Windows 10: I have to many partitions and I don't know why

Discus and support I have to many partitions and I don't know why in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I was cleaning some space today and while checking my partitions I found out I've got way to many and don't know why. Which one would it be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Iezii, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Iezii Win User

I have to many partitions and I don't know why

Hello,

I was cleaning some space today and while checking my partitions I found out I've got way to many and don't know why.

Which one would it be safe to delete? Or what can I do to remove some of them? It looks very unpleasant and messy.

I have to many partitions and I don't know why 20fb7f12-99cf-48d4-8742-a9d2996beb9b?upload=true.png

:)

Iezii, Nov 29, 2020

2. AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz Quad Core Overclocking possibility

Thanks, have heard this before...is their a step by step procedure to OC using the bios settings you suggest.
    i don’t intend pushing this to its limit...but some increase would be great, any suggestions on a good air cooler ?

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Nov 29, 2020
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Nov 29, 2020
  4. JDivineŠ Win User

stuff that don`t work

I also tryed safe mode, it still didn`t work on it. and Glucofacts Deluxe STILL does not work, so... you say that you don`t know how it started working on win 10 for you?

JDivineŠ, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

1. I have to many partitions and I don't know why - Similar Threads - many partitions don't

2. I have many blue screens, I don't know what to do anymore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have many blue screens, I don't know what to do anymore.: I have bluescreens in random moments of the day, I'm just playing and boom, BLUESCREEN, and the name of error, always change. I dont know how to fix this.Stop code: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLEDanother code: ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORYand others that I can't remember.I...
  3. I have many blue screens, I don't know what to do anymore.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have many blue screens, I don't know what to do anymore.: I have bluescreens in random moments of the day, I'm just playing and boom, BLUESCREEN, and the name of error, always change. I dont know how to fix this.Stop code: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLEDanother code: ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORYand others that I can't remember.I...
  4. BOSD and I don't know why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BOSD and I don't know why: Good morning, afternoon, night, whatever the time is for anyone!I've been having this issue with my computer where, whenever I'm playing specific games such as valorant I just crash from the game with no error and/or blue screen. I've tried most of the options I could think...
  5. BOSD and I don't know why

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BOSD and I don't know why: Good morning, afternoon, night, whatever the time is for anyone!I've been having this issue with my computer where, whenever I'm playing specific games such as valorant I just crash from the game with no error and/or blue screen. I've tried most of the options I could think...
  6. Why I have many recovery partitions? Can I delete some of them?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why I have many recovery partitions? Can I delete some of them?: I check the hard drive partitions in Disk Management and see 5 recovery partitions. I check in PowerShell and it says I'm using partition 4. Can I delete the rest of the recovery partitions?...
  7. I have a virus but I don't know if this will work.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have a virus but I don't know if this will work.: My cpu is overheating and I guess there is a virus making my cpu overheat. Kaspersky and defender couldn't find anything. I am planning to reset my computer and reinstall the Windows. I want to keep my files but if I keep them, will virus stay? submitted by /u/Second_Rogoue...
  8. I don't have that many TV's and I don't connect to them.. why are they here?

I don't have that many TV's and I don't connect to them.. why are they here?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Phyreksia [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/knvxg2/i_dont_have_that_many_tvs_and_i_dont_connect_to/
  9. Bluescreen, and i don't know why

Bluescreen, and i don't know why: Hello, I'm reaching out to know what was the cause of my Bluescreen, i don't really know where i can find the right answers, i Copy / Paste to you the Log report. (Btw i'm french so the log will be in french, sorry) -------------------------------------------------------...
  10. Help! I have too many partitions and I dont know which ones I need

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help! I have too many partitions and I dont know which ones I need: I have only one HDD in my laptop, and it has far too many partitions. There are a few I recognise, such as C: and two more wich were made when I dual booted Chrome OS. Now I am trying to triple boot Linux Ubuntu as well, but when faced with the option of which partition to...