Windows 10: I have taken out a hard drive from my old pc on the hard drive is windows 7 so if i plug it...

Discus and support I have taken out a hard drive from my old pc on the hard drive is windows 7 so if i plug it... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; If I plug an old hard drive from an old pc into my new windows 10 computer will it change to windows 7? As that is what is currently on the hard drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by joshparr, Nov 25, 2018.

1. joshparr Win User

I have taken out a hard drive from my old pc on the hard drive is windows 7 so if i plug it...

If I plug an old hard drive from an old pc into my new windows 10 computer will it change to windows 7? As that is what is currently on the hard drive

:)

joshparr, Nov 25, 2018

2. Swapping hard drives

Hey guys I have a PC that's running on Windows XP on hard drive 1. I have my other PC's system (running on Windows 7) cloned on hard drive 2. Can I just plug in the Windows 7 hard drive, boot from there, and back up the data on the XP hard drive? I'll have a new key for the cloned drive (since it's going into a different computer) and probably reformat the XP hard drive after I back everything up, but that'd be ok.

Just want to know if I can do this instead of backing up the XP drive on a portable HDD first, and then put in the windows 7 drive and run off of that.

ebolamonkey3, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Nov 25, 2018
  4. Mathragh Win User

I have taken out a hard drive from my old pc on the hard drive is windows 7 so if i plug it...

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

1. I have taken out a hard drive from my old pc on the hard drive is windows 7 so if i plug it... - Similar Threads - taken hard drive

2. I have an old hard drive from a laptop with Windows installed. I plan on using it as a...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have an old hard drive from a laptop with Windows installed. I plan on using it as a...: I'm getting a caddy to replace my current dvd drive and to expand my storage. Since i have an old unused laptop i wanna use its drive as my expanded storage. Thing is old laptop has no battery or charger so I cant log into it. The drive works since I can use a sata to usb...
  3. How to have access to an old hard drive ?

How to have access to an old hard drive ?: My little brother recently broke my laptop and it said that the hard drive was un detectable, so i got it changed and the repairman said that i lost access to all the data on the thing. Isn't there an other way to access ? I have work and precious family pictures on the fella...
  4. How can I clone my old hard drive to a new hard drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I clone my old hard drive to a new hard drive?: How can I clone my old laptop hard drive to a new hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-clone-my-old-hard-drive-to-a-new-hard/cd9498d2-e379-40c0-aef4-42328b6c428a
  5. I have two hard drives in my computer, can I switch which hard drive windows is on?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have two hard drives in my computer, can I switch which hard drive windows is on?: I have two hard drive in my computer, a 250 gb and a 1tb. Windows is currently on my 250gb hard drive but I want to move it over to the 1tb, is this possible?...
  6. I want to transfer files from my old computer's hard drive to my new compute's hard drive,...

I want to transfer files from my old computer's hard drive to my new compute's hard drive,...: I connected my old hard drive to my new PC. The HDD has two partitions. I can enter into both of them, but when I try to open some of the folders it says "You don't currently have permission to access this folder. Click Continue to permanently get access to this folder". I...
  7. Essue of Hard drive replcement with old laptop's hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Essue of Hard drive replcement with old laptop's hard drive: I have replced my laptop's hard drive with the hard drive of my old laptope. I tried to reinstall window from a dvd but my laptope show error that.. "you are using a already runing hard drive so window can not be install and i may not work on this pc.. Please insert back...
  8. Transferring files from old hard drive to new hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring files from old hard drive to new hard drive: Hello, My laptop recently broke that was running Windows 7. I bought a new laptop that is running Windows 10. Since my old laptop would not start, I bought a hard drive enclosure so I could move everything off my old hard drive onto my new one. I am confused with exactly...
  9. Removing Windows from an old hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Removing Windows from an old hard drive: How do I remove Windows from an old hard drive without reformatting it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-windows-from-an-old-hard-drive/c902e4cf-8e2f-4b69-81b9-c8d6954a1a4f"
  10. reinstalling windows 10 on a new SSD hard drive from my old hard drive. i have no...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reinstalling windows 10 on a new SSD hard drive from my old hard drive. i have no...: reinstalling windows 10 on a new SSD hard drive from my old hard drive. i have no installation disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstalling-windows-10-on-a-new-ssd-hard-drive/499e6420-936f-446c-a65a-9c590dfb6e3b