Windows 10: I have to refresh folder to see changed/new files/folders

Discus and support I have to refresh folder to see changed/new files/folders in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; For example, if I use File Explorer and create a folder in the C:\ directory, i wont be able to see it or edit the name without clicking f5 or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Firecatmon, Jul 1, 2019.

1. I have to refresh folder to see changed/new files/folders

For example, if I use File Explorer and create a folder in the C:\ directory, i wont be able to see it or edit the name without clicking f5 or refreshing the directory. This becomes annoying as if if i extract a file/folder or rename a folder, I wont see the change without refreshing.

This didn't used to be a problem, I remember recently changing registry keys about the right click context menus but i did not create a backup.

:)

Firecatmon, Jul 1, 2019

2. Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Jul 1, 2019
  3. why my folder slow refresh?

later i just realize that my folder refresh pretty slow
    if i move any data the old like still in the folder until i press F5

I have to refresh folder to see changed/new files/folders freezing-jpg.jpg

the marked files has moved to other folder but the files like it still there until i refresh manually or push F5

micropage7, Jul 1, 2019
  4. Frogger Win User

I have to refresh folder to see changed/new files/folders

?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile I have to refresh folder to see changed/new files/folders :)

Frogger, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

I have to refresh folder to see changed/new files/folders

1. I have to refresh folder to see changed/new files/folders - Similar Threads - refresh folder changed

2. I have a folder with multiple folders, I want to see the number of files in each folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have a folder with multiple folders, I want to see the number of files in each folder.: I have a folder with multiple folders, I want to see the number of files in each folder when I use View Details, without having to select each folder or to open them. I have chosen the "File Count" column-option, but nothing comes up in this field....
  3. I have a folder with multiple folders, I want to see the number of files in each folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a folder with multiple folders, I want to see the number of files in each folder.: I have a folder with multiple folders, I want to see the number of files in each folder when I use View Details, without having to select each folder or to open them. I have chosen the "File Count" column-option, but nothing comes up in this field....
  4. I have a folder with multiple folders, I want to see the number of files in each folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to change File explorer default folder view for new folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change File explorer default folder view for new folders: I am a sound designer and I found really annoying that windows always tries to view my sound folders as they would be some music folders. I found that I can change the default view for all the folders from the folder options solution for example here. That works nicely for...
  6. New folders not appearing until I refresh folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New folders not appearing until I refresh folder: Hi. Just setting up a new computer Lenovo T490 i7 with 16gB RAM running Windows 10 Pro. When I cerate a new folder in Explorer it does not appear straight away. But when I leave the folder and return the New Folder is there. This very frustrating for a brand new well...
  7. Win10 Explorer doesn't refresh for new files or new folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Explorer doesn't refresh for new files or new folders: I have w10 1809 up to date, stock install, and my explorer window does not refresh when I download a file or unzip something. How do I correct this? 161885
  8. Folders will not refresh

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders will not refresh: Since upgrading from 1809 to 1903 my folders will no longer automatically refresh. I know this has been a recurring problem all the way back to Windows 7 but the solution for earlier versions no longer holds true. (you know the old registry key...
  9. Have to use Refresh to make folders and files appear on the desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Have to use Refresh to make folders and files appear on the desktop.: Previously, when I created a New Folder on the desktop it showed immediately. Now, suddenly, I have to right click, and go to Refresh so I can see the new New Folder. The same thing happens if I copy a .txt file to the desktop, I have to use refesh to make it show. I...
  10. I have to refresh my desktop every time to see the new added files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have to refresh my desktop every time to see the new added files: I have to refresh my desktop every time to see the new added files. Can I disable the refresh and enable it happing automatically?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i have to refresh for new folder to show

2. network folder having to f5 when creating new files or folders