Windows 10: I have these PNG files that shows up in my photos app that has a file name...

Discus and support I have these PNG files that shows up in my photos app that has a file name... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; These photo like a icon and has a file address on my C: drive as ( C:\Program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rockfishfly, Jun 3, 2019.

1. I have these PNG files that shows up in my photos app that has a file name...

These photo like a icon and has a file address on my C: drive as ( C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Office.Desktop.Excel_16051.11629.20196.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe\.pkg) how do I get ride of them, I don't use them. What is it and

and can I just delete them. Thank rockfishfly

:)

rockfishfly, Jun 3, 2019
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jun 3, 2019
  3. dark2099 Win User
    Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Jun 3, 2019
  4. mccarty_p Win User

I have these PNG files that shows up in my photos app that has a file name...

Windows 10 Photos App file names

How can I view my pictures in the Photos App to show the file names - the ones I give to my edited photos and the original file names from the camera? In previous versions of Windows, you could view thumbnails with file names underneath which was quick and
    easy. Thanks

This Photos App certainly has a lot of shortcomings - no ability to resize for posting to emails, for example. I was advised to switch back to Picture Gallery but this will not allow anything but Tiff files, so that was no help.

mccarty_p, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

I have these PNG files that shows up in my photos app that has a file name...

1. I have these PNG files that shows up in my photos app that has a file name... - Similar Threads - PNG files shows

2. File folder won't show preview if file has # in the name

in Windows 10 Customization
    File folder won't show preview if file has # in the name: Hi, with my last update 3/10/2022 my file folder won't display any PDF file with the # in the name. How can I fix this as I use that for invoices numbers to label work often....
  3. File folder won't show preview if file has # in the name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File folder won't show preview if file has # in the name: Hi, with my last update 3/10/2022 my file folder won't display any PDF file with the # in the name. How can I fix this as I use that for invoices numbers to label work often....
  4. File folder won't show preview if file has # in the name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. MS Photos app - album - file names

MS Photos app - album - file names: To collect my best photos of the month, on my PC Windows 10, I use the Photos app, page through the photos, and add good ones to a new "album".I then want to copy the actual .jpeg or .heic files of the selected photos, a to make a backup, and b to add them to my PC wallpaper...
  6. My Photos is full of PNG files I don't want

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Photos is full of PNG files I don't want: My Photos is cluttered with PNG files I don't want , and I can't get rid of them. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-photos-is-full-of-png-files-i-dont-want/5bc04cc7-aaeb-45fd-98a7-3245cfe4eb23
  7. photos file filling up with png. files HELP

photos file filling up with png. files HELP: windows10 photos is filling up with png. files every month and I can't stop it or delete them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-file-filling-up-with-png-files-help/4b339243-b834-4ae1-89d1-4fa514572c34
  8. My computer USERS file name has changed names and the files in it have nothing in them.

My computer USERS file name has changed names and the files in it have nothing in them.: Some how today, under C:/Users my computer used to be called 'mrspa', but now it says 'defaultuser0' and almost nothing is in the file folders listed under this new named folder and 'mrspa' is no where to be found. How do I get it back to 'mrspa' with all the normal files...
  9. PNG Files not showing the preview thumbnail

PNG Files not showing the preview thumbnail: I had this issue a few months ago, where all my PNG files stopped showing their preview thumbnails on the picture icon. This happened at the same time when my applications started losing their icons images (such as the "Configurations" app, Calculator, and 3rd party...
  10. Unexpected .PNG Files Mixed With My Photos

Unexpected .PNG Files Mixed With My Photos: Recently, I perused my (extensive) photo gallery in search of photos to use in a PhotoBook. Keep in mind I don't reference a lot of older photos, on a regular basis. So, back in 2006 vintage, I was very surprised to find several .PNG files, named "GoldRat.png,...