Windows 10: I have the wrong time zone, how to make change?

Discus and support I have the wrong time zone, how to make change? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Wrong time zone listed?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GinnyRielli1, Dec 18, 2018.

1. I have the wrong time zone, how to make change?

Wrong time zone listed?

:)

GinnyRielli1, Dec 18, 2018
  2. Ellen22 Win User

Unable to change the time zone in Windows 10

I'm running Windows 10 Pro. My time zone is Jerusalem, but I need to change it to Eastern to test a program I'm working on.

The time zone won't change. I have tried:

• From the clock/calendar, when I change it - it changes back.
    • From Control Panel - Date and Time, "Change time zone..." - when I click save I get the message "Error occurred - your changes could not be saved."
    • As the Built-in Administrator from the command line using tzutil - I get the message "Insufficient privileges to set the current time zone."

The registry key TimeZoneInformation has Full Control for Administrators

Administrators are listed in the Local Security Setting "Change the Time Zone"

Any suggestions?

Ellen22, Dec 18, 2018
  3. Shows the wrong time

Hi Jonas,

If you live in a region that does not observe daylight saving time (DST), but the Windows setting for that time zone
    does adjust for daylight saving time, we recommend that you do not clear the
    Automatically adjust clock for Daylight Saving Time check box in the
    Time Zone Settings dialog box. Instead, we suggest that you select a time zone that does not observe daylight saving time and that has the same Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) offset as the current time zone.

For example, assume that your current time zone is (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US and Canada). There are two time zones that do not observe daylight saving time and that have the same UTC offset (-06:00):

• (UTC-06:00) Central America
    • (UTC-06:00) Saskatchewan

To change your time zone setting, follow these steps:

• In Control Panel, click Clock, Language, and Region.
    • Click Change the time zone.
    • In the Time Zone area of the Date and Time
      dialog box, click Change time zone.
    • In the Time zone list, select a time zone that does not observe daylight saving time and has the same UTC offset as your current time zone.
    • Click OK.
    • Click Apply, and then click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Lizette Ags, Dec 18, 2018
  4. I have the wrong time zone, how to make change?

Time Zone Change

I moved states recently and went to change my time zone, only to discover my new time zone (Sydney) wasn't on the list.

How do I get the new time zone added. I would have thought all the major cities would have been there automatically.

helpancient, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

I have the wrong time zone, how to make change?

1. I have the wrong time zone, how to make change? - Similar Threads - wrong zone change

2. Change Time zone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Time zone: I am trying to change my Time Zone but the button isn't allowing me and is grayed out. Please help me change the time zone. How can I get the button to allow me to change the time zone?...
  3. Changing Time Zone

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing Time Zone: My time zone is US Mountain Time. Whenever I try to change the time zone to US Mountain Time my pc automatically changes back to Pacific Time. Does anyone know why or a way to fix this?...
  4. Changing Time Zone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing Time Zone: I recently built my computer and the time has always been a few hours behind, I've googled how to change the time zones but after I change it to my timezone the time doesn't change on the computer. I need help. submitted by /u/Facts-I-Made-Up [link] [comments]...
  5. Wrong 'Time Zone'

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong 'Time Zone': Hi there, After post my question I've read many posts trying to solve that issue. For some reason, the time zone configured in my Windows 10 is 'UTC+00:00 Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London'. I've followed guidelines about how to change it to 'UTC+01:00 Brussels, Copenhagen,...
  6. wrong time zone

wrong time zone: I just bought a refurb comp but the time zone is set for pacific time and I live in eastern time zone. how do I change it? I have win 10 pro 64 bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-time-zone/c802ddbb-c0d7-4ce8-83fa-c7529fa6d00b
  7. Time zone always wrong

Time zone always wrong: So I need some help with my clock and time zone settings. I have multiple windows 10 computers in my house, and they all have the incorrect time zones. For some reason, they think we are in Beijing, China, even though we are in the eastern United States. my first assumption...
  8. Time zone is correct, but Time is wrong

Time zone is correct, but Time is wrong: The automatic time zone in Vilnius, Lithuania is UTC +3 hrs. This is accurate during daylight savings time. However, the time displayed on the clock is wrong. Interestingly, Windows is not the only source that gets this wrong. The website Time Difference lists the time as...
  9. change time zone

change time zone: I have recently restore my laptop and I cant change my time zone to gmt5.30. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-time-zone/48c89f25-8f2b-47bd-a2bb-ddb3e82e9450
  10. Wrong time zone detected

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrong time zone detected: When I go up to my cabin, Windows always changes my time zone to Pacific. I'm in Mountain Time, and I actually go east to get to the cabin. I don't know if it's the IP address, or the WiFi network, or what, but it happens every time. If I go into Time settings and disable...