Windows 10: I have several chrome windows running and minimized, but when I click on the Chrome icon on...

Discus and support I have several chrome windows running and minimized, but when I click on the Chrome icon on... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I used to be able to see the open windows by hovering over the chrome icon but that is no longer present. I am only able to get to open windows by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DngrDan, Jan 14, 2021.

1. I have several chrome windows running and minimized, but when I click on the Chrome icon on...

I used to be able to see the open windows by hovering over the chrome icon but that is no longer present. I am only able to get to open windows by hovering over the Task View icon on my task bar and clicking on that.

I have checked to see that sticky keys aren't turned on. I also played around in TaskBar settings but wasn't able to get it there either.

What can I update to allow me to see my minimized windows by hovering over the Chrome icon and be able to click into one of them?

Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041

Thanks!

submitted by /u/DngrDan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DngrDan, Jan 14, 2021
  2. gasolin Win User

No outlook.com app shortcut icon in chrome

Uninstalling chrome make's the chrome Outlook.com app https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/hotmail checker i use, disappear from chrome as a shortcut next to the star button for bookmarks and the settings button where i have adblock and google chromecast icon

How do i get it back, i use windows 8.1 64 bit, extremly annoying that i can't get this icon,button back in chrome, please help me *Smile I have several chrome windows running and minimized, but when I click on the Chrome icon on... :)

gasolin, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Minimize Chrome to taskbar with click

I have always been able to minimize applications to the taskbar when clicking on that icon on the taskbar but lately Google Chrome wouldn't (every thing else minimizes when clicking on it)

I can click on the Chrome icon on the taskbar to open the browser but when I click on the Chrome icon again, the browser will not minimize down (every thing else does though)...could it be something in Windows Settings?

IF YOU HAVE THIS ISSUE AS WELL, RESET CHROME!!

kansas-dude, Jan 14, 2021
  4. I have several chrome windows running and minimized, but when I click on the Chrome icon on...

Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

I have several chrome windows running and minimized, but when I click on the Chrome icon on...

1. I have several chrome windows running and minimized, but when I click on the Chrome icon on... - Similar Threads - several chrome running

2. When I click on Google Chrome, it raises my volume to the max.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I click on Google Chrome, it raises my volume to the max.: I recently started noticing this issue a few days ago.So for a bit of background, I have ran my computer's master volume at 100% for as long as I can remember. I usually just adjusted the audio on YouTube, or Twitch, or Spotify within the application itself. Recently I wanted...
  3. I Can't Open Chrome When Right Clicking The Icon On The Taskbar-New Window or Incognito

in Windows 10 Customization
    I Can't Open Chrome When Right Clicking The Icon On The Taskbar-New Window or Incognito: Hi there, I cant open up a new window or an incognito one when I right click on the Google Chrome icon on my taskbar. It shows the tasks new window and new incognito but the icons are greyed out and when i select either of them I get this message: "The item you selected is...
  4. I have Chrome pinned in the taskbar on Windows 10. Earlier when right clicked on the icon...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have Chrome pinned in the taskbar on Windows 10. Earlier when right clicked on the icon...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Black_Marine [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ic0gra/i_have_chrome_pinned_in_the_taskbar_on_windows_10/
  5. Cannot access holder when click Chrome icon

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot access holder when click Chrome icon: When click the chrome icon, no folder can be access except received a message: " something went wrong while displaying this webpage" and at the low right hand corner another message displayed : "Grammarly for Chrome has crashed \. Click this ballon to reload the extension"...
  6. Google chrome icon on taskbar duplicates when clicked

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google chrome icon on taskbar duplicates when clicked: Hi, I recently noticed that when I click on my chrome icon that is pinned to my taskbar, the chrome icon duplicates and the application opens in the duplicated icon. The original icon does nothing. I tried unpinning the original icon and pinning the new icon to the taskbar....
  7. Minimize Chrome to taskbar with click

Minimize Chrome to taskbar with click: I have always been able to minimize applications to the taskbar when clicking on that icon on the taskbar but lately Google Chrome wouldn't (every thing else minimizes when clicking on it) I can click on the Chrome icon on the taskbar to open the browser but when I click on...
  8. i have a question about chrome

i have a question about chrome: Every time my PC starts, I always get an image of Chrome, but this image is of another color, it's light blue, it's the same Chrome browser but clearer, I feel that this chrome slows down my PC, there is some way to disable it ?...
  9. I have a strange virus in Chrome only in Chrome what should i do ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have a strange virus in Chrome only in Chrome what should i do ?: Every time I start chrome open chrome or open new tab of chrome it's making redirection or open a seach page not google but something else. Then in each website I surf to it's making redirection or if I click on the page I surfed to it's going to this search page or to other...
  10. Open Files Disappear When I Open Chrome, Chrome Disappears When I Open

in Windows 10 Support
    Open Files Disappear When I Open Chrome, Chrome Disappears When I Open: Hi, I just updated to W10. If I open several files/documents I get the icon in the taskbar (the bar at the bottom of the page), hover over it and see the documents that are open. I then open Chrome and the Chrome icon appears in the taskbar and the documents open icon...