Windows 10: I have some files on desktop that I just cannot remove. What can I do?

Discus and support I have some files on desktop that I just cannot remove. What can I do? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have some files on desktop that I just cannot remove. What can I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BonnieG_2017, Oct 31, 2019.

1. I have some files on desktop that I just cannot remove. What can I do?

I have some files on desktop that I just cannot remove. What can I do?

:)

BonnieG_2017, Oct 31, 2019
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Oct 31, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 31, 2019
  4. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

1. I have some files on desktop that I just cannot remove. What can I do? - Similar Threads - files desktop cannot

2. What do i do? or what have i done?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do i do? or what have i done?: When I tried to open my Fortnite just now it gave me this message 11:02:18: Starting BattlEye Service... 11:02:20: Updating... 11:02:20: Failed to initialize BattlEye Service: Driver Load Error 1275. For more information I downloaded the new driver from GeForce and then that...
  3. What do i do? or what have i done?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What do i do? or what have i done?: When I tried to open my Fortnite just now it gave me this message 11:02:18: Starting BattlEye Service... 11:02:20: Updating... 11:02:20: Failed to initialize BattlEye Service: Driver Load Error 1275. For more information I downloaded the new driver from GeForce and then that...
  4. How can I remove this it just appeared on my desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove this it just appeared on my desktop.: How can I remove this? it just appeared on my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-remove-this-it-just-appeared-on-my/c6c1f53d-1b29-4405-83d6-2234ca193109
  5. How can I remove this it just appeared on my desktop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I remove this it just appeared on my desktop.: How can I remove this? it just appeared on my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-remove-this-it-just-appeared-on-my/c6c1f53d-1b29-4405-83d6-2234ca193109
  6. What bloatware can I remove on my desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What bloatware can I remove on my desktop: Best buy told me to search online to see what bloatware programs I can uninstall. However there is so much different information. I have a desktop and want to know which files I can remove without harming my pc. Attached are screenshots of HP and Microsoft programs. Would...
  7. What type of file do I have and how can I convert it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What type of file do I have and how can I convert it: I have a bunch of files labeled as Windows media player (.unknown_video) I can play it on my computer but can’t transfer it to my phone or anything else because of the file format submitted by /u/thetriggeredf [link] [comments]...
  8. Difference between "just remove files" and "remove files and clean the drive"? I have some...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Difference between "just remove files" and "remove files and clean the drive"? I have some...: submitted by /u/rapatapateina [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eo8u1b/difference_between_just_remove_files_and_remove/
  9. I have thr same problem . what can I do , or just ignore it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have thr same problem . what can I do , or just ignore it.: code error 121010 come and go. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-thr-same-problem-what-can-i-do-or-just/8492b9b4-c57d-4c24-a650-2bcd0fb7e452
  10. What can I do with an old desktop PC ?

in Windows 10 Support
    What can I do with an old desktop PC ?: I bought a new Dell desktop six months ago to replace my six-year-old HP (i7-930, Win 7, 8 GB, 1000 + 500 GB drives). And I got a Lenovo laptop with dock to replace my wife's HP desktop (i3-540, Win 7, 4 GB, 640 GB drive). Unlike the many replaced desktops of the past...