Windows 10: I have the horizontal lines of dots appeared on the screen of my laptop

Discus and support I have the horizontal lines of dots appeared on the screen of my laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [IMG] Hello. Maybe, I have a problem that is not connect with the Windows system but I still would like to ask. So I have my Sony Vaio laptop, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlexisTchepelov, Jul 11, 2019.

1. I have the horizontal lines of dots appeared on the screen of my laptop

I have the horizontal lines of dots appeared on the screen of my laptop [​IMG]

Hello. Maybe, I have a problem that is not connect with the Windows system but I still would like to ask. So I have my Sony Vaio laptop, I bought it in 2011 or 2012. It run by the Windows 10. About two or three months ago, a thin horizontal line of the dots appeared on the screen of my laptop. She reaches across the screen. Four days ago, a second line appeared, too. It’s lower and thinner, and the first line became thicker at the same time (see the pic of my screen). Why did these lines appear? I have three guesses. 1. The problem is in the matrix. She wore out. It must be changed. 2. The wire that connects it to the laptop has moved away from the matrix. I think I can fix it myself. 3. The problem is in the video card. I wanted to update it, but my Windows system told me that my video card “has a newest updats” . Maybe, I need to remove the video card and install it again?

I find that the problem is in the point 2.

:)

AlexisTchepelov, Jul 11, 2019

2. Black horizontal lines appearing across laptop screen

Took delivery of a brand new laptop yesterday with the following specs:

Unpacked it, started using it, only to find black horizontal lines appearing across the screen sporadically. I updated all drivers, downloaded and installed all Windows updates but to no avail. Screenshots:

First screenshot

I have the horizontal lines of dots appeared on the screen of my laptop bulr0.jpg

Second screenshot

I have the horizontal lines of dots appeared on the screen of my laptop rHQuo.jpg

Third screenshot

I have the horizontal lines of dots appeared on the screen of my laptop WFzCr.jpg

Some points to note:

• I had the laptop connected to the TV screen and the lines appeared on
      the TV as well, thus suggesting it's not a screen issue.
    • Because it's a sporadic and somewhat rare event, I can't say whether
      the lines appear during a particular operation/screen or
      anytime/anywhere.

I've done a bit of poking around on the net and found that usually the culprit is the graphics card, but not sure. Any suggestions?

user640946, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Dice Vil Win User
    Blue and green horizontal lines on laptop screen.

Hi Hoang,

In most cases, colored horizontal lines on the screen are an indication of hardware failure, particularly with the video and graphics card or the screen itself. The chances of this being software related may be very rare, so we'd like to ask you a few things
    to better assess and isolate the situation and give you the most appropriate advice:

• Laptop model
    • How old is your laptop/ How long have you been using it?
    • Did you make any significant changes in your system before it happened? (e.g. installing software, changing settings, etc.)
    • Do the colored lines also appear on the screen when you first turn it on (BIOS or boot startup) or does it only appear when you're logged in?
    • Do you encounter any specific error messages when the screen freezes?

Here are some of the things you can do for basic troubleshooting and isolation:

• If you have a second monitor, try to connect it to your laptop and see if the lines still appear.
    • Perform a hard reset on your laptop (press and hold the power button to turn it off then remove it from the power supply). This will clear all the residual power that may have accumulated during use.
    • If you installed new software before the issue began, we suggest uninstalling them (if possible) to see if it makes any difference.

Don't hesitate to get back to us with relevant information if you need further assistance.

Dice Vil, Jul 11, 2019
  4. I have the horizontal lines of dots appeared on the screen of my laptop

horizontal black line on screen

Without you having posted a screenshot of it, it may point to either corrupted graphics drivers or a possible failing hardware part.

We don't know if the horizontal black line is at the top, bottom, middle or where on the screen or the thickness of it or anything else about it.

Hi

the line is fine, straight, black, horizontal, black and about 6cm long. It is situated 3cm from the bottom of the screen, and just to the right of centre. I have tried to take a screen shot of it but when I paste to Word it does not appear on the image.

MikeDunkley1, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

I have the horizontal lines of dots appeared on the screen of my laptop

1. I have the horizontal lines of dots appeared on the screen of my laptop - Similar Threads - horizontal lines dots

2. Horizontal lines in my screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Horizontal lines in my screen: At the top of my desktop screen there are three lines that is showing after booting. This lines shows after boot process. I have desktop which runs Windows 10 and I dont know why I get this. I check the settings and tried some adjustment like changing resolution and scale but...
  3. Horizontal lines in my screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Horizontal lines in my screen: At the top of my desktop screen there are three lines that is showing after booting. This lines shows after boot process. I have desktop which runs Windows 10 and I dont know why I get this. I check the settings and tried some adjustment like changing resolution and scale but...
  4. Horizontal lines in my screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Horizontal lines appear on the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Horizontal lines appear on the taskbar.: There appears to be glitchy horizontal lines on my taskbar that do not go away after a restart. The lines are purple and green and the icons on the taskbar appear to be glitchy as well....
  6. Horizontal lines appear on the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Horizontal lines appear on the taskbar.: There appears to be glitchy horizontal lines on my taskbar that do not go away after a restart. The lines are purple and green and the icons on the taskbar appear to be glitchy as well....
  7. Horizontal lines on my screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Horizontal lines on my screen: This might actually be really easy to fix but I can't put thought into it right now. So there's these horizontal lines all across my screen, they are pretty opaque , and most importantly they are not static, meaning when I scroll down or scroll up they move along with the...
  8. Dotted horizontal line appears/flashes across my screen

Dotted horizontal line appears/flashes across my screen: A dotted line flashes across my screen every 2 seconds, at the bottom of my screen, a little over the taskbar. The part of the screen under it also kind of jiggles, it appears during startup as well, the first time this happened, it went away by itself after a while, but...
  9. HORIZONTAL LINE GROWING ON MY LAPTOP'S SCREEN

HORIZONTAL LINE GROWING ON MY LAPTOP'S SCREEN: [ATTACH] CHECKED IN BIOS ALSO. THE LINE IS VISIBLE IN BIOS ALSO. ITS GROWING IN LENGTH DAY BY DAY...WHAT COULD BE THE REASON..WHAT IS THE SOLUTION...
  10. Horizontal Lines appear on screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Horizontal Lines appear on screen: Hi, I My Windows 10 Lenovo ThinkPad 2 in 1 14 has had these random lines appear on the the screen and I don't know what to do. Its espeacially bad in Google Chrome, which is why I undownloaded it a while ago but because of Corona I have to take my tests online now, which...