Windows 10: I have to enter password to email again and again

Discus and support I have to enter password to email again and again in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Windows 10 Mail demands that I enter the password every time I try to enter. I get the message “fix your account”. I think this problem appeared after... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by NoelLatham, Nov 3, 2020.

1. I have to enter password to email again and again

Windows 10 Mail demands that I enter the password every time I try to enter. I get the message “fix your account”. I think this problem appeared after the Windows 10 update.

:)

NoelLatham, Nov 3, 2020
  2. 7.62 Win User

Email clients not remembering passwords

Hi all

A friends computer will not remember his gmail password. He used to use outlook, and seeing that I use thunderbird and it would be easier to troubleshoot I installed that for him. Now that was working for a few weeks, and now the same problem is occuring.

We are 100% sure the password is correct, as we can access the email account through webmail, but the local clients will not remember the correct password. Of course the 'Remember password' button is checked, but still no good.

It returns with incorrect password.

Any suggestions?

7.62, Nov 3, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Getting prompts to enter password in Windows Mail app

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to help you further:

• May I know who the Email Service provider is?
    • Are you able to login to the email account through your favorite web-browser?
    • What happens when you enter password?

In the meantime, please follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Reconfiguring the account

I suggest you to remove the account from the Windows 10 mail app and configure it again. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Windows Mail app by searching it from the
      Start menu.
    2. At the bottom of the left navigation pane, click on
      Settings (Gear icon).
    3. Select Manage accounts.
    4. Click on the account and select Delete account from this device.
    5. On the confirmation page, select Delete.
    6. After deleting the account follow the steps from the article

Set up email in the Mail app for Windows 10
      to add the email account.

Method 2: Resetting password

You can try resetting the password for the email account and check if that helps. To reset the password login to the website of the email provider in any browser and change the password.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 3, 2020
  4. I have to enter password to email again and again

Hacker Keeps resetting my Live email password.

I think he is trying hard to get to my Steam account again. Like I added in my first post I had a password reset for steam email.

And last time he did it I had several password reset emails in my live before (I suppose) he got it to work.

Now I don't even feel like my gmail is safe. I have it set up for Phone SMS and 2 step verification. Although I think he is having a hard time with my gmail.

HOW IS HE DOING IT!

AphexDreamer, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

I have to enter password to email again and again

1. I have to enter password to email again and again - Similar Threads - enter password email

2. Stop having to sign in again and again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop having to sign in again and again: I have tried to stop having to sign in all the time when working on Computer - I tried netplwiz and everything else, help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-having-to-sign-in-again-and-again/65ffb0f5-40f5-4f61-a7fa-3a18777a5a24
  3. Stop having to sign in again and again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop having to sign in again and again: I have tried to stop having to sign in all the time when working on Computer - I tried netplwiz and everything else, help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-having-to-sign-in-again-and-again/65ffb0f5-40f5-4f61-a7fa-3a18777a5a24
  4. how do i get the enter password option to show up again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i get the enter password option to show up again?: I was trying to turn on safe boot, but i think i did the wrong thing. When i did ctrl r and then did misconfug then went to the boot tab, i clicked one of the safe boot options, when i was trying to turn on secure boot. I cannot log in now because the enter password option...
  5. how do i get the enter password option to show up again?

how do i get the enter password option to show up again?: I was trying to turn on safe boot, but i think i did the wrong thing. When i did ctrl r and then did misconfug then went to the boot tab, i clicked one of the safe boot options, when i was trying to turn on secure boot. I cannot log in now because the enter password option...
  6. Bitlocker Drive locks every time I boot so have to enter the key again and again...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Drive locks every time I boot so have to enter the key again and again...: I was prompted with a screen during startup which asked to input Bitlocker key to continue.I managed to find the Bitlocker key and it started the computer and I thought that the issue has been resolved, but every time I boot my system, I am prompted with the same screen and I...
  7. Bitlocker Drive locks every time I boot so have to enter the key again and again...

Bitlocker Drive locks every time I boot so have to enter the key again and again...: I was prompted with a screen during startup which asked to input Bitlocker key to continue.I managed to find the Bitlocker key and it started the computer and I thought that the issue has been resolved, but every time I boot my system, I am prompted with the same screen and I...
  8. BSOD again and again and again :-

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD again and again and again :-: Hi everyone,I am facing a very irritating problem within Windows 10 Home Single Language v. 21H1, build 19043.1023 where your help/expertise would be much appreciated.About 6 months ago I bought here in Brazil a laptop Dell Inspiron 15, model 3583 Intel Core i7-8565U CPU...
  9. Upgrading to windows 10 again will cause me to enter a password before entering the pc ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading to windows 10 again will cause me to enter a password before entering the pc ?: Hi , so i was having windows 10 before with a password sign up at the start but then i dis-upgrade it , and today i want to upgrade again to windows 10 for life ! , but the problem that making me worry is that if i re-upgrade to windows 10 i will end up with sign-in account...
  10. Lost password -- again

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lost password -- again: April 12/2020: Discovered that my password no longer worked to sign in to my computer probably after another Microsoft Windows 10 update. Please fix this recurring problem. It's annoying....