Windows 10: I have run Process Explorer v17.04 and there is apps with 0 informations that I cannot kill

Discus and support I have run Process Explorer v17.04 and there is apps with 0 informations that I cannot kill in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I downloaded the last version of Process Explorer v17.04 and run the procexp64 file. I toggled Verify Image Signatures and Check VirusTotal.com... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Use Logik, May 18, 2023.

1. Use Logik Win User

I have run Process Explorer v17.04 and there is apps with 0 informations that I cannot kill

Hello, I downloaded the last version of Process Explorer v17.04 and run the procexp64 file. I toggled Verify Image Signatures and Check VirusTotal.com to show me more details. It shows me that there is a lot of processes named like the official Windows systems files csrss.exe, smss.exe, unsecapp.exe etc....At the same time, Windows Defender and Malwarebytes seems to detect nothing with complete scans.I was asking because in a tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2bNLCWHFNs, the same files are actually verified, with the command lines et VirusTotal grades visibles unlike my case.When

:)

Use Logik, May 18, 2023

2. Process running but not starting in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to run applications on Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may be due to application conflicts.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the explorer issue.

• Press Alt+ctr+Del from Desktop.

• Select Task Manager.

• Under process tab, locate the apps that are running.

• Right Click on the application and select End Task.

• Please try accessing the application again and check if you are able to run the application.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to run
    the program in Compatibility mode, please follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Program
    • Click on Properties
    • Click on Compatibility tab
    • Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 18, 2023
  3. JATownes Win User
    Dual iexplorer processes???

No. If I kill one, the window does not close, but the internet will start working again...and the 2nd process reappears instantaneously weird...*Confused I have run Process Explorer v17.04 and there is apps with 0 informations that I cannot kill :confused:

Uhhh...Doesn't hijack this amount to the same think. I have used Process Explorer, but I find posting a Hijack this log more useful for the community to ascertain the problem.

JATownes, May 18, 2023
  4. dalchina Win User

I have run Process Explorer v17.04 and there is apps with 0 informations that I cannot kill

Auto-kill a process

As I said, a trivial Autohotkey script - a permanent loop
    loop {
    If process exists - kill it
    sleep n
    }

(very roughly)

dalchina, May 18, 2023
Thema:

1. I have run Process Explorer v17.04 and there is apps with 0 informations that I cannot kill - Similar Threads - run Process Explorer

2. I have run Process Explorer v17.04 and there is apps with 0 informations that I cannot kill

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have run Process Explorer v17.04 and there is apps with 0 informations that I cannot kill: Hello, I downloaded the last version of Process Explorer v17.04 and run the procexp64 file. I toggled Verify Image Signatures and Check VirusTotal.com to show me more details. It shows me that there is a lot of processes named like the official Windows systems files...
  3. I have run Process Explorer v17.04 and there is apps with 0 informations that I cannot kill

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have run Process Explorer v17.04 and there is apps with 0 informations that I cannot kill: Hello, I downloaded the last version of Process Explorer v17.04 and run the procexp64 file. I toggled Verify Image Signatures and Check VirusTotal.com to show me more details. It shows me that there is a lot of processes named like the official Windows systems files...
  4. How to I kill the process holding a USB device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to I kill the process holding a USB device: Hello,I get this error when I try to unplug and external HD. Unplugging when I have this message seems to make it inoperable till I reboot my computer. Or I get a warning it needs to be repaired.I try to go through process explorer but there is nothing explicit that says Mass...
  5. How to I kill the process holding a USB device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to I kill the process holding a USB device: Hello,I get this error when I try to unplug and external HD. Unplugging when I have this message seems to make it inoperable till I reboot my computer. Or I get a warning it needs to be repaired.I try to go through process explorer but there is nothing explicit that says Mass...
  6. I have a program on my PC which I cannot find. I cannot find it in Processes or file explorer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have a program on my PC which I cannot find. I cannot find it in Processes or file explorer.: [ATTACH] I looked it up, and some say it is a cpuminer, and other say otherwise. However here, it does not have a publisher it seems. Should I be concerned? I actually am. How can I delete this thing which I cannot find? Even on control panel it is not there. Given all of...
  7. How do I kill this process

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I kill this process: [ATTACH] I know the consequences, please tell me how to submitted by /u/Niru2169 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ljpdzx/how_do_i_kill_this_process/
  8. i have an app that wont run

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i have an app that wont run: first of all, I downloaded it the first time and it worked, then I delete it but the second time it won't even run how can I fix this issue? the program is nsb appstudio...
  9. Why do I have so many explorer processes running

in Windows 10 Support
    Why do I have so many explorer processes running: I often have a whole bunch of explorer processes running. I expect just one. Or maybe an extra one for each explorer window that I have opened. But right now I have none opened ... and yet there are eight explorer processes running. What's up with that? 115984
  10. Auto-kill a process

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto-kill a process: Is there a way to auto-sense that a process has started and automatically kill it, without user intervention? I am aware of Auto-kill any process v.2.2, but that, according to one reviewer, requires user input. Thanks. 27047