Windows 10: I have to open boot manager (f12) and select my SSD or my PC will not boot

Discus and support I have to open boot manager (f12) and select my SSD or my PC will not boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This morning I woke up to my PC on the blue screen with the startup repair options. I tried various things to get my PC to boot but it would always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MrNormalNinja, Apr 29, 2019.

1. I have to open boot manager (f12) and select my SSD or my PC will not boot

This morning I woke up to my PC on the blue screen with the startup repair options. I tried various things to get my PC to boot but it would always boot to this screen. Eventually I discovered that if I went into the boot manager on startup by pressing f12 and selecting the SSD that I have windows installed on, it boots up just fine. My issue is that I have to do this every time I start my computer or else it goes to the same blue screen with the repair options. I have a secondary data hard drive which also shows up in the boot options when I press f12 on startup. What can I do to fix this?

:)

MrNormalNinja, Apr 29, 2019

2. reboot and select property boot device

You need to set your main Harddrive which has your Operating System on as the first harddrive to boot, if have more than one harddrive.

open Bios
    boot priority
    Select the OS harddrive as first boot drive , If not sure switch between them
    Set correct time and date if wrong
    Save and reboot

If not sure on steps , give the Make and model number of motherboard and can assist you.

Hopefully no damage to the HDD

SnakeDoctor, Apr 29, 2019
  3. Win 10 wont boot until "Windows boot manager" manually selected in boot menu.

My computer won't boot until I manually select "windows boot manager" in the boot menu in the bios. I used to have to select my SSD to boot windows but now it wants to use "windows launcher" which I haven't seen in a computer's bios as options to boot
    off before.

Is there anyway I can fix this so I don't have to manually select? (It is already first in boot order.)

Motherboard is Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H

Drive is OCZ vertex 4 256 GB SSD

No physical changes have been made to this computer, but it did recently do a few windows updates.

Update: After disabling every boot option other then windows launcher it still doesn't boot straight to windows but if I hit any key on the keyboard it will boot. Before disabling I had to hit F12 only then it would be able to boot.

MitchellHayes, Apr 29, 2019
  4. I have to open boot manager (f12) and select my SSD or my PC will not boot

Boot Emergency!

No it doesnt show. Only my OS drive.

Its there and it says it running and normal.

Anyway I just had the same boot problem on reboot. Everything was fine 10 minutes ago. Now it wont boot without my manually selecting the drive.

TheMailMan78, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

I have to open boot manager (f12) and select my SSD or my PC will not boot

1. I have to open boot manager (f12) and select my SSD or my PC will not boot - Similar Threads - open boot manager

2. My pc boots into windows boot manager instead of my SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc boots into windows boot manager instead of my SSD: Ive had this issue before where my computer is working fine the day before , booting windows off my ssd and not having a single problem. To me turning it on the next day and only booting to windows boot manager. I go look in the bios and my ssd boot drive is no where to be...
  3. My pc boots into windows boot manager instead of my SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc boots into windows boot manager instead of my SSD: Ive had this issue before where my computer is working fine the day before , booting windows off my ssd and not having a single problem. To me turning it on the next day and only booting to windows boot manager. I go look in the bios and my ssd boot drive is no where to be...
  4. My pc boots into windows boot manager instead of my SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My PC won't boot to windows correctly if I have my SSD plugged in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC won't boot to windows correctly if I have my SSD plugged in.: My PC won't boot to windows correctly if I have my SSD plugged in.PC Specs:Ryzen 5 2600MSI B450-A Pro16gb DDR4RX 480 8gbSSD - Samsung 860 Evo Windows 11 NTFS, GPT config It started off when I had an unallocated partition on my Boot SSD. I tried merging it with the main...
  6. My PC won't boot to windows correctly if I have my SSD plugged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC won't boot to windows correctly if I have my SSD plugged in.: My PC won't boot to windows correctly if I have my SSD plugged in.PC Specs:Ryzen 5 2600MSI B450-A Pro16gb DDR4RX 480 8gbSSD - Samsung 860 Evo Windows 11 NTFS, GPT config It started off when I had an unallocated partition on my Boot SSD. I tried merging it with the main...
  7. My PC stopped booting to C: drive and now boots to Boot Manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My PC stopped booting to C: drive and now boots to Boot Manager: This morning i woke up and turned on my computer to start on my schoolwork and realized that my PC didnt boot properly. Instead of booting from my normal C: drive, my PC booted to Windows Boot Manager. I can access all the data from my C: drive but when the PC starts up now...
  8. No CMOS Setup with F2 no boot select with F12

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No CMOS Setup with F2 no boot select with F12: Hello first thank you, this is an odd problem, with no real place to be put. I have chosen BSOD because, I think it will have the best chance for success. I have a GT70 2PE(Dominator Pro Dragon)-1885US, MSI I7 Gaming Laptop with a GTX880 Using a dual boot with Linux I...
  9. My problem is Bios, F12 and boot disc

in Windows 10 Support
    My problem is Bios, F12 and boot disc: Hello my Tohru am new to window 10, I am having a problem get my back up. I have Norton Ghost that is my boot Disc. I can't get it to work. Here are my issue Bios: Security Tab no up or down arrow to move in that bios. F12 no boot menu to boot to cd/dvd. Bootable disk is OEM...
  10. Window Boot Manager Issue - Will not boot without selecting F12

in Windows 10 Support
    Window Boot Manager Issue - Will not boot without selecting F12: Greetings y'all! My title is my BLUF (bottom-line up front). If this belongs in a different sub-section of the forum, sorry in advance. I just did a clean install of 10 Pro from a UEFI formatted thumb drive, using RUFUS - did that because I upgraded to a PNY CS2211...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wwindows boot manager vs manually selecting ssd disk

2. pc bios boot wont save have to use f12 at startup