Windows 10: I have this weird pixels on screen and I think it's a windows 10 problem (?)

Discus and support I have this weird pixels on screen and I think it's a windows 10 problem (?) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Idk why this keeps happening and it's very weird because it only does when I close my laptop like once every ten times or so. Does someone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ncaste, Oct 28, 2020.

1. /u/ncaste Win User

I have this weird pixels on screen and I think it's a windows 10 problem (?)

/u/ncaste, Oct 28, 2020

2. Windows 10 Aniversary - Pixelated Screen

Hi,

I realize that after the Anniversary update you are getting randomly weird pixelated screens. I will try to help you with this issue.

As the issue is occurring after waking up the PC from sleep mode, let us try these steps to check if that helps.

You may run the Power troubleshooter and restart the computer to check if this helps.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Control Panel”.

• Click on “Troubleshooting”.

• Click on “View all” and select “Power”.
    Follow the on-screen directions to run this troubleshooter completely. Once this is done, restart the computer and check the status.

Further you may also follow these steps to reset all default power plans to default settings:

• Open a command prompt.

• In the command prompt, type “powercfg –restoredefaultschemes” and press Enter.

• Close the command prompt.
    Remember to restart the computer to check if that helps.

Keep us updated to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Oct 28, 2020
  3. My computer crashed, and a weird pattern of pixels was left on the screen

It appears to be a memory issue. To see if it's just temporary, do a full shutdown and reboot.

• Press Windows and type CMD.
    • Press Enter to get a CMD prompt.
    • Type shutdown /s /t 0 .
    • Reboot and check for the pixel problem.
    • If that does not resolve the issue, turn off Fast Startup, which may be caching invalid data, and repeat the steps above.

Let me know if this helps!

DrMoishe Pippik, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Senarium Win User

Weird BSOD problem

Hi Everyone,

I have a weird BSOD problem which I cannot solve for a while(it persists still after upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7)

The main strange thing about this is that I get BSOD only after cold boot.
    So it acts like this:

1. start PC.
    2. Get to Windows Logo Screen
    3. BSOD
    4. Restart
    5. Get to menu where I can try to repair or Start NormallyIf I Choose Repair, it will fail to repair and will try to restoreIf I Choose Start Normally, it will start OK, no BSOD, can work normally, games, browse internet, everything is normal.6. Shutdown PC
    7. Next time when I start is all over again i.e. Go to Step 1

I have this problem for a while, so what I tried:
    1. Another Windows 7
    2. Another HDD
    3. Only HDD connected
    4. Changed RAM
    5. Tried with built in GPU
    6. Upgraded to Windows 10

Result is the same as above every time.

Please suggest what could be the cause.
    Logs collected with DM_Log_Collector, attached.

Thank you

PS. This thread is a continuation of this one: Frequent multiple errors BSOD. Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums the only thing changed is Windows 10 now. instead of Windows 7. If that helps somehow.

Senarium, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

1. I have this weird pixels on screen and I think it's a windows 10 problem (?) - Similar Threads - weird pixels screen

2. Weird glitchy pixels on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird glitchy pixels on screen: Hi! I had an issue with some weird glitchy pixels will attach pictures of it after I minimized my discord window. When I minimized my discord window on my second monitor it suddenly turned black for a mere second on both monitors and got back to normal again happened twice...
  3. Weird glitchy pixels on screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird glitchy pixels on screen: Hi! I had an issue with some weird glitchy pixels will attach pictures of it after I minimized my discord window. When I minimized my discord window on my second monitor it suddenly turned black for a mere second on both monitors and got back to normal again happened twice...
  4. I have a weird problem going on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a weird problem going on...: So for some reason, not sure if this is a bug or a hidden virus on my computer that my antivirus can't find, but I'm unable to install files on my computer, specifically if they're associated with the Microsoft Windows Installer. It keeps telling me that another program is...
  5. I have a weird problem going on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a weird problem going on...: So for some reason, not sure if this is a bug or a hidden virus on my computer that my antivirus can't find, but I'm unable to install files on my computer, specifically if they're associated with the Microsoft Windows Installer. It keeps telling me that another program is...
  6. I have a weird problem going on...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. i think i might have a problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i think i might have a problem: so i use a special password for all of my game accounts today when i went on them i was banned for hacking i think someone hacked my accounts and then hacked on them unfortunate spacemen? BANNED first person shooter? BANNED among us? BANNED my online rhythm games? BAND...
  8. I Have a weird problem.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I Have a weird problem.: This started a while back whenever i wanted to open a video the cursor just kept lagging and moving like its at 1 fps and then the file explorer would crash and the taskbar would "reset" (all the apps in it would disappear and come again). now whenever i open the downloads...
  9. I have tried everything, I think this is NEW WEIRD VIRUS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have tried everything, I think this is NEW WEIRD VIRUS: Below is the error information I received. I can not open settings to change anything or get in under admin clearance. I can not download anything either as I tried a paid service with avg to scan computer for virus and wont let me. Description Faulting Application Path:...
  10. Having problems with memory, I think.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Having problems with memory, I think.: I hope I'm putting this in the right place. I am running 4 sticks of Corsair memory adding up to 16gig. By accident when I was System>Display, Sound, Notifications, power>About, I noticed that Win 10 is reporting Installed RAM=12.0GB. So I did some looking and found that you...