Windows 10: I have to monitors. One is connected as a DVI the other as a vga. I have purchased a y...

Discus and support I have to monitors. One is connected as a DVI the other as a vga. I have purchased a y... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have to monitors. One is connected as a DVI the other as a vga. I have purchased a y cable splitter to allow me to connect both as dvi. Its not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by woodlandconsulting, Dec 5, 2020.

1. I have to monitors. One is connected as a DVI the other as a vga. I have purchased a y...

I have to monitors. One is connected as a DVI the other as a vga. I have purchased a y cable splitter to allow me to connect both as dvi. Its not working. Help!

:)

woodlandconsulting, Dec 5, 2020

2. DVI to VGA Cord

I have tried to hook up a second monitor through the DVI with a DVI to VGA monitor but it won't recognize the monitor. Any suggestions?

DavidFoucault, Dec 5, 2020
  3. ACD0236 Win User
    Continuum with VGA/DVI-D only monitor

Hello there,

I am planning to try out Continuum with a Lumia 950XL. The monitor I should connect it to has only VGA and DVI-D input connectors, and it supports a 1920 x 1200 resolution on a 24" panel with 16:10 aspect ratio.

• Would it be possible to get a stable, reliable and functional connection between the Lumia and such monitor?
    • The resolution and aspect ratio of the external monitor would be correctly interpreted by the Lumia or would I face problems in image size, resolution or aspect ratio of the contect that I see on screen?

My idea is to buy the Display Dock, connect the phone on one end and an HDMI to DVI-D cable on the other end.

How does it sound?

Thank you very much.

ACD0236, Dec 5, 2020
  4. martinjq Win User

I have to monitors. One is connected as a DVI the other as a vga. I have purchased a y...

a vga monitor

hi

I purchased a better graphics card for one of my pc. s regretfully I sold it on. this was a gtx 980.

now the new gtx 1070 will not recognise my vga monitor.

I have tried running it through various adapters . i.e vga to dvi and hdmi to vga. hdmi to dvi. all no good.

if I connect to the onboard graphics its ok. luckily I have other pc to connect to and the hdmi works fine on them.

but not the vga monitor.

win 10 does not detect the monitor at all through the new card .

tried to run it as a second monitor. win10 does not detect it.

please help its driving me insane.!!!

should I roll back drivers for the gtx 1060 ?

not selling the monitor as its a great 28" viewsonic

regards

m

martinjq, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

I have to monitors. One is connected as a DVI the other as a vga. I have purchased a y...

1. I have to monitors. One is connected as a DVI the other as a vga. I have purchased a y... - Similar Threads - monitors connected DVI

2. I have three monitors connected to my PC, how to switch between two of them and the other one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have three monitors connected to my PC, how to switch between two of them and the other one: I had two monitors and the dual monitor worked well until I got a new monitor. So now I have three monitors in total, two of them are 27-inch which I use in my daily work, and the third one is a 48-inch OLED monitor which I use to play video games and watch movies. I want to...
  3. I have three monitors connected to my PC, how to switch between two of them and the other one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have three monitors connected to my PC, how to switch between two of them and the other one: I had two monitors and the dual monitor worked well until I got a new monitor. So now I have three monitors in total, two of them are 27-inch which I use in my daily work, and the third one is a 48-inch OLED monitor which I use to play video games and watch movies. I want to...
  4. My connection to the monitor is not working. I have new cables and a new monitor. I have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My connection to the monitor is not working. I have new cables and a new monitor. I have...: My connection to the monitor is not working. I have new cables and a new monitor. I have switched cables in the ports and it is the port that doesn't seem to connect...
  5. My connection to the monitor is not working. I have new cables and a new monitor. I have...

My connection to the monitor is not working. I have new cables and a new monitor. I have...: My connection to the monitor is not working. I have new cables and a new monitor. I have switched cables in the ports and it is the port that doesn't seem to connect...
  6. My connection to the monitor is not working. I have new cables and a new monitor. I have...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. windows thinks i have two monitors when i only have one

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows thinks i have two monitors when i only have one: subject says it all, got a new PC and its all hooked up but it thinks that i have a second monitor when i only have one, how do i get rid of this nonexistent second monitor...
  8. windows thinks i have two monitors when i only have one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows thinks i have two monitors when i only have one: subject says it all, got a new PC and its all hooked up but it thinks that i have a second monitor when i only have one, how do i get rid of this nonexistent second monitor...
  9. windows thinks i have two monitors when i only have one

10. use of VGA to DVI adapter

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    use of VGA to DVI adapter: Hi, My graphics card (Radeon 9800XT) has both a VGA and a DVI connector. I have a VGA to DVI adapter that I could use to connect the VGA connector from my monitor to the DVI port of the card. Is there any advantage to my doing that, as opposed to connecting the monitor to the...