Windows 10: I have to reset my password everytime the computer is turned off and on again later.

Discus and support I have to reset my password everytime the computer is turned off and on again later. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Just very recently my Dell 2 in 1 started to not let me enter my sign in info. I have to select the "Forgot My Password" area. What has happened?... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by WilliamWalton3, Sep 8, 2019.

1. I have to reset my password everytime the computer is turned off and on again later.

Just very recently my Dell 2 in 1 started to not let me enter my sign in info. I have to select the "Forgot My Password" area. What has happened?

:)

WilliamWalton3, Sep 8, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Sep 8, 2019
  3. OK, Password problem...Mint

Linux Mint - Community
    You can reset your password following the next steps:

• Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
    • Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
    • Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
    • Press e for edit.
    • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
    • Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
    • Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
    • Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
    • Type in passwd yourusername
    • Set your new password.
    • Restart your system.

ChevyOwner, Sep 8, 2019
  4. Namslas90 Win User

I have to reset my password everytime the computer is turned off and on again later.

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

I have to reset my password everytime the computer is turned off and on again later.

1. I have to reset my password everytime the computer is turned off and on again later. - Similar Threads - reset password everytime

2. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on w10 - everytime computer sleeps or screen turns off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on w10 - everytime computer sleeps or screen turns off: Hey, hoping you can help me with this one. On a completely new Acer Swift laptop I get this error message: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED I get it every single time I leave the computer for a while and the screen goes to black, or If i press windows+L and lock the...
  3. I had to turn off my computer during reset. What happens to my personal files?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I had to turn off my computer during reset. What happens to my personal files?: There's an option to reset your computer whilst keeping personal files. My computer recently had major problems starting up windows. So, l thought I should reset my pc to fix this problem. Unfortunately, my computer wouldn't reset. I left my computer running for hours and...
  4. my computer will not power off unless i turn it off on the tower

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer will not power off unless i turn it off on the tower: my computer will not power of I have to use the on off button on the tower its running windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-will-not-power-off-unless-i-turn-it/af12ef84-7857-4d35-93ba-0440eaa83476
  5. I have forgotten my password for login on my computer!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have forgotten my password for login on my computer!: I have forgotten my password for login on my computer! Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-forgotten-my-password-for-login-on-my/7bc149d4-c9ae-48d3-afd8-47ff266fa6e9"
  6. my laptop turns off everytime without any warning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my laptop turns off everytime without any warning: I encountered a problem with my hp notebook runs on Windows 10 Pro. I noticed every time when my percentage is about 20-25%, then my laptop just turns off without anything, no warning. Then I plugged my ac adapter and turns on the laptop and then the battery percentage is...
  7. Photos app opens everytime I turn on the computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app opens everytime I turn on the computer: I have Windows 10, fully updated. Everytime I turn on the computer the Photos App loads. How can I make it stop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/photos-app-opens-everytime-i-turn-on-the-computer/ef90e1ca-364b-4ce4-b881-5f1a43211e64
  8. My computer freezes up and I have to turn it off to reboot it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer freezes up and I have to turn it off to reboot it: My HP All in one computer has been freezing up. I have to turn it off and then back on to reboot it. This has been happening a couple of times a day. I purchased it new in April 2018 What is causing this and what can I do to correct it....
  9. Have to re-connect my mouse everytime I start up my computer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Have to re-connect my mouse everytime I start up my computer.: Hello everyone. So I got this problem... Everytime I turn on my computer I have to disconnect and then re-connect my mouse back in USB port to have my mouse to work. It's not that big of a deal, but it's a bonus job whenever I turn my pc on, so how can I solve this? I'm...
  10. The icons on my desktop reset everytime I relog

in Windows 10 Support
    The icons on my desktop reset everytime I relog: I'm trying to clean up my desktop, but every time I turn my laptop off, and then come back to it, all the icons have reset to the way they were before I started moving stuff around. Even the change from small to medium icons resets, and I have no idea how to fix this. 12765

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how come every time i reset my pc it put me back to the login