Windows 10: I have switched Legacy to UEFI and now my laptop is working very slow. What should I do?

Discus and support I have switched Legacy to UEFI and now my laptop is working very slow. What should I do? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have switched Legacy to UEFI and now my laptop is very laggy and slowly. My mouse pointer keeps freezing and all the things are going slow. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BL4J, Jun 5, 2023.

1. BL4J Win User

I have switched Legacy to UEFI and now my laptop is working very slow. What should I do?

I have switched Legacy to UEFI and now my laptop is very laggy and slowly. My mouse pointer keeps freezing and all the things are going slow. I have Windows 10 and Acer Aspire es1-530.I tried to switch back UEFI to Legacy but these things shows up when I'm in Legacy mode.What should I do? I tried to reinstall the Windows in UEFI and I removed all the files local reinstall and it's still working slow. What should I do to switch it back to Legacy?

:)

BL4J, Jun 5, 2023
  2. jebediah Win User

UEFI or Legacy?

So i went for a clean Windows 10 installation on my Aspire E13.
    To boot from USB i had to switch from UEFI to Legacy, otherwise the USB drive would not be listed.

However. After the installation was finished my touchpad was not even recognized, i mean, i was not even listed in the device manager, so i read somewhere on the Acer forum that switching back to UEFI would solve this problem.
    Well, i switched back to UEFI and now when the laptop start i recieve a message that says -No bootable device found!

Even if i try to use my bootable USB drive, the list is empty.
    So i switched back to Legace again and guess what. Windows 10 starts like there was no problem.

So, what's the different between UEFI and Legacy? The bios tells me -Use UEFI on Win 8 and above to use all the benefits.
    And why oh why can't i boot up from a existing and working Windows 10 drive using UEFI?

jebediah, Jun 5, 2023
  3. BL4J Win User
    LEGACY MODE WORKS SLOWLY

I reinstalled Windows in Legacy mode and now my laptop runs slow,my click goes in lag and all operation are working slow.If I try to switch to UEFI mode I get a error: ,,Default boot device manager missing or boot failed....".How should I switch it to UEFI mode where my laptop works fine?

BL4J, Jun 5, 2023
  4. I have switched Legacy to UEFI and now my laptop is working very slow. What should I do?

I can't switch from UEFI BIOS boot to Legacy.

If you switch from BIOS UEFI to BIOS Legacy you will want to have a drive with MBR partitioning.

If you switch from BIOS Legacy to BIOS UEFI you will want to have a drive with GPT partitioning.

There are exceptions but the above are the general rules.

The ideal time to switch from UEFI to Legacy or Legacy to UEFI is during a clean install.

If you have files backed up then you can easily switch from one to other by modifying the BIOS settings.

The BIOS settings during a clean install will create the applicable drive partition architecture.

questions_, Jun 5, 2023
Thema:

I have switched Legacy to UEFI and now my laptop is working very slow. What should I do?

1. I have switched Legacy to UEFI and now my laptop is working very slow. What should I do? - Similar Threads - switched Legacy UEFI

2. I have switched Legacy to UEFI and now my laptop is working very slow. What should I do?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have switched Legacy to UEFI and now my laptop is working very slow. What should I do?: I have switched Legacy to UEFI and now my laptop is very laggy and slowly. My mouse pointer keeps freezing and all the things are going slow. I have Windows 10 and Acer Aspire es1-530.I tried to switch back UEFI to Legacy but these things shows up when I'm in Legacy mode.What...
  3. I have switched Legacy to UEFI and now my laptop is working very slow. What should I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have switched Legacy to UEFI and now my laptop is working very slow. What should I do?: I have switched Legacy to UEFI and now my laptop is very laggy and slowly. My mouse pointer keeps freezing and all the things are going slow. I have Windows 10 and Acer Aspire es1-530.I tried to switch back UEFI to Legacy but these things shows up when I'm in Legacy mode.What...
  4. what should i do now?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what should i do now?: so after i reset my pc i cant log in minecraft anymore everytime i try it it gives me this 0x89235107 code i have tried everything for 10 hours straight watched many guides and tutorials on how to fix the problem but nothing worked i even bought minecraft on a new microsoft...
  5. what should i do now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what should i do now?: yesterday night i got a software update and 2 additional updates. One is driver update and second one is firmware update. My synaptics touchpad two finger scrolling is not working so i thought maybe the additional update was for the driver and so i installed it. The laptop...
  6. switch Legacy to UEFI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    switch Legacy to UEFI: have Dell Inspiron 660, A12 BIOS 3/20/2018 currently have Legacy with Secure Boot disabled If I change to UEFI with Secure Boot enabled will W10 20H2 start up correctly? thanks (saw the W11 stream today) 181580
  7. Legacy and UEFI switching

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Legacy and UEFI switching: So, I have created a Windows To Go USB and it runs well but it’s UEFI, which is what I need to run it on my Mac. However, the other device that I need to use it on is on legacy, I believe it can switch to UEFI but it also already has data on. So if I switch it to UEFI , use...
  8. Windows 10 became very slow and unstable. What should i do now?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 became very slow and unstable. What should i do now?: This happend after i debloated Windows 10, because i don't want any bloatware on my laptop. My laptop is Acer Aspire E1-531G CPU: Intel Pentium 2020M 2,40GHz RAM:6GB GPU:Intel HD Graphics 4000 and NVidia GeForce 710m....
  9. How do I switch from Legacy BIOS to UEFI?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I switch from Legacy BIOS to UEFI?: Hello everyone, I recently had an issue with my Sony Vaio SVJ202A11L where the config files were corrupted and decided that a clean install of Windows 10 was the best option. My device was using UEFI at the time and from the UEFI firmware UI I set the boot order to external...
  10. How do I switch from Legacy BIOS to UEFI?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I switch from Legacy BIOS to UEFI?: Hello everyone, I recently had an issue with my Sony Vaio SVJ202A11L where the config files were corrupted and decided that a clean install of Windows 10 was the best option. My device was using UEFI at the time and from the UEFI firmware UI I set the boot order to external...