Windows 10: I have some music files that I am trying to burn to a CD that will play on a CD player....

Discus and support I have some music files that I am trying to burn to a CD that will play on a CD player.... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to more music files I have to a audio CD to use on a CD player. Can't get it to work, I have CD-RW disks, Are these capable for this use?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DanielToft1, Nov 17, 2018.

1. I have some music files that I am trying to burn to a CD that will play on a CD player....

I am trying to more music files I have to a audio CD to use on a CD player. Can't get it to work, I have CD-RW disks, Are these capable for this use? When I just copied the files to the CD with file Explorer it does not play on the CD player. When I tried CD burner software I still can't get it to work. any help would be appreciated.

:)

DanielToft1, Nov 17, 2018

2. add music to CD-R but wont play on CD player

No, in your burning program, you need to choose the Audio CD option. Your CD player won't play the songs as files. They need to be burned as audio tracks (and not files), like on a real music CD.

GJSNeptune, Nov 17, 2018
  3. add music to CD-R but wont play on CD player

If you open the cd and see the files are they still .mp3?

You need to burn them with a program such as nero, itunes, WMP, that will encode it into an "audio cd" format.

A regular "mp3" cd will play in some cd players, but not most. (Mp3 cd is prettymuch just the data files burnt directly to the cd)

Mp3 you get the raw digital storage size of 100mb, but an audio cd will fit ~10-15songs per cd.

Dippyskoodlez, Nov 17, 2018
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

I have some music files that I am trying to burn to a CD that will play on a CD player....

Burn Music CD

Hello,

This seems to be related to the manner of how you burn your music files to your audio disc. To ensure that it will play in almost any CD player, we need to select
    Audio CD as format for the Burn options when burning with Windows Media Player. Refer to this support article for the steps on how to:

Burn and rip CDs

Give us update on the result and we will be glad to assist you further.

Ferdz Amp, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

I have some music files that I am trying to burn to a CD that will play on a CD player....

1. I have some music files that I am trying to burn to a CD that will play on a CD player.... - Similar Threads - music files trying

2. I have been trying to Burn a music CD .

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have been trying to Burn a music CD .: I have been trying to Burn a music CD using a CD-R disc that I have used in the past. It tells me that I need to use a compatible disc. I have never had problems with them before. I am running Windows 10-11. Could this problem be from all of the Updates over the years?...
  3. I have been trying to Burn a music CD .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have been trying to Burn a music CD .: I have been trying to Burn a music CD using a CD-R disc that I have used in the past. It tells me that I need to use a compatible disc. I have never had problems with them before. I am running Windows 10-11. Could this problem be from all of the Updates over the years?...
  4. I have been trying to Burn a music CD .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Burning CD with audio files and will not play in a home stereo CD player

Burning CD with audio files and will not play in a home stereo CD player: So I have been trying to figure out this issue ever since windows 10 was released, at least that's when I noticed this issue happening. I have a PC and am running the most up to date version of Itunes on this computer. I download music and will burn a CD-R of audio files from...
  6. CD player will not burn music on to CD

CD player will not burn music on to CD: I have recently had my CD/DVD drive replaced. It shows that it is working properly. I can play a DVD or CD with music or video on the CD/DVD Drive. When using the Windows Media program, I can not burn music on to a CD. This statement pops up: Windows Media Player cannot...
  7. record or burn mp3 files to cd to play on any cd player

record or burn mp3 files to cd to play on any cd player: how to record mp3 files to cd to play on car cd player? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/record-or-burn-mp3-files-to-cd-to-play-on-any-cd/84ea9faa-29ee-4cbb-968a-05b653d71128
  8. burning cd for music

burning cd for music: i cant get my burner to work, i have burn cd's in the past ,but this time error code says directory invaild. what ?? how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burning-cd-for-music/55e837fc-7d9f-449c-be60-7d742526b13a
  9. Burning a Disk to play on CD player

Burning a Disk to play on CD player: After an update earlier in the summer all my MP3 files wouldn't play anymore as somehow now the extension was wrong. I re downloaded them and they play now. However when I want to burn them to a disk I can only burn them so that they play on another computer and not so that...
  10. Burning music to CD

Burning music to CD: I've been able to burn CD'S for quite sometime. All of a sudden, I keep getting the same error message over and over "Directory Name Invalid". I've done all the "how to videos", I've used the prompts for DEVMGMT, I've uninstalled the driver, I've rebooted my system. Where...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows media player encountered a problem while burning the file to the disc.