Windows 10: I have set my lap to sleep on 5 minutes of inactivity but instead it just switches off the...

Discus and support I have set my lap to sleep on 5 minutes of inactivity but instead it just switches off the... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Dizzy-Traffic [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dizzy-Traffic, May 10, 2020.

1. I have set my lap to sleep on 5 minutes of inactivity but instead it just switches off the...

/u/Dizzy-Traffic, May 10, 2020

2. How to set auto logout after 5 minutes of screen inactivity?

Our firm just upgraded our conference room computer to Windows 10. We set the screen to turn off after 5 minutes of inactivity, but we prefer to keep the computer on and set it to never fall asleep, so automatic updates aren't interrupted.

For security reasons however, we would like the computer to automatically log out after the screen is inactive for 5 minutes. The only relevant setting that I've been able to find is under Settings --> Accounts --> Sign In Options:

I only have two options here:

• When PC wakes up from sleep
    • Never
    Neither of these work for us, since we set the computer to never sleep. Are there any other options available that would allow us to a) keep the computer from sleeping b) log out automatically after 5 minutes of inactivity?

Thanks!

CPAusingWindows10, May 10, 2020
  3. My pc is going to sleep after 5 minutes of inactivity

Hi Sebastian,

Your PC might be set to sleep once it is idle for 5mins. For you to adjust this setting, we suggest looking into the
    Power Options advanced settings. Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click on Power Options.
    • On your Preferred plans, click Change plan settings.
    • Click Change advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep and System unattended sleep timeout.
    • Set how many minutes you want your system to be left idle before it goes to sleep.

Let us know how it turns out.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 10, 2020
  4. Gina7348 Win User

I have set my lap to sleep on 5 minutes of inactivity but instead it just switches off the...

Windows goes to sleep after 5 minutes

So recently my computer has started to go to sleep after about 5 minutes of inactivity. I've looked everywhere and have tried everything but nothing seems to work. Here's a list of what I've tried.

• Running troubleshooting on power settings.
    • Running regedit and going to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\238C9FA8-0AAD-41ED-83F4-97BE242C8F20\7bc4a2f9-d8fc-4469-b07b-33eb785aaca0 and changing the attributes to 2. Then
      going into the advanced power setting and changing the Sleep unattended sleep timeout from 2 minutes to 60.
    • Resetting power settings to default.
    • Changing the power and sleep buttons to do nothing.
    • Unplugging all USB devices.
    • Changing the screensaver to 60 minutes even though I don't have a screensaver.
    • Changing power setting to high performance.

If anyone has any other solutions I would greatly appreciate the help.

Gina7348, May 10, 2020
Thema:

I have set my lap to sleep on 5 minutes of inactivity but instead it just switches off the...

1. I have set my lap to sleep on 5 minutes of inactivity but instead it just switches off the... - Similar Threads - set lap sleep

2. My computer is set to turn off the display off after 5 minutes and put the computer to...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer is set to turn off the display off after 5 minutes and put the computer to...: My computer is set to turn off the display off after 5 minutes and put the computer to sleep after 10 minutes. The monitor goes off but the computer does not go to sleep....
  3. Laptop can't go to sleep mode, instead just shut itself off after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop can't go to sleep mode, instead just shut itself off after a few minutes: It started when it takes super long to shutdown. I made sure nothing was running before shutting down and it still takes too long, the screen is off but the actual laptop itself isn't.. But this was fixed by disabling fast startup. Now it does the same on sleep mode. Screen...
  4. Windows 10 ignores my settings and lock my computer after 5 minutes of inactivity

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 ignores my settings and lock my computer after 5 minutes of inactivity: title says it all. i changed all the settinga for the lock screen to « never » ,saved the settings, did several back to factory settings, and changed them again, updated all the drivers I could....had two different guys from Microsoft remotly accessing my pc ...they were...
  5. Laptop is set to sleep when inactive but it shuts down instead

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop is set to sleep when inactive but it shuts down instead: I've seen this problem mentioned online by many other people and also have seen many solutions. I am running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. The computer used to sleep properly but not now. Is there any way to diagnose the cause of the problem so that the solution can be...
  6. Windows 10 Sleep timer resets to 5 minutes turn off display and 10 minutes sleep when...

Windows 10 Sleep timer resets to 5 minutes turn off display and 10 minutes sleep when...: Every time the computer turns off the display, sleep timers reset to 5 minutes 10 minutes. Help pls? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-sleep-timer-resets-to-5-minutes-turn/f7bd7559-515a-4bf9-80fd-41e4bae3aa83
  7. Desktop Locks After 5 Minutes of Inactivity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Desktop Locks After 5 Minutes of Inactivity: So after the latest update my computer has been locking after 5 minutes of inactivity. I have looked through all the power options and sleep timers and no matter what I do I cannot seem to turn this feature off. This is happening to a friend of mine as well so I'm wondering...
  8. Desktop Locks After 5 Minutes of Inactivity

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Locks After 5 Minutes of Inactivity: So after the latest update my computer has been locking after 5 minutes of inactivity. I have looked through all the power options and sleep timers and no matter what I do I cannot seem to turn this feature off. This is happening to a friend of mine as well so I'm wondering...
  9. laptop goes to sleep after two minutes of inactivity although it is set to 30 minutes

laptop goes to sleep after two minutes of inactivity although it is set to 30 minutes: I have a new HP 450 laptop running Windows 10 Pro, updated to version 1903. The "turn off display" is set to 30 minutes (20 minutes on battery). The "sleep setting" is also 30 and 20 minutes. After turning the laptop on and using it for a period of time, then letting it...
  10. After waking from Sleep, Monitor Shuts off after 2 minutes of inactivity

After waking from Sleep, Monitor Shuts off after 2 minutes of inactivity: My power options are set to NEVER NEVER NEVER... but when I wake my computer from sleep the Monitor will shut off after 2 or 3 minutes and I have to log in from screen lock to continue reading or working. Its very annoying... I eventually just reboot the system and then...