Windows 10: I have to turn off all Virus and Threat protection settings for my accounting software to load

Discus and support I have to turn off all Virus and Threat protection settings for my accounting software to load in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I have recently purchased Sage 50 Cdn 2019 version. The only way the application loads is when I turn off all the Virus and Threat protection... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MGenPayne, Aug 12, 2019.

1. MGenPayne Win User

I have to turn off all Virus and Threat protection settings for my accounting software to load

Hi,

I have recently purchased Sage 50 Cdn 2019 version. The only way the application loads is when I turn off all the

Virus and Threat protection settings. The error message I get is "key file not found" when all the security settings are enabled.

Thanks,

Steve

:)

MGenPayne, Aug 12, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Virus & Threat Protection

Hi Steven, while Controlled Folder Access is going to be a great feature, for the moment, until the rest of the software community catch up, your best option is to turn that feature off for now

Open Windows Defender Security Center

Go to Virus & threat protection - Virus & threat protection settings

Scroll down to find Controlled folder access

Turn that option off

DaveM121, Aug 12, 2019
  3. JamesJoey Win User
    Virus and Threat Protection Was Turned Off

I notices and exclamation mark in the notification area over the Windows Security icon.

Upon clicking on I found that 'Virus and threat protection' was turned off.

I'm not using any other software for protection.

Any ideas how thios got turned off??

James

JamesJoey, Aug 12, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

I have to turn off all Virus and Threat protection settings for my accounting software to load

Virus and Threat Protection Warnings

Hi Penelope_AV

ETD_GetSMART.exe is HP Software and it is safe, that software is designed to check your hard drive for imminent failure and warn you

You can add that to the list of safe files in Controlled Folder Access to get rid of this warning

Open Windows Defender Security Center

Go to Virus & threat protection - Virus & threat protection settings

Scroll down to Controlled folder access

From there, you can add an app to the list of safe or allowed apps to prevent them from being blocked

ETD_GetSMART.exe is located in the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\Resources\HPActiveHealth\Executable Agent Data\_Shared\DiskCheck\

DaveM121, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

1. I have to turn off all Virus and Threat protection settings for my accounting software to load - Similar Threads - turn off Virus

2. How to Turn On Virus & Threat Protection?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Turn On Virus & Threat Protection?: I keep getting notifications to "Click to turn on Virus and Threat Protection". When I click, I get this: [ATTACH] I am logged in as an Administrator in my account. How do I fix this and turn on Virus and Threat Protection?...
  3. Windows Sandbox "Virus & threat protection settings" all off & disable

Windows Sandbox "Virus & threat protection settings" all off & disable: Got the 1903 update a couple days ago and fooling around with Windows Sandbox. A few minutes after powering it on, I got the notification, "Turn on virus protection." I click on it, and I get: "Page not available Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of...
  4. Virus and Threat Protection

Virus and Threat Protection: from last few days my virus and threat protection has been disabled by some third party anti virus software which I didn't install. I can't even find that software in the control panel to uninstall. My computer is now slowing down and it's becoming difficult to operate day to...
  5. I can't turn on "virus and threat protection"

I can't turn on "virus and threat protection": So I'm extremely stupid when it comes to laptop and I just want to know what this means. (see image below) Sorry, I'm dumb please help me out. if it helps I am the administrator and I have using the command prompt. I'm currently running sfc /scannow [ATTACH]...
  6. Virus & threat protection loading or not working.

Virus & threat protection loading or not working.: My windows defender security center / virus & threat protection don't work... what should i do to solve this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-threat-protection-loading-or-not-working/45f66a7b-4298-4c71-84c7-cc998d9538c9
  7. Turn on virus and threat protection

Turn on virus and threat protection: Hi, I do not have any third party antivirus application installed on my pc but whenever I'm trying to turn it on from the settings, I get a error message saying that " Your virus & threat protection is being managed by your organization " Please help.. With Regards,...
  8. Virus threat and Protection settings.

Virus threat and Protection settings.: i get the message "This setting is managed by your administrator" under the Virus and Protection "manage settings" menu, and real time protection is turned off. It is a personal laptop and I am the only user....
  9. virus threat protection

virus threat protection: hi I have question I`ve been having problem with this I wish you could help me to fix this .. thank you [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-threat-protection/5514aea3-7457-4f80-ad90-d3f5ace62850
  10. Virus & Threat protection disabled. I can't turn it on.

Virus & Threat protection disabled. I can't turn it on.: I also cannot access defender offline scan as a result. Is this a Windows issue? It keeps saying my IT Manager and Organisation control these things but I am the Admin on a home PC....