Windows 10: I have to turn my pc on twice for it to boot.

Discus and support I have to turn my pc on twice for it to boot. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I turn my pc on it turns on, the lights on my keyboard turn on but I get no picture on my monitor. I have to hold the power button to turn the pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Trogdoren, Jul 25, 2020.

1. I have to turn my pc on twice for it to boot.

When I turn my pc on it turns on, the lights on my keyboard turn on but I get no picture on my monitor. I have to hold the power button to turn the pc off and then back on and it works straight away.

Sometimes when I turn it off it turns off instantly and other times I have to hold the button.

I don’t have any other system issues or slow downs it just never boots first time.

Any fixes or things I need to check would be great thank you.

submitted by /u/Trogdoren
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Trogdoren, Jul 25, 2020

2. I now have to boot up my computer twice to be able to sign in.

• What is the exact error message showing on your end?
    • First boot up, I put my password in and displays that the( password is incorrect. please check your password and try again.)

• How many days have you been experiencing this issue for?
    • This has been and issue every since I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10.

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Toshiba, satellite p775-s7216

• What troubleshooting steps have you done to resolve the issue?
    • The only thing I found on the internet was to untick the startup fast in power options. this allowed to able to boot up one time , but it took a very long time to complete.

We also recommend checking this thread
    and look at Jasper851's answer and see if it helps with your issue.

yes I have tried this thread, it did work, but it took a very long time to boot up.

Cajuncrawfishdave, Jul 25, 2020
  3. Mandroid Win User
    My PC won't turn on after update

I installed some updates while I stepped away from my PC. When I came back I found it like in a hibernation state and irresponsive. I tried disconnecting the power cable and restarted it but nothing. I even tried to put in the installation disc but there's no power to open the tray. I do see an led light, telling me that power is coming in but not enough to boot. Do you have any suggestions. Thanks in advance!

I have to turn my pc on twice for it to boot. [​IMG]

Mandroid, Jul 25, 2020
  4. Ian Ser Win User

I have to turn my pc on twice for it to boot.

I now have to boot up my computer twice to be able to sign in.

Hi Dave,

We'd like to know more information about this issue so we could give the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please answer these questions below:

• What is the exact error message showing on your end?
    • How many days have you been experiencing this issue for?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done to resolve the issue?

We also recommend checking this thread and look at Jasper851's answer
    and see if it helps with your issue.

We'll be waiting for your updates.

Ian Ser, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

I have to turn my pc on twice for it to boot.

1. I have to turn my pc on twice for it to boot. - Similar Threads - turn twice boot

2. How do i fix having to boot my laptop/pc twice for it to get too windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix having to boot my laptop/pc twice for it to get too windows?: everytime i boot up my laptop i have to boot it up twice the first time it black screen and i have to reboot it and it works just fine. How do i fix this issue...
  3. How do i fix having to boot my laptop/pc twice for it to get too windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i fix having to boot my laptop/pc twice for it to get too windows?: everytime i boot up my laptop i have to boot it up twice the first time it black screen and i have to reboot it and it works just fine. How do i fix this issue...
  4. My PC froze twice today and i have no clue what to do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC froze twice today and i have no clue what to do: So as title says my desktop PC froze today twice Ryzen 5 5600x, AMD 6900XT, 16GB RAM Corsair, 2 SSD's Crucial, in reliability monitor i got two hardware error messages :Tested Prime95 CPU stress test nothing, Windows memory diagnostic nothing, and gpu stress test also...
  5. My PC froze twice today and i have no clue what to do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC froze twice today and i have no clue what to do: So as title says my desktop PC froze today twice Ryzen 5 5600x, AMD 6900XT, 16GB RAM Corsair, 2 SSD's Crucial, in reliability monitor i got two hardware error messages :Tested Prime95 CPU stress test nothing, Windows memory diagnostic nothing, and gpu stress test also...
  6. My PC froze twice today and i have no clue what to do

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Power Button - I have to press twice to turn on.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Button - I have to press twice to turn on.: On all of my previous Windows 10 computers I only had to press the power button once to turn it on. On my most recent build, it requires me to double press quickly in order to power on. If I press once it will shut down. I have gone into the power settings to change what it...
  8. My PC has started to have to be turned on twice before it will boot and won’t restart properly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC has started to have to be turned on twice before it will boot and won’t restart properly.: As said above my pc now has to be powered on, it sits, does nothing, then i have to hold the power button to power it off and then turn it on again for it to load. The PC is a self built and less than a year old It also gets stuck if you choose to restart instead of...
  9. PC needs to be turned on twice in order to boot into Windows

PC needs to be turned on twice in order to boot into Windows: Hello Everyone, My PC needs to be turned on twice in order to boot into windows. When it's turned on the first time, it just displays the windows logo and does nothing, but when it's turned on the second time, it boots normally. I've seen other people having the same...
  10. I have to turn my computer off twice for it to completely turn off.

I have to turn my computer off twice for it to completely turn off.: Whenever I click the shut down option, it proceeds to say “shutting down” as usual, but it doesn’t turn off completely. The monitor goes dark, as it should, but the processor fan stays on as well as the LEDs if I had them turned on and the power button, the one you use to...