Windows 10: I have the "Working On It" error with the green bar in File Explorer. Sometimes.

Discus and support I have the "Working On It" error with the green bar in File Explorer. Sometimes. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever it happens, I'm downloading files using Chrome. And the destination folder is the one hit by the "Working On It" thing. But when the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/djcamera, Jan 27, 2020.

1. I have the "Working On It" error with the green bar in File Explorer. Sometimes.

Whenever it happens, I'm downloading files using Chrome. And the destination folder is the one hit by the "Working On It" thing.

But when the downloads are finished, and I close Chrome, the files suddenly appear with their correct icons and are accessible.

Conflict with Windows 10 & Chrome maybe? The only extension I'm running is AdBlock.

submitted by /u/djcamera
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/djcamera, Jan 27, 2020
  2. Mohan B P Win User

Green bar

Hi,

I realize that you are facing slow performance issue in your Windows 10 system. Let me assist you.

To assist you better, write back to us with the following information.

• When you say “I am getting a green bar across the top of all my windows”, are you referring to the loading green progress bar?

• What is the make and model of your system?

• Which build of Windows 10 is installed in your computer?

I suggest you to follow the below troubleshooting methods and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: Delete Cache and Cookie from Internet Explorer.

• Press Windows key + R key, type
      inetcpl.cpl and press Enter key.

• Click on Delete.

• Check the first four options and click on
      Delete option.

Step 2: Run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all in the left panel.

• Find and click on Internet Explorer Performance.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to provide the screenshot of the issue you are facing.

Refer to the below link to attach screen shot in your post:

How to include a screenshot in your post

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Jan 27, 2020
  3. Sanshero Win User
    Explorer.exe unspecified error and very slow green bar in my computer!

That address is NOT existed (C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\)

I have the "Working On It" error with the green bar in File Explorer. Sometimes. [​IMG]

Sanshero, Jan 27, 2020
  4. I have the "Working On It" error with the green bar in File Explorer. Sometimes.

File Explorer Green Ribbon of Death

When I first upgraded to W10, File Explorer worked as it did in W7. Now when I open it I see a blank preview section and the forever expanding green ribbon in the ribbon bar. I tried checking Always show Icons, never thumbnails and the green ribbon finally finishes. But not being able to see picture thumbnails is a pain. I turned thumbnails on for the Pictures folder only and the never ending green ribbon is back. Possibly a related problem: with thumbnails off (or on) if I left click on a video file in the Videos volder, file explorer hangs and I have to end it with Task Manager.

I have heard that by ending the dllhost.exe process/service, the green ribbon goes away, but so does W10 security and stability.

Suggestions on how to fix are appreciated.

Without a properworking File Explorer, W10 is not really a suitable OS.

Graywuhllf, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

I have the "Working On It" error with the green bar in File Explorer. Sometimes.

1. I have the "Working On It" error with the green bar in File Explorer. Sometimes. - Similar Threads - Working error green

2. Windows Explorer Green Bar Never Loads/Working on It Displayed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Explorer Green Bar Never Loads/Working on It Displayed: My laptop keeps having this issue with Explorer and nothing I found online could help. Anyone know how to fix this issue? Running Windows 10.0.18363 Build 18363 submitted by /u/fredflintstone124 [link] [comments]...
  3. Search bar SOMETIMES not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search bar SOMETIMES not working: Hi, I'm getting really frustrated about my windows menu search bar. Sometimes it'll show everything about a file, content inside if it's text, names, all and other times it cannot get any documents whatsoever. I tried repairing index, restarting Cortana. Turn it off, restart...
  4. File Explorer - Explorer Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer - Explorer Bar: The explorer bar window on my File Explorer seems to think it's re-sizable now, and when I move my mouse over it, the icon changes to a resizing one. Except, I cannot actually resize it. Does anyone know how to remove this? See the below image for what I mean......
  5. File Explorer Freezes Sometimes

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Freezes Sometimes: Hello,Yesterday (24-Jan-2020) installed update KB4534321.Today I noticed that sometimes windows file explorer freezes.Tried to close its window in the taskbar, once it worked, reopened, it was frozen. Rebooted computer, now it works.Does this update causing the trouble or...
  6. File Explorer search bar not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer search bar not working: I've noticed this issue yesterday. When I try to search something in my File Explorer it looks like it's searching but the green bar seems to go on forever. I left it up for an hour and it was still searching when I came back. I even tried to look for files that I knew were...
  7. File manager is broken. Says 'working on it' Green bar, no files.

in Windows 10 Support
    File manager is broken. Says 'working on it' Green bar, no files.: Wife says she has to walk away and leave it, and it may eventually show files. It does not list any directories at all on the left pane. So how to fix, and if not fixable, is there an alternate file manager? 93159
  8. Green progress bar in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Green progress bar in File Explorer: I don't remember how or when I made a change in File Explorer, but each time I call it up now, I get a slow moving progress bar in the bar where it identifies the location. I noticed there in the search bar it shows where it is going: "search (J:) Jack" as an example. How...
  9. Windows explorer very slow (green bar)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows explorer very slow (green bar): My windows explorer used to be very fast. Then I tried to decompress a zip file, and cancel it. Now it is very slow. symptoms: -When I press (Windows)+E nothing happens until some minutes later (before it opened winosw explorer instantly) -when explorer is open I...
  10. File Explorer Green Ribbon of Death

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Green Ribbon of Death: When I first upgraded to W10, File Explorer worked as it did in W7. Now when I open it I see a blank preview section and the forever expanding green ribbon in the ribbon bar. I tried checking Always show Icons, never thumbnails and the green ribbon finally finishes. But not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 file explorer progress bar