Windows 10: I have this weird USB drive icon after updating my pc to the latest version

Discus and support I have this weird USB drive icon after updating my pc to the latest version in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] So few days prior I updated my pc and this ugly/weird icon appeared as my USB drive;... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rslashthetis, Nov 20, 2019.

1. I have this weird USB drive icon after updating my pc to the latest version

I have this weird USB drive icon after updating my pc to the latest version 14bCiqpBdTPEQHxR9n3zo-MbyKYxFRV6dz52XUftQbc.jpg

So few days prior I updated my pc and this ugly/weird icon appeared as my USB drive;

https://preview.redd.it/m7hyjqxgjtz...bp&s=96ae6bf47ba7b1e03228f7b61a089945eefe61af

I've tried:

• Formatting
    • Deleting Partitions
    • Reinstalling Drivers

I use Autorun to set a custom icon for it but this is kinda bypassing the autorun script thing.

it doesn't have the memory bar thing because I just left it without any volumes.

Also, there's an option to "Open as Removable Device/Drive" (i don't use the English version).

submitted by /u/rslashthetis
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/rslashthetis, Nov 20, 2019
  2. DevSenpai Win User

Strange USB-Drive Icons

Something got borked up with the feature that automatically downloads device meta data, causing seemingly all storage devices to be listed as Unspecified devices and giving flash storage those generic ico2001.icos.

USB drives displaying weird icons (i believe in usb 3.0 ports only)

DevSenpai, Nov 20, 2019
  3. Nomgle Win User
    Two bugs in GPU-Z - icon and version number

Adding my name to the list of people with weird missing icon problems *Smile I have this weird USB drive icon after updating my pc to the latest version :)

Nomgle, Nov 20, 2019
  4. syedimty Win User

I have this weird USB drive icon after updating my pc to the latest version

Weird drive icons - Windows 7

MY drive icons changed to something weird after installing these program

Any drive formatter
    hsfexplorere 0.21
    HP Windows format utility for pen drive

Not sure which one caused it, but i have uninstalled all them still drive icon hasnt changed. Attached the screen shot

syedimty, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

I have this weird USB drive icon after updating my pc to the latest version

1. I have this weird USB drive icon after updating my pc to the latest version - Similar Threads - weird USB drive

2. Weird Icons After Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Weird Icons After Update: After update on my Sony Laptop, after bootup and before the sign in page I get MS's daily screen shot but along the top of page it shows a multitude of colored icon squares in two rows. What is MS doing to us?....
  3. Weird Icons After Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Icons After Update: After update on my Sony Laptop, after bootup and before the sign in page I get MS's daily screen shot but along the top of page it shows a multitude of colored icon squares in two rows. What is MS doing to us?....
  4. Weird Icons After Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Weird Drive icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird Drive icon: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/lunitari71 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l3ytg9/weird_drive_icon/
  6. The latest update disabled my usb drives.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The latest update disabled my usb drives.: Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041.329 I downloaded and installed the latest update and ever since then my usb drives do not work on boot up. I can fix the problem by going to device manager - universal serial bus controllers - uninstall ...re-start. Glad that I was able to...
  7. Usb not working after latest update

in Windows 10 Support
    Usb not working after latest update: Version10.0.19041 Build 19041.329 I downloaded and installed the latest update and ever since then my usb drives do not work on boot up. I can fix the problem by going to device manager - universal serial bus controllers - uninstall everything in there and reboot. I hate to...
  8. Laggy after update to latest version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laggy after update to latest version: Why am I the only one experiencing a lag in my laptop here and there after i updated the latest software? I know it was supposed to be smoother but for my case it didn't. When I tried to use any of the Microsoft Office like Word Docu, Powerpoint, it ended up lagging. I tried...
  9. USB External Drives (both flash and HDD's) weird icons and names (Latest CU BUG)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB External Drives (both flash and HDD's) weird icons and names (Latest CU BUG): [ATTACH] Is anyone else here getting strange icons on your usb flash drives/external hdd's? Are your devices being renamed do "Device" on the "Devices and printers" page and the eject icon on the bottom left corner? Here's an example:...
  10. USB drives displaying weird icons (i believe in usb 3.0 ports only)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB drives displaying weird icons (i believe in usb 3.0 ports only): This was never an issue until extremely recently. Unfortunately I didnt pick up on exactly when it began happening. All 3 of my usb external hard drives and my usb stick show weird icons in devices and printers (theyre the ones labled "device" if it isnt obvious lol) The usb...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. weird icon for usb storage devices