Windows 10: I have the media creation tool and Win10_1903_V1_English_x64.iso ; Now what?

Discus and support I have the media creation tool and Win10_1903_V1_English_x64.iso ; Now what? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just bought a SanDisk 64 GB flash drive so I know I got plenty of space to make a OS boot USB drive. When I run the media creation tool it wants to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kylan619, Aug 10, 2019.

1. kylan619 Win User

I have the media creation tool and Win10_1903_V1_English_x64.iso ; Now what?

I just bought a SanDisk 64 GB flash drive so I know I got plenty of space to make a OS boot USB drive.

When I run the media creation tool it wants to download the Windows from the Internet but I already have the file downloaded. How do I specifiy to use the Win10_1903_V1_English_x64.iso file instead of downloading from the internet. By the way, my local Walmart only sells single layer DVD recordable discs. With the file you get when you use an alternate operating system or browser to get it, the file is slightly larger than a single layer DVD-R disc.

Anyways how do I make a USB bootable flash drive of the Win10_1903_V1_English_x64.iso file?

Thanks if anyone can help!

-kyle

:)

kylan619, Aug 10, 2019
  2. Vijay B Win User

Media Creation Tool Won't Download ISO

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

What is the exact and complete error you get when you try to create Media creation tool?

I would suggest you to try the steps from the following link to create Media creation tool.

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Windows 10 herunterladen

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Aug 10, 2019
  3. Media Creation Tool question

Thanks Cerberus but Ive no problem downloading the Iso with the media creation tool. I don't think its the ISO that is the problem' I think the problem is when the Media Creation Tool is creating the bootable USB flash drive. So I think I can use the Media Creation Tool for that part...and as you say try something like Rufus to create the bootable USB flash drive

I still have this question though "The tutorial here says after going to the Microsoft site and selecting the Download Tool (Media Creation Tool) option that the Media Creation Tool should be save to the PC and run from there.
    On Microsoft site the instructions are to Download the Tool and select Run (no saving to the PC). Is there a reason for saving it to the PC first as suggested on Tenforums?"

I was curious to see if others had encountered the issue I had with the Media Creation Tool. Ive never had a problem using it before

sportsfan148, Aug 10, 2019
  4. cereberus Win User

Media Creation Tool question

Just mount iso as a drive and run setup.exe - most reliable method.

cereberus, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

1. I have the media creation tool and Win10_1903_V1_English_x64.iso ; Now what? - Similar Threads - media creation tool

2. Is the media creation tool the same as an ISO file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the media creation tool the same as an ISO file: I'm having problems upgrading a win 8.1 laptop to win 10. I've tried doing it directly via the site and I have also tried using a USB installation media creation tool to no avail so I though I would try this ISO thing but it looks like the same thing as the usb media creation...
  3. Is the media creation tool the same as an ISO file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the media creation tool the same as an ISO file: I'm having problems upgrading a win 8.1 laptop to win 10. I've tried doing it directly via the site and I have also tried using a USB installation media creation tool to no avail so I though I would try this ISO thing but it looks like the same thing as the usb media creation...
  4. Media Creation Tool ISO build question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Creation Tool ISO build question: Hi all, When you go to the Microsoft website to download the Media Creation Tool, is there any way of knowing the exact build of the ISO file before you download it? I cant find anywhere on the website where this might be listed. All it tells you is it is version 1903. Back...
  5. Media creation tool new ISO every time?

Media creation tool new ISO every time?: I can understand a new ISO for each release but to have to download the ISO each time takes far more time than it needs to. Is there any way to just use the ISO already loaded?...
  6. Media Creation Tool used -what to do with it now?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Media Creation Tool used -what to do with it now?: The MediaCreationtool.exe sitting on the desktop has done its job of downloading so what to do with it? Can it be moved and stored elsewhere? Does it have any further use? 31878
  7. Using Media creation tool with existing ISO

Using Media creation tool with existing ISO: Hello all, I am trying to transition all of my machines to UEFI and I am trying to use Windows' media creation tool to build up a bootable USB drive to begin testing. I have an existing ISO and set of files for Windows 10 Enterprise but I can't seem to find the option for...
  8. iso media creation tool

iso media creation tool: windows 10 home 64bit 1607 Updated windows 7 home premium 64bit to windows 10 home. Then to windows 10 home 1607. Is the media creation tool the same as 'create system image' in windows 10 home? Can I make an iso installer? Can it be activated with the windows 7 home...
  9. Media Creation Tool or MSDN ISO?

Media Creation Tool or MSDN ISO?: Is there any difference between creating a bootable Windows 10 USB drive with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool and downloading MSDN's Windows 10 ISO to manually create a bootable USB drive with it? 10620
  10. Media Creation Tool - ISO Failure

Media Creation Tool - ISO Failure: I am trying to create a bootable USB/DVD through the Media Creation Tool and am failing each time. I have selected English, Windows 10 Home, 64-bit for the options and tried both the USB Flash Drive option and ISO options and have resulted in only "Something happened"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10_1903_v1_english_x64 update instructions

2. win10_1903_v1_english_x64

3. win10_1903_v

4. media creation tool 1903 download,
  5. windows 10 1903 v1 english x64