Windows 10: I have to enable Legacy setting in BIOS

Discus and support I have to enable Legacy setting in BIOS in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, My laptop was reformating when it got interrupted by power outage last year. Since then, whenever I turn it on, I have to manually enable Legacy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by techdummy7, Aug 22, 2019.

1. I have to enable Legacy setting in BIOS

Hi,

My laptop was reformating when it got interrupted by power outage last year. Since then, whenever I turn it on, I have to manually enable Legacy by pressing ESC then F10 which is really a lot of work. Is there anyway I can fix this?

[Original Title: Legacy]

:)

techdummy7, Aug 22, 2019
  2. dac81048 Win User

Problem Regarding Bios Change from UEFI to Legacy

I have hp pavilion p045tx with windows 10 pro. I recently install Ubuntu with windows 10 so for that I convert my bios setting from UEFI to Legacy mode for install third party software like wireless Driver and all in Ubuntu.
    But after every restart the bios setting change to default and that is to UEFI mode and that will cause an problem of no OS detect. Every time I have to go to bios setting and enable the legacy mode to start my OS. Can anyone suggest me what to do in this
    case.

dac81048, Aug 22, 2019
  3. slance310 Win User
    Difficulty setting BIOS to boot in Legacy mode

Hi,

I read that from your previous link...

That's why I was thinking that a wiped HDD might give a different outcome with the BIOS...

Same reason to try doing a Clean Install with a Flash Drive specifically for Legacy Bios... To see if the Legacy\ Secure Boot issue can be forced to change...

Be sure to have all other HDDs and iOmega stuff unhooked...

I am trying to force something to work on my machine by using a UEFI Flash, as opposed to the Legacy Flash I suggested you try...

I'm trying to boot off of a PCIe based SSD, and my Bios is not recognizing it in Legacy... Not even showing in Bios at all, even though it works fine for Data storage...

slance310, Aug 22, 2019
  4. I have to enable Legacy setting in BIOS

Difficulty setting BIOS to boot in Legacy mode

I tried all that is suggested by HP but it makes no difference, the Legacy mode simply refuses to stay put. I always ensure that the settings are confirmed before exiting the Setup but that's just it ... the machine always goes back to Secure Mode. Annoyingly,
    prior to the iOmega software being installed and the consequential failure to boot, I could set the PC to boot into Legacy mode with no problem if I chose to.

Watchman-34, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

I have to enable Legacy setting in BIOS

1. I have to enable Legacy setting in BIOS - Similar Threads - enable Legacy setting

2. Why is my BIOS stuck in legacy mode when i TPM enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my BIOS stuck in legacy mode when i TPM enabled: I am trying to play a game using TPM 2.0 however my pc is stuck in legacy mode even though the pc has TPM 2.0 enabled and can be seen within the system information and are unsure on how to put the bios into UEFI mode or get the pc to recognise that the pc is in UEFI mode....
  3. Why is my BIOS stuck in legacy mode when i TPM enabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my BIOS stuck in legacy mode when i TPM enabled: I am trying to play a game using TPM 2.0 however my pc is stuck in legacy mode even though the pc has TPM 2.0 enabled and can be seen within the system information and are unsure on how to put the bios into UEFI mode or get the pc to recognise that the pc is in UEFI mode....
  4. I changed my BIOS settings to allow for UEFI but my PC still says I have Legacy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed my BIOS settings to allow for UEFI but my PC still says I have Legacy: im trying to upgrade to windows 11 but the PC health check says i need UEFI and to check whether or not my PC supports UEFI. i checked my BIOS settings and i changed it to UEFI. when i press Window button+R and enter "msinfo32" it still says "legacy"....
  5. I changed my BIOS settings to allow for UEFI but my PC still says I have Legacy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I changed my BIOS settings to allow for UEFI but my PC still says I have Legacy: im trying to upgrade to windows 11 but the PC health check says i need UEFI and to check whether or not my PC supports UEFI. i checked my BIOS settings and i changed it to UEFI. when i press Window button+R and enter "msinfo32" it still says "legacy"....
  6. legacy bios

in Windows 10 Customization
    legacy bios: how to enable vt in legacy bios. help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/legacy-bios/23898b08-4c8c-460c-a565-94ef79831238
  7. What if I checked MSINFO and the BIOS was set to Legacy?

What if I checked MSINFO and the BIOS was set to Legacy?: I want the BIOS to be set to UEFI, not Legacy. And when I go to settings, recovery, restart, it doesn't show the UEFI options. So I can't enable it. Can someone help me?...
  8. Legacy BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Legacy BIOS: Hello, I do not have UEFI only the legacy BIOS. See attach. Then how to access my BIOS? Thank you 152614
  9. Will I have to reinstall Windows 10 if I enable Legacy Boot Mode in my laptop's BIOS?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Will I have to reinstall Windows 10 if I enable Legacy Boot Mode in my laptop's BIOS?: So I want to enable Legacy Boot Mode to do something, but I don't know if enabling Legacy Boot Mode instead of UEFI will do anything to my current installation of Windows 10? Will it be fine? Or will I have to reinstall the OS? Thanks in advance....
  10. Changing from Legacy Bios to UEFI, settings in bios and Windows 10

Changing from Legacy Bios to UEFI, settings in bios and Windows 10: I used the Windows converting program MBR2GPT.exe to convert my SSD to GPT and it reported it had done it. I then rebooted and entered the bios and changed one setting from Legacy ROM to EFI Compatible ROM and another setting called 'UEFI Boot' from Disabled to Enabled and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does pavilion h8-1050 have secure boot setting in bios

2. h81050 ssd installation

3. enable legacy option rom not available