Windows 10: I have the impression that windows got very touchy regarding mouse tolerances.

Discus and support I have the impression that windows got very touchy regarding mouse tolerances. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have now got the second up-to-date Windows10 computer that behaves weird on moving/resizing windows. Replacing the mouse a Logitech Wireless... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rin67630, Jan 15, 2020.

1. rin67630 Win User

I have the impression that windows got very touchy regarding mouse tolerances.

I have now got the second up-to-date Windows10 computer that behaves weird on moving/resizing windows.
    Replacing the mouse a Logitech Wireless Mouse/Keyboard combo with another one solved the problem.

But that mouse a Logitech Wireless Mouse/Keyboard combo works perfectly on the same hardware running Linux or on old tablet running Windows8

On another system I had experienced a weird behaviour with a no-name wired mouse.
    Here also replacing the mouse with another one solved the problem.

But also in that case also the old "defective" mouse worked perfectly on the same hardware running Linux.

I have the impression that windows got very imho too much touchy regarding mouse tolerances.
    Is that intentional?
    What is the purpose of reducing the tolerances?

:)

rin67630, Jan 15, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond I have the impression that windows got very touchy regarding mouse tolerances. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 15, 2020
  3. mouse is so laggy suddenly

Hi,

To better assist you, please clarify the following:

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried using a different mouse and check if it makes any difference?

Meanwhile, you can check on this
    link
    . We suggest that you also try to follow the steps provided and update us with the result.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Jan 15, 2020
  4. I have the impression that windows got very touchy regarding mouse tolerances.

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

I have the impression that windows got very touchy regarding mouse tolerances.

1. I have the impression that windows got very touchy regarding mouse tolerances. - Similar Threads - impression got very

2. I got a very mean virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got a very mean virus: I got a virus that will not allow me to go into safe mode, reset the pc, reset from a usb, delete any files some say the file is open in another location or does not find it some files are back when I reboot the pc, run any programs as it tells me that is a dangerous program...
  3. I got a very mean virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I got a very mean virus: I got a virus that will not allow me to go into safe mode, reset the pc, reset from a usb, delete any files some say the file is open in another location or does not find it some files are back when I reboot the pc, run any programs as it tells me that is a dangerous program...
  4. I got a very mean virus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Touchpad's too touchy!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad's too touchy!!!: What am I unconsciously doing on my touchpad that's causing the zoom level to keep changing? In other words, how does a person change the zoom level on a touchpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpads-too-touchy/b7c92b7e-5523-43f2-a09a-7f3d28b84ad8
  6. Very touchy action using context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very touchy action using context menu: I use Thunderbird and installed an extension called QuickFolders. I love it, but am having a terrible time using the context menus to make my selections. I right click on a tab, the context menu drops down and before I can make a selection I lose it. If I do happen to be able...
  7. Opinion: The 10240 version of Solitaire is not very impressive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opinion: The 10240 version of Solitaire is not very impressive: In the earlier Windows 10 builds, there were things I didn't like about the new Solitaire, but I have to say the RTM version doesn't impress me much for being an inbox app for Windows 10. 1. Really don't like that it now has general ads. That's a huge turn-off. 2. It...
  8. Win 10 recognised all new hardware. Very impressed.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 recognised all new hardware. Very impressed.: Having sold the guts of my old PC to help pay to create a new one, I must say I'm pretty impressed at how Windows 10 handles new hardware. I just went from a Core i5 2300 on a Gigabyte Z68 MB with 8GB 1333 DDR3 to a Core i5 6500 on an Asrock Z170 mATX MB and 8 GB 2133...
  9. impressed! but questions

in Windows 10 Support
    impressed! but questions: just downloaded the free upgrade from win 8.1 to 10, from install of losing the desktop to getting it back in win 10 only took 22 mins! I like edge browser but how do I get extensions? I read somewhere that they where compatible with chrome extensions however when I go...
  10. Windows 10 Impressions

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Impressions: FYI: I write long posts. If you want short posts, hang out over in Twitter Land. I am also using a touchscreen laptop and own a smartphone. I don't have a need for a tablet, personally. All in all I'm pleased with the direction of Windows 10. We have more optimization for...