Windows 10: I have this file i cannot delete, change the location of, or rename, can anyone help?

Discus and support I have this file i cannot delete, change the location of, or rename, can anyone help? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After downloading RPG maker MV on to my laptop, i've never been able to delete this folder called "First thing". It comes up with a popup, telling me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DizzAFizz, Dec 20, 2021.

1. DizzAFizz Win User

I have this file i cannot delete, change the location of, or rename, can anyone help?

After downloading RPG maker MV on to my laptop, i've never been able to delete this folder called "First thing". It comes up with a popup, telling me that "the system cannot find the file specified" Image. I've tried to rename it but it puts me into a never ending loop of "this file in the directory already exists" and "Could not find this item" In the GIF. It's really weird and its just collecting dust on my desktop. Please help!

:)

DizzAFizz, Dec 20, 2021

2. how do you read the BSOD error message?

good question *Wink I have this file i cannot delete, change the location of, or rename, can anyone help? ;)

i have a suggestion

copy and paste the dmp file into a different location and then rename it txt

see if that helps

i hope you know how to change file extentions *Smile I have this file i cannot delete, change the location of, or rename, can anyone help? :)

dr emulator (madmax), Dec 20, 2021
  3. Liezl Fal Win User
    after recover i have file i can't delete (windows 10)

Hi,

Did you try to do a reboot on your computer? I suggest that you do so and then delete the files. You can also do these steps:

1. Rename the files

2. Change the location of the files or create another folder for them.

3. Delete the folder.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Dec 20, 2021
  4. m18xr2 Win User

I have this file i cannot delete, change the location of, or rename, can anyone help?

File action gets reversed ie deletion, move, rename etc, pls help

so I am doing a bunch of file sorting/editing. problem I'm facing is the action I do gets undone by windows and I'm not sure what is causing this. lists below:

- deleted files into bin would be moved back
    - renamed files change it's name back
    - copy and pasted file would disappear
    - moved files would move back to its prior location

my guess is some sort of corruption in undo thats tied to memory? but corruption in what? has anyone experienced this before and know how to fix this?

m18xr2, Dec 20, 2021
Thema:

1. I have this file i cannot delete, change the location of, or rename, can anyone help? - Similar Threads - file cannot delete

2. I cannot delete restoro can anyone help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot delete restoro can anyone help?: When I try to delete it I get this "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device". Click on Yes, then a popup appears: "There are pending system changes. You must reboot before you can uninstall Restoro, would you like to reboot now?"Rebooting just takes me...
  3. I cannot delete restoro can anyone help?

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot delete restoro can anyone help?: When I try to delete it I get this "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device". Click on Yes, then a popup appears: "There are pending system changes. You must reboot before you can uninstall Restoro, would you like to reboot now?"Rebooting just takes me...
  4. I cannot delete restoro can anyone help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I have this file i cannot delete, change the location of, or rename, can anyone help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have this file i cannot delete, change the location of, or rename, can anyone help?: After downloading RPG maker MV on to my laptop, i've never been able to delete this folder called "First thing". It comes up with a popup, telling me that "the system cannot find the file specified" Image. I've tried to rename it but it puts me into a never ending loop of...
  6. I have this file i cannot delete, change the location of, or rename, can anyone help?

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have this file i cannot delete, change the location of, or rename, can anyone help?: After downloading RPG maker MV on to my laptop, i've never been able to delete this folder called "First thing". It comes up with a popup, telling me that "the system cannot find the file specified" Image. I've tried to rename it but it puts me into a never ending loop of...
  7. i can not change the location of a file system

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i can not change the location of a file system: Hello my problem is that i can not change the location of the file system [Download] and i tried everything i will sent you some captures of the problem....
  8. I have Password protected files I cannot locate.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have Password protected files I cannot locate.: I recently took my laptop in for service (RAM upgrade) and found when I got it back that the OS had been reinstalled. I have two acct.s on this computer an Admin acct. and my acct. both password protected with different pass words. I updated Windows and did a full system scan...
  9. HELP!!! no matter what I do, I cannot delete that file...does anyone have any tricks or...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP!!! no matter what I do, I cannot delete that file...does anyone have any tricks or...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/candr14 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dysw6d/help_no_matter_what_i_do_i_cannot_delete_that/
  10. Cannot delete or rename files in Onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete or rename files in Onedrive: I have a problem in Windows 10. Sometimes I cannot delete or rename files (images) that are in Onedive. This happens only if I use a third party program to do it. This has happened with several programs so it is an issue of an individual program. Copying the files and then...