for the same even if I have uninstalled every software by IOBit & removed all the program files and program data of it excluding...
  10. Windows Defender PUA feature?

Windows Defender PUA feature?: WD has this new feature called PUA. Is this for domain environments or can this be done on a standalone Win10 Enterprise? Or is this needed on a standalone system? I know it has to be enabled in the registry. If enabled, how will this effect the use of a machine? Will...