Windows 10: I have to click 3 or 4 times do to anything with my mouse, why is this

Discus and support I have to click 3 or 4 times do to anything with my mouse, why is this in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My mouse has done this since I have ordered it. it is like i have to click twice for it to register as even a single click and when i only click once,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by thedrwho42, Jun 10, 2019.

1. I have to click 3 or 4 times do to anything with my mouse, why is this

My mouse has done this since I have ordered it. it is like i have to click twice for it to register as even a single click and when i only click once, it is kind of like i am holding down the left button. what might be causing this and how might i be able to fix this?? it is just this mouse as i have another one that works just fine.

:)

thedrwho42, Jun 10, 2019

2. Automatic Power off 3-4 times while booting

Hello Buhari,

We know it's frustrating when things don't work as expected. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    I suggest you to follow the methods mentioned below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Disconnect all the external devices (printers, scanner, USB (universal serial bus) drives, etc...) Except mouse and the keyboard and then try to shut down.

Method 2: I suggest you to
    run in-built Power troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps:

1. Press Windows Key + X.

2. Click on Control Panel.

3. Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on View All.

4. Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.

Method 3: If the above method doesn’t help, I suggest you to
    reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back to their default settings.

Follow the steps:

1. Press Windows Key + X.

2. Select Command Prompt (Admin).

3. At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
    ENTER.

4. At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.

5. Restart the computer and check with the issue.

Hope this helps, let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 10, 2019
  3. Wandering mouse

Hi,

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to adjust the mouse speed and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

• Type mouse on the search bar and select Mouse and touchpad settings.
    • Select Additional Mouse Settings.
    • Select Pointer Options and adjust the mouse speed under Motion.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 10, 2019
  4. Buhari M Win User

I have to click 3 or 4 times do to anything with my mouse, why is this

Automatic Power off 3-4 times while booting

I have done a full reset of windows 10 and checked, Still the problem persist. Is there any solution for this problem ? Ubuntu does not face any problems, then why windows ?

Anyone have any idea ??? How can I contact Microsoft as I am using original windows 10

Buhari M, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

I have to click 3 or 4 times do to anything with my mouse, why is this

1. I have to click 3 or 4 times do to anything with my mouse, why is this - Similar Threads - click times anything

2. Mouse won't click on anything after a certain amout of time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse won't click on anything after a certain amout of time.: So I had this problem in the past and it has come back two years later. My mouse will just stop working on any other application besides the one I am already focused on. I can't click on anything on my taskbar, I can highlight over them and they will show the preview but my...
  3. Mouse won't click on anything after a certain amout of time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse won't click on anything after a certain amout of time.: So I had this problem in the past and it has come back two years later. My mouse will just stop working on any other application besides the one I am already focused on. I can't click on anything on my taskbar, I can highlight over them and they will show the preview but my...
  4. I have to click my mouse so many times to open anything. Why is this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have to click my mouse so many times to open anything. Why is this?: Why do I have to click my mouse so many times to open anything? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-to-click-my-mouse-so-many-times-to-open/2c872a99-c5a9-4771-a394-85e9938dbd94
  5. I have to click my mouse so many times to open anything. Why is this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have to click my mouse so many times to open anything. Why is this?: Why do I have to click my mouse so many times to open anything? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-to-click-my-mouse-so-many-times-to-open/2c872a99-c5a9-4771-a394-85e9938dbd94
  6. I have to click my mouse so many times to open anything. Why is this?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. I can't do anything with my mouse.

I can't do anything with my mouse.: This started about 5 days ago. I suddenly wasn't able to do anything with my mouse: hover animations, left click, right click, scrolling. Sometimes whenever I click it acts like I'm clicking on another window. I've tried "sfc /scannow" but that only fixes in momentarily. I...
  8. Why is my laptop doing this every time I click? Does this have to do with my colors settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is my laptop doing this every time I click? Does this have to do with my colors settings?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Fred37196 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kql8nq/why_is_my_laptop_doing_this_every_time_i_click/
  9. My mouse is double clicking every time I click once. What can I do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My mouse is double clicking every time I click once. What can I do?: I already tried reinstalling the mouse drivers, unplugging and plugging back in. What's going wrong with the mouse? submitted by /u/EmiliusKerman [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gvcgw7/my_mouse_is_double_clicking_every_time_i_click/
  10. I have to click two times for my mouse to work.

I have to click two times for my mouse to work.: This started happening a few days ago. I noticed that when I click my left button it doesn't work immediately so I have to click it 2-3 times fast for it to actually register. I went on my mouse settings and changed the function of the buttons, Instead of using my left button...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why do i have to clickmy mouse multiple times

2. why do i have to click my mouse several times