Windows 10: I have to readd my printer/scanner to use it after every shutdown "No scanners were detected."

Discus and support I have to readd my printer/scanner to use it after every shutdown "No scanners were detected." in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently did a clean reset on my pc and I added my Canon MG7770 printer. Tested and everything worked fine. The following day I needed to scan... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pinsir929, Oct 21, 2018.

1. pinsir929 Win User

I have to readd my printer/scanner to use it after every shutdown "No scanners were detected."

I recently did a clean reset on my pc and I added my Canon MG7770 printer. Tested and everything worked fine. The following day I needed to scan something so I put the document in and press the "New Scan" in the "Windows Fax and Scan" application. Now for some stupid reason my scanner which is clearly seen in my devices and printers menu isn't detected I just see this bloody "no scanners were detected. I tried readding my printer and that works until I have to shutdown the PC again. I have installed the lastest possible driver for printer as well. I did a clean reset to fix problems on my pc to bloody add to them. I have my printer plugged via Ethernet cable.

:)

pinsir929, Oct 21, 2018

2. Scanner

Hi JSmith,

Your scanner should be installed first in order for your computer to recognize it. Since you're using a printer/scanner in one, you need to add or install the device as a printer and as a scanner. Make sure that the printer is properly connected to your
    computer and is turned on when you try to install it. Follow these steps:

• Click Start > Settings > Devices.
    • Under Add printers & scanners, click the + sign and select
      Add device.

Once added, try checking if you're able to scan. If your computer still doesn't detect the scanner, then we suggest that you get in touch with HP Support for further assistance.

Feel free to let us know if you need more information.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 21, 2018
  3. Windows 10 recognizes my printer+scanner only as a printer.

Hello,

Another method you may try is to uninstall and reinstall the printer. The following are the steps:

Remove your printer

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners.
    • Under Printers & scanners, find the printer, select it, and then select Remove device.

Install or add a local printer

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners.
    • Under Printers & Scanners, see if your printer is installed.
    • If you don’t see your device, select Add a printer or scanner. Wait for it to find available printers, choose the one you want, and then select Add device.

On the other hand, we suggest also that you reach out the manufacturer of your printer/scanner for the driver availability or work around.

Regards.

JohnMel And, Oct 21, 2018
  4. I have to readd my printer/scanner to use it after every shutdown "No scanners were detected."

No scanners were detected

I tried using my Windows Fax and Scan like I usually do. I get this error:

No scanners were detected. If a scanner is installed, make sure that it is powered on and connected to the computer and then try again. For information about adding or troubleshooting scanners, see Help and Support.

I searched on Windows website and found this:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + X”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.
    • Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.
    • Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2: Un-install and re-install latest scanner drivers from the manufacturer’s website and see if that helps:

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + X” from the keyboard.
    • Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.
    • Right click on the scanner drivers and select “Uninstall”.
    • Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.

This was not helpful.

RandallGove, Oct 21, 2018
Thema:

I have to readd my printer/scanner to use it after every shutdown "No scanners were detected."

1. I have to readd my printer/scanner to use it after every shutdown "No scanners were detected." - Similar Threads - readd printer scanner

2. My printer/scanner icon does not show in Printers and Scanners.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My printer/scanner icon does not show in Printers and Scanners.: My printer/scanner operates fine in multiple apps, shows in Device Manager, but the icon does not show in Printers and Scanners. I have the updated printer drivers, I have restarted the computer, etc. still no icon. I am running Windows Home 11. The icon was visible in...
  3. My printer/scanner icon does not show in Printers and Scanners.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My printer/scanner icon does not show in Printers and Scanners.: My printer/scanner operates fine in multiple apps, shows in Device Manager, but the icon does not show in Printers and Scanners. I have the updated printer drivers, I have restarted the computer, etc. still no icon. I am running Windows Home 11. The icon was visible in...
  4. Laptop detects scanner but not printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop detects scanner but not printer: I have an old Canon MP250 multifunction printer/scanner. I haven't used it in ages.... I wanted to scan something so I plugged it in and connected it up to my laptop running Windows 10 via USB, and had no issues - I used Windows Fax/Scan to scan a document. But when I wanted...
  5. Laptop detects scanner but not printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop detects scanner but not printer: I have an old Canon MP250 multifunction printer/scanner. I haven't used it in ages.... I wanted to scan something so I plugged it in and connected it up to my laptop running Windows 10 via USB, and had no issues - I used Windows Fax/Scan to scan a document. But when I wanted...
  6. Laptop detects scanner but not printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. No scanners were detected error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    No scanners were detected error on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Some PC users have reported that when they were trying to scan files or documents with the Windows Fax and Scan applet on their Windows 10 device, they received the error message No scanners were detected. This post offers the most suitable solutions you can try to...
  8. "no scanners were detected"

"no scanners were detected": After installing the latest (10/18) windows 10 update I get a no scanners detected message when trying to scan docs. Printer works fine to print, but I can't get computer to recognize it as a scanner. Scanning worked before update, but not now. I guess I will be told to...
  9. printer and scanner

printer and scanner: my scanner not show on destop so I can not scan any documents. Kindly help me. thanks Hariom https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printer-and-scanner/40e6688e-ebb6-40e7-96e0-b371dbcb9733
  10. scanner and printer

scanner and printer: build 10049; i'm able to print but when i scan i get this error message ; i change location but i get the same error; can some one help, sure appreciated [img] 5355

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i keep having to readd my printer

2. bluetooth printer remove and readd every restart

3. readd my printer