Windows 10: I have the common de-activated Enterprise in place of Pro Windows Store upgrade problem....

Discus and support I have the common de-activated Enterprise in place of Pro Windows Store upgrade problem.... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; This problem:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Rappidly, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Rappidly Win User

I have the common de-activated Enterprise in place of Pro Windows Store upgrade problem....

This problem: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/purchased-windows-10-pro-upgrade-from-microsoft/960c2540-2604-4bec-a893-c72e28bd7ae4

I called support, got a helpful but clueless agent, eventually managed to get transferred to Windows support and was then immediately cut off. I don't fancy sitting on hold for ages to a US number; there used to be a text chat function - where's it gone? All I get offered is a call back or this community. Which is where I already found the answer. Apparently this has to be dealt with by an MS agent, so how do I reach one without an enormous phone bill and wasting hours explaining myself repeatedly?

:)

Rappidly, Jun 11, 2020

2. Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro becomes not activated Enterprise?

This is the second time in a row where I've upgraded a PC from Windows 10 Home to Pro via the Microsoft Store on the machine. However, upon restarting I get the message that shows that Windows isn't activated and in the computer properties it shows that
    the machine is now Windows 10 Enterprise. Why is this occurring so often? How can an upgrade from Home to Pro suddenly become Enterprise, and on top of that, not activated? I'm paying for these upgrades, yet I'm not receiving them. Are there any steps that
    I must take to prevent this from happening? Is it inevitable?

Christopher Vela, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Sumit- Windows Insider MVP, Jun 11, 2020
  4. I have the common de-activated Enterprise in place of Pro Windows Store upgrade problem....

in-place upgrade to windows 10 PRO or enterprise

You can go from 10 Pro to 10 Enterprise just by doing a change key on the system page, and entering your Enterprise key. Nothing is lost in the process, the enterprise features are installed and unlocked. It's the same process as going from Home to Pro via change key. If he's running 8.1 Pro,do the free upgrade to 10 Pro, then do a change key to switch to Enterprise. There is no free upgrade for the Enterprise version, you will need a valid Enterprise key to activate it.

alphanumeric, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

I have the common de-activated Enterprise in place of Pro Windows Store upgrade problem....

1. I have the common de-activated Enterprise in place of Pro Windows Store upgrade problem.... - Similar Threads - common activated Enterprise

2. Upgrade to pro wont activate, thinks it is enterprise

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade to pro wont activate, thinks it is enterprise: Just bought a Lenovo Legion with Windows home. Bought upgrade to pro and tried to install. Seemed to install, but would not activate. Now Microsoft thinks I have enterprise installed and won't activate, error: 0xC004C003. I can't set up anything because is says I am not...
  3. Can't Activate W10 Pro. Seem to have "Enterprise"

Can't Activate W10 Pro. Seem to have "Enterprise": I paid to upgrade W10 Home to W10 Pro. I keep getting "Activate Windows" message. When I look at Activation in Settings I see Edition is Windows 10 Enterprise. "Can't activate because you don't have a valid digital license." How did this happen and how do I fix it?...
  4. Windows 10 Enterprise: Upgrade in place not working.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Enterprise: Upgrade in place not working.: Hi all, I am upgrading my PC running Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB 2016 to WIndows 10 Enterprise version 1903, however I have been unsuccessful several times. I ran SetupDiag and got the following for the two attempts. Matching Profile found: FindAbruptDownlevelFailure -...
  5. Upgraded to Pro - It installed Enterprise - Won't activate

Upgraded to Pro - It installed Enterprise - Won't activate: I upgraded my Surface Go from Home to Pro that I purchased at the MS Store for $99. It downloaded and installed Enterprise. No key was sent and it won't activate. Tried to rollback to Home and it failed. Short of reformatting and purchasing a new hard copy, any fix?...
  6. Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro becomes not activated Enterprise?

Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro becomes not activated Enterprise?: This is the second time in a row where I've upgraded a PC from Windows 10 Home to Pro via the Microsoft Store on the machine. However, upon restarting I get the message that shows that Windows isn't activated and in the computer properties it shows that the machine is now...
  7. In place Upgrade Windows Enterprise with Windows 10 Pro or Home?

In place Upgrade Windows Enterprise with Windows 10 Pro or Home?: Can I download a WIndows Home or Pro ISO file then use it to in-place upgrade a Windows Enterprise system? Will it not alter some GPO configured by a system admin if it is possible? Thanks 121474
  8. In place Upgrade Windows Enterprise with Windows 10 Pro or Home?

in Windows 10 Support
    In place Upgrade Windows Enterprise with Windows 10 Pro or Home?: Can I download a WIndows Home or Pro ISO file then use it to in-place upgrade a Windows Enterprise system? Will it not alter some GPO configured by a system admin if it is possible? Thanks 121474
  9. Windows 10 Enterprise In-Place Upgrade Issues

Windows 10 Enterprise In-Place Upgrade Issues: We are planning our Windows 10 migrations from Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10 Enterprise. We are wanting to explore in-place upgrade for some or all of the 2,000+ machines. What experience or issues have people had with this approach. Historically, we have performed...
  10. in-place upgrade to windows 10 PRO or enterprise

in Windows 10 Support
    in-place upgrade to windows 10 PRO or enterprise: Hi There, I got a request from business user to do in-place upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10 PRO or enterprise without him loosing his data . I Have tried the straight forward method through windows logo pop-up which doesn't normally ask for windows licences and that...