Windows 10: I have sometimes somebody pop up and pretending they are from Microsoft

Discus and support I have sometimes somebody pop up and pretending they are from Microsoft in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How can I prevent.that somebody can pop up and pretend ,that they are from Microsoft... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by irmgard lee, Aug 2, 2018.

1. I have sometimes somebody pop up and pretending they are from Microsoft

How can I prevent.that somebody can pop up and pretend ,that they are from Microsoft

:)

irmgard lee, Aug 2, 2018

2. Microsoft Edge Pop-up Blocker

Hello,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft Edge.

• Click on (…) at the top right corner.

• Click on settings.

• Click on View Advanced Settings.

• There you will be able to manage Pop ups.

• If you don’t want then you will be able to turn on/off.
    Please refer to the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-hk/windows-10/block-pop-ups-in-microsoft-edge

Hope this helps, keep us posted.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 2, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Microsoft edge, blocked a pop up ?? allow once ??

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft Edge.

• Click on (…) at the top right corner.

• Click on settings.

• Click on View Advanced Settings.

• There you will be able to manage Pop ups.

• If you don’t want then you will be able to turn off.

• If you want Pop-ups then you can turn on.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 2, 2018
  4. I have sometimes somebody pop up and pretending they are from Microsoft

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

I have sometimes somebody pop up and pretending they are from Microsoft

1. I have sometimes somebody pop up and pretending they are from Microsoft - Similar Threads - sometimes somebody pop

2. Have this as a Pop Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have this as a Pop Up: I can't seem to make it turn off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-this-as-a-pop-up/9fac859c-a033-4515-83e9-e721ae8c630b
  3. Have this as a Pop Up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Have this as a Pop Up: I can't seem to make it turn off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-this-as-a-pop-up/9fac859c-a033-4515-83e9-e721ae8c630b
  4. Have this as a Pop Up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. After Sometime pop up came from Windows Host Script

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Sometime pop up came from Windows Host Script: after 10 min a pop up came to my window from Windows Host Script. If i go to the details option then it shows me like this. I this this is a malware. Please help me to fix this...
  6. After Sometime pop up came from Windows Host Script

After Sometime pop up came from Windows Host Script: after 10 min a pop up came to my window from Windows Host Script. If i go to the details option then it shows me like this. I this this is a malware. Please help me to fix this...
  7. Pop up message from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pop up message from Microsoft: I'm getting small pop up notice from Microsoft Solitaire while I'm working on other programs. How can I stop this? It's not a paid advertisement. It's pop up window for Microsoft....
  8. Pop up message from Microsoft

Pop up message from Microsoft: I'm getting small pop up notice from Microsoft Solitaire while I'm working on other programs. How can I stop this? It's not a paid advertisement. It's pop up window for Microsoft....
  9. Pop Up from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pop Up from Microsoft: There is a pop up from Microsoft which is we think not from Microsoft. This is by opening the Microsoft Mahjong and Microsoft Jigsaw and Microsoft Sudoku and also by the Microsoft Daily Challenges. If you play a daily challenge or try to then the pop up is coming and is...
  10. pop up questions from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Support
    pop up questions from Microsoft: I frequently get little messages from Microsoft (in a blue box, lower rh), but by the time I have read them they disappear. If they stayed on the screen a little longer, I might get to respond to them. Anyone else having the same problem? 4139