Windows 10: I have to click or press a key for my mouse to be able to move - how to fix??

Discus and support I have to click or press a key for my mouse to be able to move - how to fix?? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi! I’ve looked all over the internet but I can’t find a fix. I downloaded steam last night and everything was fine but this morning it seems as if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nelliemia, Feb 25, 2020.

1. I have to click or press a key for my mouse to be able to move - how to fix??

Hi! I’ve looked all over the internet but I can’t find a fix. I downloaded steam last night and everything was fine but this morning it seems as if I have to press a key or click to get the mouse trackpad to move? I’m assuming it’s some kind of setting.. any suggestions? thanks

submitted by /u/nelliemia
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nelliemia, Feb 25, 2020

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Feb 25, 2020
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Feb 25, 2020
  4. I have to click or press a key for my mouse to be able to move - how to fix??

My mouse locks whenever I press a key

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

This issue could be due to the mouse driver is outdated. Let’s try the simple troubleshooting methods and check if it helps resolving the issue.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Hardware and sound under Troubleshoot computer problems.

• Click on Hardware and devices under Devices.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware and devices dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).
    • Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Also follow the below methods to update USB mouse driver.

Method 2.

I recommend you to update the USB mouse driver manually and check. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X.

• Select Device Manager.

• Expand Universal Serial Bus.

• Right click the USB Mouse device and click
      update.
    • Once complete, restart your computer.
    Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you

Billion Debbarma, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

I have to click or press a key for my mouse to be able to move - how to fix??

1. I have to click or press a key for my mouse to be able to move - how to fix?? - Similar Threads - click press key

2. Hello, how do I disable having to press space or clicking the mouse to go to the enter...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hello, how do I disable having to press space or clicking the mouse to go to the enter...: Like, when I start it, it gives me the background, and the time and all. So, I have to click the mouse or press space to go to enter my password. How can I disable that and directly go to the enter password screen?...
  3. Touchpad can move a mouse but isn't able to click.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad can move a mouse but isn't able to click.: As the title states, I can't click anything with my cursor but I can move it around. I can tap the middle of the touchpad and have a normal mouse that clicks perfectly but the left and right buttons don't work with the touchpad. Any reasons why?...
  4. Mouse will move but not click?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse will move but not click?: My pc makes a noise like something is being connected after it is restarted and about 5 seconds after home screen appears then my mouse will still move but not click. When it’s booted in safe mode the mouse works fine. Nothing is being connected to my PC so I have no idea...
  5. My mouse moves delayed, and I don't know how to fix it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My mouse moves delayed, and I don't know how to fix it.: Pretty often, though not all the time, my mouse will move slowly and delayed, very sluggishly, sometimes move to a random part of the screen. Sometimes, it will be just fine. Because the mouse moves so weirdly, it takes me another few seconds to get my mouse over something I...
  6. Move mouse in the press of a button

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Move mouse in the press of a button: Is there something like a download to anything to let you move your mouse to the left/right in just a single press? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-mouse-in-the-press-of-a-button/9786f425-ed8c-43a6-98d4-3a14cb82fdcc
  7. the mouse on my screen moves when I press arrow keys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    the mouse on my screen moves when I press arrow keys: the mouse on my screen moves when I press arrow keys, yet the mouse control with the key pad is turned off. this is very inconvenient and I don't like it. how to fix it? again, the function to control the mouse with keys is turned OFF. this is awful. how do I fix it?...
  8. Arrow keys keep moving the mouse, but I don't have mouse keys on.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Arrow keys keep moving the mouse, but I don't have mouse keys on.: Title. Every time I touch the arrow keys, my mouse's pointer moves. I don't know how to fix this, can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/arrow-keys-keep-moving-the-mouse-but-i-dont-have/b39c166c-e22c-4b27-aff1-1b303ffa5477
  9. mouse not moving when key pressed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse not moving when key pressed: my mouse doesn't move when a key is pressed. I noticed that when I started playing osu! I have an HP Envy computer with a Synaptics SMBus ClickPad trackpad. I unchecked "hide pointer while typing" but the problem continues. Is there any fix? If so, what's the fix?...
  10. Mouse is Moving Erratically - How Do i Fix It?

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse is Moving Erratically - How Do i Fix It?: My mouse is moving somewhat erratic. How can I fix this? 124917