Windows 10: I have started to hear a sound signal every 15 seconds or so and it seems to be independent...

Discus and support I have started to hear a sound signal every 15 seconds or so and it seems to be independent... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have started to hear a sound signal every 15 seconds or so and it seems to be independent of what I am doing. I have tried to turn the sound to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lewis D. Eigen, Aug 15, 2018.

1. I have started to hear a sound signal every 15 seconds or so and it seems to be independent...

I have started to hear a sound signal every 15 seconds or so and it seems to be independent of what I am doing.

I have tried to turn the sound to "None" for things like receiving mail. that did not help.

Then I used the Control Panel > Sounds and selected no system sounds, but I still get the repeated sound anyway. The sound volume and mute in the taskbar does not affect it any.

:)

Lewis D. Eigen, Aug 15, 2018

2. Sound mutes for 15 second when notification pops up.

Hi Jeff,

Please answer the following questions to get a better clarity on the issue.

• Did you made any changes to the Computer prior to the issue?

• What is the make and model of the Computer?
    This issue could have happened due to any outdated drivers. I suggest you to update your sound drivers by following the below steps and check if the issue still persist.

• Select the Start button, type
      Device Manager,
      then select it from the list of results.

• Expand Sound, video and game controllers, then right-click on the sound card icon, and select
      Update Driver Software.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

• If Windows doesn’t find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer’s website and follow their instructions.

If the issue still persist, please try the steps in the below article and check if the issue can be resolved.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...eac-4566-867a-98d2761a770d/fix-sound-problems

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Aug 15, 2018
  3. sound

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description I understand that you are unable to hear the email notification sound.

I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps:

• Go to Control Panel Items

• Click on Sound.

• Click on Sounds Tab.

• Click on Desktop Mail Notification.

• Click TEST.

• Click OK.
    And check if you are able to hear the email notification sound.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Aug 15, 2018
  4. cadaveca Win User

I have started to hear a sound signal every 15 seconds or so and it seems to be independent...

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue I have started to hear a sound signal every 15 seconds or so and it seems to be independent... :p

cadaveca, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

I have started to hear a sound signal every 15 seconds or so and it seems to be independent...

1. I have started to hear a sound signal every 15 seconds or so and it seems to be independent... - Similar Threads - started hear sound

2. Suddenly started getting BSOD every 15 minutes or so

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly started getting BSOD every 15 minutes or so: XML down below, it seems to be happening at random, i cant access the dump because it fails everytime i get the BSOD- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power"...
  3. Suddenly started getting BSOD every 15 minutes or so

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suddenly started getting BSOD every 15 minutes or so: XML down below, it seems to be happening at random, i cant access the dump because it fails everytime i get the BSOD- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power"...
  4. Suddenly started getting BSOD every 15 minutes or so

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Every 15 minutes on the dot my laptop freezes for a split second and I hear a buzzing noise...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every 15 minutes on the dot my laptop freezes for a split second and I hear a buzzing noise...: Every 15 minutes on the dot my laptop freezes for a split second and I hear a buzzing noise in the headphones even if I'm not doing anything CPU intensive. How do I fix that. I have updated all the drivers and restarted numerous times and still can't get it to stop....
  6. Every 15 minutes on the dot my laptop freezes for a split second and I hear a buzzing noise...

Every 15 minutes on the dot my laptop freezes for a split second and I hear a buzzing noise...: Every 15 minutes on the dot my laptop freezes for a split second and I hear a buzzing noise in the headphones even if I'm not doing anything CPU intensive. How do I fix that. I have updated all the drivers and restarted numerous times and still can't get it to stop....
  7. Double beep every 15 seconds

Double beep every 15 seconds: This morning after a seemingly normal system boot up, I am getting a double beep of the kind we get when an additional USB device is plugged in. It keeps repeating every approximately 15 seconds and is driving me nuts. I have gone through the device list check for driver...
  8. Hearing a sound every 5minutes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hearing a sound every 5minutes: I hear a sound from google chrome every 5minutes, when i mute google chrome on the volume mixer i am not hearing the sound. It comes every 5minutes excactly. Do anyone know how to fix this?...
  9. I keep hearing this sound every 2 minutes or so at random and i have no idea whats causing it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I keep hearing this sound every 2 minutes or so at random and i have no idea whats causing it: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/aLittleMermlad [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k9dpf9/i_keep_hearing_this_sound_every_2_minutes_or_so/
  10. Device connection sound is heard every 15-20 seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device connection sound is heard every 15-20 seconds: I have a very annoying thing that seems to have popped up in the last 2 days or so. I installed Win 10 on my custom built computer about a week ago and it has been working just fine. Then about two days ago I started getting the sound that it makes when you connect a USB...