Windows 10: I have the same question about Windows 10 Mail app that seems to be plaguing so many other...

Discus and support I have the same question about Windows 10 Mail app that seems to be plaguing so many other... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can't get my contacts in 'People' to work with the Mail app in Windows 10. I see the same reply to every person who complains about how hamstrung... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dennis Fahlstrom, Oct 22, 2018.

1. I have the same question about Windows 10 Mail app that seems to be plaguing so many other...

I can't get my contacts in 'People' to work with the Mail app in Windows 10.

I see the same reply to every person who complains about how hamstrung the Windows 10 mail app is. I followed the instruction and did get my CSV file imported into 'People', and the contacts do show up there ...however there appears to be no link between 'People' and the Mail App which would allow me to make use of my contacts information. So what good is it??

What is wrong with this and why does it take MS so long to address a problem like it that is bothering so many people? Perhaps Bill should direct some of his billions into hiring enough people to answer these issues. I'm a totally frustrated Windows 10 user. I avoided going over from 7 to 10 as long as I could but now I was forced kicking and screaming and had to make the move and I hate it. This OS seems to have had focused most of energies that went into it aimed at silly trinkets and window dressing rather than fixing some of the few serious issues that we users had with Windows 7. In their effort to enhance security, they have made their OS nearly impossible to use.

10 is incredibly invasive and backward. Most things that worked well in 7 now no longer work or they work in an entirely new and convoluted fashion. This is called product improvement??

:)

Dennis Fahlstrom, Oct 22, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. I have the same question about Windows 10 Mail app that seems to be plaguing so many other... :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 22, 2018
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Oct 22, 2018
  4. Mel Tar Win User

I have the same question about Windows 10 Mail app that seems to be plaguing so many other...

Mel Tar, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

I have the same question about Windows 10 Mail app that seems to be plaguing so many other...

1. I have the same question about Windows 10 Mail app that seems to be plaguing so many other... - Similar Threads - same question Mail

2. I have a question about the phone link app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a question about the phone link app: Hello, I use the phone link app on my HP laptop and an Android phone. When receiving a text to my phone, a small "pop up" "screen" would come out of the right side of my laptop screen showing the text. A week or so ago, that stopped happening. I have not changed anything but...
  3. I have a question about the phone link app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a question about the phone link app: Hello, I use the phone link app on my HP laptop and an Android phone. When receiving a text to my phone, a small "pop up" "screen" would come out of the right side of my laptop screen showing the text. A week or so ago, that stopped happening. I have not changed anything but...
  4. So many apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So many apps: With so many free call apps around nowadays, which one is the very best in the world for smartphones? I wanna call Brazil from el salvador for free and talk for at least one hour. Viber, letscall, callfree, ect… with so much competing apps and companies offering this kind of...
  5. I have some questions about Windows 10..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have some questions about Windows 10..: Right now i'm using Windows 10 for about 3 years.. Iknow how to make it Faster and reduce lagg and speed it up but i want to know if there is more to do than just Disabling/deleting the inbuilt-apps and crap but i didn't disabled The telemetry because it will mess things...
  6. Hello I have a question about the App Windows phone?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hello I have a question about the App Windows phone?: Hello hello there is an app called Phone App. There you can also use your phone on your PC. I have an Acer Switch 3 but unfortunately this app does not work. I can't download it from the Microsoft Store properly, there is always an error. Does anyone know if you can download...
  7. Many questions about Windows activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Many questions about Windows activation: I just bought a new computer without a OS. I installed a Windows 10 Home copy, but until now I haven't activated it. My another computer had an OEM Windows 7 with an unactivated Office. I want to buy licenses, but I'm very confused with the information about Windows and...
  8. So I have a question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So I have a question: I'm stuck on lock screen and when I try resetting it's says there was an error and no changes were made, what should I do? Thanks :) submitted by /u/TheRobotNot [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eopo9b/so_i_have_a_question/
  9. I have many questions about Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have many questions about Windows 10.: Split from this thread. I have a Windows 10, HP Laptop. I have many questions! I'm about to install the Windows 10 operating system, from a DVD. Here goes . . . Do I have to delete everything on my computer, to then do the install? Or will be done during the install? How...
  10. Maybe some other Win 10 Users - have same questions about Partitions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Maybe some other Win 10 Users - have same questions about Partitions: I have lots of questions about HD Partitions, and am post the Disk Management screen shot from my desktop a few minutes ago. Maybe someone could tell me what each of these partitions are for, and why so many. ? MY Drive F: is a backup drive, and not much on it at this...