Windows 10: I have to reset my password everytime the computer is turned off and on again later.

Discus and support I have to reset my password everytime the computer is turned off and on again later. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Just very recently my Dell 2 in 1 started to not let me enter my sign in info. I have to select the "Forgot My Password" area. What has happened?... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by WilliamWalton3, Sep 8, 2019.

1. I have to reset my password everytime the computer is turned off and on again later.

Just very recently my Dell 2 in 1 started to not let me enter my sign in info. I have to select the "Forgot My Password" area. What has happened?

:)

WilliamWalton3, Sep 8, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Sep 8, 2019
  3. OK, Password problem...Mint

Linux Mint - Community
    You can reset your password following the next steps:

• Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
    • Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
    • Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
    • Press e for edit.
    • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
    • Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
    • Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
    • Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
    • Type in passwd yourusername
    • Set your new password.
    • Restart your system.

ChevyOwner, Sep 8, 2019
  4. Namslas90 Win User

I have to reset my password everytime the computer is turned off and on again later.

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

I have to reset my password everytime the computer is turned off and on again later.

1. I have to reset my password everytime the computer is turned off and on again later. - Similar Threads - reset password everytime

2. My computer turns on again whenever I turn it off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer turns on again whenever I turn it off.: So my computer, in which I have recently changed the mouse, seems to turn itself back on after I turn it off. I have a decently powerful PC, and I don't exactly know what could be causing it. The other guides I have checked were about the computer turning itself on at regular...
  3. My computer turns on again whenever I turn it off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer turns on again whenever I turn it off.: So my computer, in which I have recently changed the mouse, seems to turn itself back on after I turn it off. I have a decently powerful PC, and I don't exactly know what could be causing it. The other guides I have checked were about the computer turning itself on at regular...
  4. Computer randomly turns off then on again

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer randomly turns off then on again: Bought a new pc from techfast.Specs: https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/666615Intel Core i5 10400F processorRTX 3070 Ti 8GB LHR graphicsGigabyte B560M DS3H motherboard16GB 3200MHz RAM500GB NVMe m.2 SSD750W 80 Plus Gold PSUMAG Forge 100R CaseAlso before crashing in event viewer...
  5. Computer randomly turns off then on again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly turns off then on again: Bought a new pc from techfast.Specs: https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/666615Intel Core i5 10400F processorRTX 3070 Ti 8GB LHR graphicsGigabyte B560M DS3H motherboard16GB 3200MHz RAM500GB NVMe m.2 SSD750W 80 Plus Gold PSUMAG Forge 100R CaseAlso before crashing in event viewer...
  6. Computer randomly turns off then on again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Xbox One Controller turning off every time I reset my computer or turn it off and on again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One Controller turning off every time I reset my computer or turn it off and on again.: I have had this problem only with my new Xbox One controller that I bought a few weeks ago. Any way to fix this or will it just keep happening? Any tips would be helpful!...
  8. how can i turn off using a pin everytime i turn on my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    how can i turn off using a pin everytime i turn on my computer: I don't want to use a pin when I turn on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-turn-off-using-a-pin-everytime-i-turn-on/4ec35e64-0283-4858-a413-0d264805e5b3
  9. I have to turn my computer off twice for it to completely turn off.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I have to turn my computer off twice for it to completely turn off.: Whenever I click the shut down option, it proceeds to say “shutting down” as usual, but it doesn’t turn off completely. The monitor goes dark, as it should, but the processor fan stays on as well as the LEDs if I had them turned on and the power button, the one you use to...
  10. Everytime i turn off my pc, my data is reset.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Everytime i turn off my pc, my data is reset.: my steam games remain but discord is uninstalled and i have to go through the windows introduction phase again. It's very frustrating as this has happened multiple times now and i havent seen a fix....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how come every time i reset my pc it put me back to the login