Windows 10: I have this problem and it does not allow me to enter repair or to boot a USB with Windows

Discus and support I have this problem and it does not allow me to enter repair or to boot a USB with Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; ..........[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-this-problem-and-it-does-not-allow-me-to/2948209f-7b45-41c8-978a-e1c1faff24b3 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by yahirmonarca, Oct 23, 2020.

1. I have this problem and it does not allow me to enter repair or to boot a USB with Windows

..........I have this problem and it does not allow me to enter repair or to boot a USB with Windows [​IMG]

:)

yahirmonarca, Oct 23, 2020

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Oct 23, 2020
  3. "Preparing Automatic Repair" Screen Boot Problem

Hi Jard,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to perform startup repair using a Windows 10 installation disk by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Startup Repair is a Windows Recovery tool that can fix certain system problems that might prevent Windows from starting. Startup Repair scans your computer for the problem, and then tries to fix it so your computer can
    start correctly.

Startup Repair is one of the recovery tools in the System Recovery Options menu. This set of tools is located on your computer’s hard disk, and on the Windows Installation disc.

If you are on Windows 10, I suggest you to repair your computer by creating a Windows 10 Bootable media (i.e. USB or DVD) using

Media Creation Tool
    . Once you're ready with Bootable Media, follow the below mentioned steps.

• Insert the Windows installation disc in the disc drive or connect USB media and then start the computer.
    • Press a key when the message Press any key to boot from CD or DVD appears.

If your PC does not detect the media automatically
      • During the restart process, read the screen for any instructions that explain how to interrupt normal startup and enter the basic input/output system (BIOS) setup utility. Most PCs use the F2, F10, ESC, or DEL key to begin the BIOS Setup.
      • Look for a tab in the BIOS Setup Utility that is labeled Boot Order,
        Boot Options, or Boot. Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to go to the
        Boot Order, then press Enter.
      • Locate the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive (this might be called Removable Device) in the Boot list. Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to move the drive up so that it appears first in the Boot list. Press
        Enter. The boot order sequence is now changed to boot from the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive.
      • Press F10 to save your changes and to exit the BIOS Setup Utility. Select
        Yes in the confirmation window. The PC will
        restart
        . Allow the PC to restart normally. The scan will take a few minutes and remove any malware that may be infecting your computer.
    • Select a language, a time, a currency, a keyboard or another input method, and then click
      Next.
    • Click Repair your computer.
    • Click the operating system that you want to repair and then click
      Next
    • On the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot
      . Select Advanced options from the window and click on
      Startup repair option.

Write back to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 23, 2020
  4. I have this problem and it does not allow me to enter repair or to boot a USB with Windows

Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

I have this problem and it does not allow me to enter repair or to boot a USB with Windows

1. I have this problem and it does not allow me to enter repair or to boot a USB with Windows - Similar Threads - problem does allow

2. Chrome Password Manager does not allow me to enter a pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome Password Manager does not allow me to enter a pin: This is the same issue as another user posted recently: "For whatever reason, trying to use stored password manager in Google Chrome malfunctions and won't allow me to enter my Windows PIN...It won't register the keypresses...This is not a problem with other apps, and there...
  3. Chrome Password Manager does not allow me to enter a pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome Password Manager does not allow me to enter a pin: This is the same issue as another user posted recently: "For whatever reason, trying to use stored password manager in Google Chrome malfunctions and won't allow me to enter my Windows PIN...It won't register the keypresses...This is not a problem with other apps, and there...
  4. Chrome Password Manager does not allow me to enter a pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Booted PC into safe mode and it will not allow me to enter my PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Booted PC into safe mode and it will not allow me to enter my PIN: I have just booted my pc into safe mode and for the first time it hasn't let me enter the pin, it says "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again".Clicking the link does nothing and i cant even see the text entry box so i cant get in. As...
  6. Booted PC into safe mode and it will not allow me to enter my PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booted PC into safe mode and it will not allow me to enter my PIN: I have just booted my pc into safe mode and for the first time it hasn't let me enter the pin, it says "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again".Clicking the link does nothing and i cant even see the text entry box so i cant get in. As...
  7. Windows Does not allow me to sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Does not allow me to sign in: Hello, Microsoft community.I have not been able to sign in to my system. I have also tried signing in with safe mode but all to no avail.Even when I try to sign with safe mode It does not allow me to sign in what it does is that it shows sign-in on the page but when i click...
  8. does anyone have the same problem? It has not allowed me to record anything for months and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    does anyone have the same problem? It has not allowed me to record anything for months and...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/KurisuChris_Zero [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fpktzb/does_anyone_have_the_same_problem_it_has_not/
  9. Site is not allowing me to enter the date.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Site is not allowing me to enter the date.: A site I use for public transportation is not allowing me to enter the date. I can do it successfully on other computers, just not mine. Any ideas?...
  10. booting Windows repair from usb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    booting Windows repair from usb: I have had some bios problems since the last windows big update. Now the computer (asus) will not reboot. I have created a usb to reboot or repair the system. I have gone in to bios settings and selected usb boot option. I am still brought back to the repair screen...