Windows 10: I have to replug my headphones in when audio stops for a brief time

Discus and support I have to replug my headphones in when audio stops for a brief time in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Every time I pause my audio on my computer for a brief time whenever I try to play it again my headphones do not play sound and must be replugged in to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/goldenperspective, Mar 4, 2020.

1. I have to replug my headphones in when audio stops for a brief time

Every time I pause my audio on my computer for a brief time whenever I try to play it again my headphones do not play sound and must be replugged in to work. They still show up as the active audio device but just wont play audio until reconnected. I couldn't find a similar issue and was wondering if anyone knew of a fix? It is kinda annoying because I pause my music at work all the time and have to reconnect the headphones every time.

submitted by /u/goldenperspective
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/goldenperspective, Mar 4, 2020
  2. Mala_S Win User

Move audio to one side for speakers but not headphones

Hello J1mmyth3F1sh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Is your headphones getting detected in the Playback settings?
    • Are you trying to play the audio on both Speakers and Headphones at the same time?

Ideally, if you have configured Sound settings to play on your left speakers, the same goes with the headphones. The sound starts playing only on the left side of your headphones according to the settings changed.

Meanwhile, we can try configuring the headphones and change the balance level in the sound settings and see if it works. Kindly check with the steps listed below and see if it helps.

Method : Run audio test for your headphones.

• Open Control Panel from the Start menu and click on
      Sound.
    • In the Sound window, click on your
      Headphones and select Configure option at the bottom left.
    • By running the test, check if both sides of your headphones are working fine.

If that doesn’t help, I would suggest you to check with the audio balance by following the steps listed below:

• Open Sound settings from
      Control Panel,
      and right click on the Headphones to open its
      Properties.
    • Click on Levels tab and select
      Balance
      button. In the Balance window, you can use the slider to balance both left and right headphones equally.

However, I commend and appreciate you for recognizing this behavior. This is a valuable suggestion as there may be other users with a similar requirement. Hence, I suggest you to leave a
    Feedback for this product so
    that our developer team can look into this and check if it can be implemented in the future updates.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Mar 4, 2020
  3. [WTB][EU]   Beginner audiophile headphones

i would also recommend looking at the Audio Technica m50s if this is your first step into audiophile headphones.

most of the cans you listed will also need an amp to push them.

THRiLL KiLL, Mar 4, 2020
  4. I have to replug my headphones in when audio stops for a brief time

Headphones not working and Realtek HD Audio Manager

Hello,

Thank you for updating us on the above issue.

Please reply:

• Did you check if your headphones work on other device?
    • Did you check if your headphone drivers are detected under Device manager?

I suggest you to check if similar issue persists on connecting the same headphones to another computer. If the issue does not persists, I suggest you to check if the headphone drivers are detected under Device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard select
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs option and check if the headphone drivers are visible in the window.
    • Right-click on the headphone driver and select Update this software
      option.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.
    • Close the window after the update is complete and check if the changes are effective.

If the headphone drivers are not visible, I suggest you to download and install the latest and most compatible driver software from the device manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the status of the above issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

I have to replug my headphones in when audio stops for a brief time

1. I have to replug my headphones in when audio stops for a brief time - Similar Threads - replug headphones audio

2. Audio occasionally makes a brief buzzing sound, as if my headphones were just being plugged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio occasionally makes a brief buzzing sound, as if my headphones were just being plugged in.: This can happen when I for example play a video or any sound after one hasn't been played for a bit. When I play the video/sound, it makes a little click and little buzz for about half of a second then plays the audio just fine. What's happening?...
  3. Audio occasionally makes a brief buzzing sound, as if my headphones were just being plugged in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio occasionally makes a brief buzzing sound, as if my headphones were just being plugged in.: This can happen when I for example play a video or any sound after one hasn't been played for a bit. When I play the video/sound, it makes a little click and little buzz for about half of a second then plays the audio just fine. What's happening?...
  4. My mouse stops working if I unplug and replug it

My mouse stops working if I unplug and replug it: So this is kind of a wierd situation where I have a dell monitor that has USB ports on it so when I close the monitor the devices connected will disconnect until I reopen it. And there is an issue where I have a Corsair wireless mouse that when my computer starts with it...
  5. My mouse stops working if I unplug and replug it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse stops working if I unplug and replug it: So this is kind of a wierd situation where I have a dell monitor that has USB ports on it so when I close the monitor the devices connected will disconnect until I reopen it. And there is an issue where I have a Corsair wireless mouse that when my computer starts with it...
  6. headphone stopped working when I replugged it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headphone stopped working when I replugged it.: The headphone icon in the manage audio device didn't show up again after I replugged the headphone.It only works when I restart the system, and the headphone icon showed up in the taskbar, but when I plugged it out and replugged it again it stops showing up and stop working.I...
  7. headphone stopped working when I replugged it.

headphone stopped working when I replugged it.: The headphone icon in the manage audio device didn't show up again after I replugged the headphone.It only works when I restart the system, and the headphone icon showed up in the taskbar, but when I plugged it out and replugged it again it stops showing up and stop working.I...
  8. Bluetooth headphones stops working after brief pause

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth headphones stops working after brief pause: Pretty much as the title says, I've tried it all. I connect my main BT headphones (have tried other bt-headphones same problem) and it works fine until no sound is played or I pause Spotify or change YT video. Then the audio completely disappears. Sometimes it just quits...
  9. When I unplug and then replug my headphones, Windows doesn't detect them

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When I unplug and then replug my headphones, Windows doesn't detect them: Every time my headphones disconnect and I try to replug them, Windows doesn't detect it and I have to reboot my computer, and it's really annoying. Any suggestions? Thanks!...
  10. When Changing to Bluetooth Speaker/Headphones Audio Stops

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When Changing to Bluetooth Speaker/Headphones Audio Stops: When I have a program that has audio open and decide to switch to a bluetooth speaker or headphones the device is recognized and it switches over but when I look at the volume mixer the program does not move to the new device. I have tried it with a desktop and laptop with...