Windows 10: I have to keep entering my passwords even when I check "remember this computer" or when I...

Discus and support I have to keep entering my passwords even when I check "remember this computer" or when I... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using Microsoft Edge with Windows 10 and I want to stay logged in to my Att email account or Online Banking. My computer doesn't recognize the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Camaro_246, Sep 4, 2019.

1. I have to keep entering my passwords even when I check "remember this computer" or when I...

I am using Microsoft Edge with Windows 10 and I want to stay logged in to my Att email account or Online Banking. My computer doesn't recognize the commands "please keep me logged in for two weeks" for email or "remember this computer" for online banking. Please help!

:)

Camaro_246, Sep 4, 2019
  2. 7.62 Win User

Email clients not remembering passwords

Hi all

A friends computer will not remember his gmail password. He used to use outlook, and seeing that I use thunderbird and it would be easier to troubleshoot I installed that for him. Now that was working for a few weeks, and now the same problem is occuring.

We are 100% sure the password is correct, as we can access the email account through webmail, but the local clients will not remember the correct password. Of course the 'Remember password' button is checked, but still no good.

It returns with incorrect password.

Any suggestions?

7.62, Sep 4, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Entering Password to login to computer after turning it on. Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

• Open settings

• Click on Users and account

• Open Sign-in options and tap the
      Change button under Password.

• Enter the current password and click Next.

• There you can remove the pin password

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Sep 4, 2019
  4. I have to keep entering my passwords even when I check "remember this computer" or when I...

Keyboard issue when entering password after exiting screen saver

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in keyboard settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • Is the issue occurring while booting to the computer?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to check if you are able to enter the password using On-Screen keyboard and also run hardware troubleshooter to check for any change in hardware settings.

Step 1: I recommend you to try to use the On-Screen Keyboard to enter the computer.

1. At the login page.

2. Click on Ease of Access icon which is present on the bottom right corner of the screen.

3. Then select On-Screen Keyboard from the list.

4. Click on Password box and enter the password into it through On-Screen Keyboard.

Step 2: I suggest you to perform the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on
    Troubleshooting.

3. Click on View All on the left panel of the screen.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Click on Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using keyboard at the login page, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

I have to keep entering my passwords even when I check "remember this computer" or when I...

1. I have to keep entering my passwords even when I check "remember this computer" or when I... - Similar Threads - keep entering passwords

2. When I enter my password it loops with welcome

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    When I enter my password it loops with welcome: When I enter the pin it few dots move in a circle and it says "Welcome" next to it... I have tried restarting and I don't have access to this email id so winRE is a no... Have very important files on this pc...
  3. When I enter my password it loops with welcome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I enter my password it loops with welcome: When I enter the pin it few dots move in a circle and it says "Welcome" next to it... I have tried restarting and I don't have access to this email id so winRE is a no... Have very important files on this pc...
  4. Computer returns "Incorrect password" when I enter my hotmail password

Computer returns "Incorrect password" when I enter my hotmail password: Hi, I'm not very knowledgeable with computers I know as much as the next guy, I just can't do stuff like command prompt so I came here to get some help with a problem I'm facing. I got locked out of my PC when rebooting in safe mode to try fixing an out-of-bounds error I...
  5. Computer returns "Incorrect password" when I enter my hotmail password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer returns "Incorrect password" when I enter my hotmail password: Hi, I'm not very knowledgeable with computers I know as much as the next guy, I just can't do stuff like command prompt so I came here to get some help with a problem I'm facing. I got locked out of my PC when rebooting in safe mode to try fixing an out-of-bounds error I...
  6. Computer returns "Incorrect password" when I enter my hotmail password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Computer password returns "Incorrect password" when I enter my hotmail password

Computer password returns "Incorrect password" when I enter my hotmail password: Hi, I'm not very knowledgeable with computers I know as much as the next guy, I just can't do stuff like command prompt so I came here to get some help with a problem I'm facing. I got locked out of my PC when rebooting in safe mode to try fixing an out-of-bounds error I...
  8. incorrect password when i enter it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    incorrect password when i enter it: recently my pc got a blue screen. i changed a setting in control panel, it was something alomg the lines of max processor cores. i have an 8 core ryzen 5 2600x cpu, but i chose 16 because i was informed the setting also counted cpu threads. i made a system restore point...
  9. how to i not have to enter pin or password when turn computer on

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to i not have to enter pin or password when turn computer on: how to i not have to enter pin or password when turn computer on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-i-not-have-to-enter-pin-or-password-when/89037f07-cd48-492b-8de3-940f13668a55"
  10. I keep having to retype my password, it's not remembering my credentials.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I keep having to retype my password, it's not remembering my credentials.: I'm trying to use Outlook on my PC and I have to keep adding my password. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/i-keep-having-to-retype-my-password-its-not/dffff151-f1f0-4da9-b983-1bce54f752aa