Windows 10: I have the black screen of death and its not fixing.

Discus and support I have the black screen of death and its not fixing. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, i have had problems with my pc concerning a blank screen with a cursor (B.S.O.D). I have tried to follow youtube tutorials but none of them have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GreenBigMac, Jun 19, 2018.

1. I have the black screen of death and its not fixing.

Hi, i have had problems with my pc concerning a blank screen with a cursor (B.S.O.D). I have tried to follow youtube tutorials but none of them have worked. The P.C is a couple years old but still works fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks *Smile*Wink

:)

GreenBigMac, Jun 19, 2018

2. Windows 7 black screen of death

I read a report a little while ago that said the black screens were nothing to do with updates but due to a malicious program (it hit more than just windows 7 users - vista, xp and 2000 were also prone to the black startup screen of death if infected). My windows 7 install is fully up-to-date and i've never had the black startup screen.

Just run some decent anti virus and you should be safe (i suggest microsoft security essentails since it's free and pretty decent). When you've installed an anti-virus i'd suggest doing a full scen to be sure there's nothing there.

human_error, Jun 19, 2018
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Jun 19, 2018
  4. Pavan_N Win User

I have the black screen of death and its not fixing.

The Black screen of death with cursor

Hi Gregory,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. Follow the link below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Troubleshoot black screen problems
    . Do let us know the status. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jun 19, 2018
Thema:

I have the black screen of death and its not fixing.

1. I have the black screen of death and its not fixing. - Similar Threads - black screen death

2. Black screen of death

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen of death: HI microsoft i have a problem where i resetted my pc and now all i see is a black screen i have no corsair NO COMMANDS work NO STARTUP REPAIR WORKS i have no restore points i have tried everything what do i do i cant go into task manager or nothing like that PLS HELP Do i...
  3. How I fixed Black Screen of Death Explorer was wrecked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How I fixed Black Screen of Death Explorer was wrecked: Had a power blip while I was gone and after I rebooted my desktop the monitor was black after login! I was able to get to the "Task Manager"I was able to go to "File" and execute "Chrome" and this gave me a Google browser window. I later tried all of the standard...
  4. How I fixed Black Screen of Death Explorer was wrecked

How I fixed Black Screen of Death Explorer was wrecked: Had a power blip while I was gone and after I rebooted my desktop the monitor was black after login! I was able to get to the "Task Manager"I was able to go to "File" and execute "Chrome" and this gave me a Google browser window. I later tried all of the standard...
  5. How I fixed Black Screen of Death Explorer was wrecked

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How I fixed Black Screen of Death Explorer was wrecked: Had a power blip while I was gone and after I rebooted my desktop the monitor was black after login! I was able to get to the "Task Mnager"I was able to go to "File" and execute "Chrome" and this gave me a Google browser window. I later tried all of the standard...
  6. Black Screen of Death

Black Screen of Death: After login, the screen just goes black. I can see my mouse pointer. The PC runs fine in safe mode. This happened after an update so i tried to uninstall the update but as soon as i do windows just reinstalls it again. The video driver is up-to-date....
  7. Black Screen Of Death And Can't Fix

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen Of Death And Can't Fix: So i need help, i recently found out when i login to my pc my screen turns completely black and can sometimes see applications if im lucky sometimes my screen is flashing white, so i put my pc into safe mode but, this pc was given to me and i only have my pin to the account...
  8. Black Screen of Death

Black Screen of Death: Since the last feature update my wife and a friend, who both have new laptops running Windows 10 have both experienced the exact same problem. On starting their machine, they get to the sign in page and the progress circle of dots continues for longer than usual, then the...
  9. How do I fix the black blinking screen of death?

How do I fix the black blinking screen of death?: Okay, so I've had this Acer laptop for a good few years, always worked fine, but a few months ago, it's started doing something strange. During start up, the computer acts completely fine, but the moment I log in and reach the desktop, it starts randomly going black for...
  10. Black Screen Of Death

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen Of Death: I see that the BSOD section is only for Blue Screen, but what about Black Screen which I now get every time after about an hour after Booting. What makes it more problematic is that the PC crashes and cannot be re-started until after an hour plus of none use, despite...