Windows 10: I have the new Edge so stop telling me to download it

Discus and support I have the new Edge so stop telling me to download it in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I already have the new Edge yet I am constantly being prompted to download it on Bing etc. Popups, ribbons etc. I am tired of it. I guess MS can't even... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bru, Jul 28, 2020.

1. BRU
    bru Win User

I have the new Edge so stop telling me to download it

I already have the new Edge yet I am constantly being prompted to download it on Bing etc. Popups, ribbons etc. I am tired of it. I guess MS can't even figure out I have their stupid new browser.

:)

2. I have the new Edge so stop telling me to download it

What version of Edge do you have?

I have the new Edge so stop telling me to download it [​IMG]

hsehestedt, Jul 29, 2020
  3. BRU
    bru Win User

I already have the new Edge yet I am constantly being prompted to download it on Bing etc. Popups, ribbons etc. I am tired of it. I guess MS can't even figure out I have their stupid new browser.

4. I have the new Edge so stop telling me to download it

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

1. I have the new Edge so stop telling me to download it - Similar Threads - Edge stop telling

2. I have just downloaded windows 10 so can anyone tell me the features of windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have just downloaded windows 10 so can anyone tell me the features of windows 10: I have just downloaded windows 10 in my pc can anyone tell me all the All the features of windows 10What can I do in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-just-downloaded-windows-10-so-can-anyone/6f0249bb-56a7-4e52-9942-e3e4049b53d2
  3. I have just downloaded windows 10 so can anyone tell me the features of windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have just downloaded windows 10 so can anyone tell me the features of windows 10: I have just downloaded windows 10 in my pc can anyone tell me all the All the features of windows 10What can I do in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-just-downloaded-windows-10-so-can-anyone/6f0249bb-56a7-4e52-9942-e3e4049b53d2
  4. I have just downloaded windows 10 so can anyone tell me the features of windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Notification tells me I have a virus.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Notification tells me I have a virus.: Windows Defender tells me it cannot access a file and tells me to contact my IT Administrator. I am on the computer and I am the only administrator. From what I can see, the subject is not being displayed."Notification tells me I have a virus."*moved from Windows / Apps on...
  6. Notification tells me I have a virus.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification tells me I have a virus.: Windows Defender tells me it cannot access a file and tells me to contact my IT Administrator. I am on the computer and I am the only administrator. From what I can see, the subject is not being displayed."Notification tells me I have a virus."...
  7. I have the new Edge so stop telling me to download it

in Windows 10 Support
    I have the new Edge so stop telling me to download it: I already have the new Edge yet I am constantly being prompted to download it on Bing etc. Popups, ribbons etc. I am tired of it. I guess MS can't even figure out I have their stupid new browser. 161252
  8. How to tell if I have new Chromium Edge?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to tell if I have new Chromium Edge?: I still don't think my PC has updated itself to the new Edge Chromium based browser. How do I tell? submitted by /u/teutonicnight99 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gzxnfi/how_to_tell_if_i_have_new_chromium_edge/
  9. Microsoft Edge tells me that I have no permission to download files? How can I fix that?...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Edge tells me that I have no permission to download files? How can I fix that?...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ThereWasAnAttempt_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gf5kff/microsoft_edge_tells_me_that_i_have_no_permission/
  10. My Edge browser is stuck on a page telling me that I have a virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My Edge browser is stuck on a page telling me that I have a virus: So I was browsing a website, and I went to click on something, and I got this annoying url popup with a page that displays a blue screen, and a voice that tells me I have a virus and to call a telephone number, even though that isn't true. Well.. I figured hm, maybe if I sign...