Windows 10: I have to remove and re-connect the Airpods every time I want to use them on my pc

Discus and support I have to remove and re-connect the Airpods every time I want to use them on my pc in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have recently both a Bluetooth 5.0 usb dongle to connect my Bluetooth device to my pc since it did not have any support for this technology. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by matteomondini, Jun 12, 2020.

1. I have to remove and re-connect the Airpods every time I want to use them on my pc

Hi, I have recently both a Bluetooth 5.0 usb dongle to connect my Bluetooth device to my pc since it did not have any support for this technology. I connected without any problem my Apple Airpods to my pc and till this point I haven't got any problem. The next time I used my pc and I tried to connect the airpods again they weren't able to connect, I even tried to activate the Bluetooth on the Airpods pressing the back button till the white led on the Airpods activated that means that they're visible via bluetooth to new devices but they would not connect. I was finally able to connect them only by removing the device and reconnect it as the first time to my pc, and I have to do this every time I want to use them, this is annoying. Can someone help me?

Stay safe everyone

P.S. Sorry for my bad english ;

:)

matteomondini, Jun 12, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

AirPods paired but won't connect.

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand, Human Interface Devices.
    3. Look for AirPods Audio/Video Remote Control HID and
      AirPods Hands-Free Call Control HID, right click on each entry and select
      Properties.
    4. Go to the Power Management Tab, clear the checkbox for
      Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
    5. Also, repeat step 4 for Bluetooth Low Energy GATT compliant HID.
    6. Click on OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Tmo1992 Win User
    Airpods won't connect to PC (windows 10) anymore

I haven't had any problems connecting to my work laptop ever since i got my Airpods at Christmas. But starting this week they wont stay connected anymore. I can pair them up and see them on my PC, but when i click connect, it goes Connecting, Connected,
    and back to Paired all within 10 seconds, and then stays disconnected. I've removed and refound my Airpods at least 15 times and it still does this. Anybody have any idea why this is happening or what i can do?

Tmo1992, Jun 13, 2020
  4. [Suejin] Win User

I have to remove and re-connect the Airpods every time I want to use them on my pc

Airpods won't connect to PC (windows 10) anymore

Hello Tmo1992,

I'm Jin, a fellow Windows 10 user and an independent advisor. I can see that your Airpods frequently drops its connection with your Windows 10 laptop.

Try the following steps below and check if it will resolve the issue:

1. Press Windows+R and enter devmgmt.msc to open Device Manager.

2. Click the View tab and sort it to Devices by type.

3. Then select Human Interface Devices.

4. Look for the ff:

(Name) AirPods Audio/Video Remote Control HID

(Name) AirPods Hands-Free Call Control HID

5. Right-click on each one and select Properties.

6. Switch to Power Management tab and remove the check mark on "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power."

7. Repeat the same steps for Bluetooth Low Energy GATT complaint HI device.

8. Click OK, then exit.

I hope this helps.

[Suejin], Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

I have to remove and re-connect the Airpods every time I want to use them on my pc

1. I have to remove and re-connect the Airpods every time I want to use them on my pc - Similar Threads - remove connect Airpods

2. Every Time I Open Apps it Wants Me To Reinstall Them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every Time I Open Apps it Wants Me To Reinstall Them: Every time I try to open apps like BlueJ, Anaconda, and more, it asks me to reinstall it every time despite the files already existing on my computer. This has been a persistent issue for a while now, upwards of a few months. There's no error message, it just keeps asking me...
  3. Every Time I Open Apps it Wants Me To Reinstall Them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every Time I Open Apps it Wants Me To Reinstall Them: Every time I try to open apps like BlueJ, Anaconda, and more, it asks me to reinstall it every time despite the files already existing on my computer. This has been a persistent issue for a while now, upwards of a few months. There's no error message, it just keeps asking me...
  4. Every Time I Open Apps it Wants Me To Reinstall Them

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My airpods wont connect to my laptop again until i reset them and remove and re add device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My airpods wont connect to my laptop again until i reset them and remove and re add device: every time i connect my airpods to something else, afterwards my laptop refuses to connect to airpods. They say connected for a second or two but go to paired. they only connect again when i wipe my airpods and re add them onto my laptop. I've done windows updates driver...
  6. My airpods wont connect to my laptop again until i reset them and remove and re add device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My airpods wont connect to my laptop again until i reset them and remove and re add device: every time i connect my airpods to something else, afterwards my laptop refuses to connect to airpods. They say connected for a second or two but go to paired. they only connect again when i wipe my airpods and re add them onto my laptop. I've done windows updates driver...
  7. My airpods wont connect to my laptop again until i reset them and remove and re add device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. I want to fully delete all my apps and files but every time I reset my PC, I still have them

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to fully delete all my apps and files but every time I reset my PC, I still have them: So I want to delete all my files and apps so that I can have a fresh start, but every time I reset my PC I still have all my files and apps. I thought it was OneDrive so I delete my files from the cloud and unlinked my pc from the account and I still somehow will the files...
  9. I have to unplug my power cord every time I want to use my comuter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have to unplug my power cord every time I want to use my comuter: So changed my comuter case and moved my components to it. But I've been having multiple problems since then, and the most annoying one is I have to unplug the power cord, wait a few second then reconnect it. I've made sure every components are installed correctly 3 times and...
  10. my time on task keeps loosing time i have to reset every time i use my pc this is a...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my time on task keeps loosing time i have to reset every time i use my pc this is a...: my pc looses time every day https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-time-on-task-keeps-loosing-time-i-have-to-reset/22b2e9b0-4fa0-4fc4-baf1-bab2421b01a1