Windows 10: I have to unplug my camera each time I use it.

Discus and support I have to unplug my camera each time I use it. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I understand that an application can't use the camera if it is being used by another application, but even if I haven't used the camera since the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by StephenfromChch, Sep 11, 2021.

1. I have to unplug my camera each time I use it.

I understand that an application can't use the camera if it is being used by another application, but even if I haven't used the camera since the computer was turned on, it won't register in the conference application I wish to use. Therefore, I have to unplug it to get it registering with the appl, although it will show as working if I open it through "Camera".Any help appreciated.

:)

StephenfromChch, Sep 11, 2021
  2. KatrineCY Win User

download Windows camera app

Success in resetting Store; that produced a download of the Windows camera, despite seeing error message again, download proceeded. Screen shows MS app for Windows camera and indicates downloaded. (Camera now listed in app list.) But when Launch was selected,
    no action after screen with camera icon. Eventually message appeared " something went wrong: here is message code if needed: 0x400F4271>MediaCaptureFailedEvent>0xC00D3704. We seem to be moving ahead a step at a time. Next suggestion?

KatrineCY, Sep 11, 2021
  3. Laptop Camera

Thanks for updating us on the results of the troubleshooting steps that you have completed. Since the built-in webcam is still not working correctly and the same error code 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED) is still appearing, we suggest that we check the camera privacy
    settings to see if the camera access is turned on. Kindly follow the steps below to check the camera privacy settings:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Near the top of the Settings app window is the search box, kindly type the word "webcam" or "camera".
    • From the list of results choose Camera privacy settings.
    • Make sure that "Let apps use my camera" toggle is set to On.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Sep 11, 2021
  4. cjb2145 Win User

I have to unplug my camera each time I use it.

Camera Not Working: 0xA00F4271<MediaCaptureFailedEvent>(0x80070001)

I looked at the Lenovo Community forum and learned that a common problem is the camera comes unplugged, step 5 in the list above (labeled step 3) is the solution and the Lenovo community helped with how to get it plugged back in. Press on the screen and
    the outside shell around the camera area to create a better connection.

The camera is working again, thanks to both of you for your attempts to help.

cjb2145, Sep 11, 2021
Thema:

I have to unplug my camera each time I use it.

1. I have to unplug my camera each time I use it. - Similar Threads - unplug camera each

2. Each time I try to download.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Each time I try to download.: No matter where I try to download something, it says "couldn't download virus scan failed. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/each-time-i-try-to-download/d11c5a89-f658-46e5-ab73-1c8127ed04e5
  3. I have to unplug my power cord every time I want to use my comuter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have to unplug my power cord every time I want to use my comuter: So changed my comuter case and moved my components to it. But I've been having multiple problems since then, and the most annoying one is I have to unplug the power cord, wait a few second then reconnect it. I've made sure every components are installed correctly 3 times and...
  4. computer is restarting each time I try to use my camera

computer is restarting each time I try to use my camera: Error code I receive each time i try to use my camera. I just had an update done, and that is when my issues begin. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-is-restarting-each-time-i-try-to-use-my/1971078a-beae-401f-a025-d752e6e03ab3
  5. I want to use my camera but...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I want to use my camera but...: I have a question, I want use my camera but heres the problem, I have a headset with a microphone, and I have my camera but it also has a microphone. I plugged the camera into my computer and when i went to control panel, hardware and sound, sound, then went to the recording...
  6. Each time the pc restarts I have to reload each app and restore the entire desktop...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Each time the pc restarts I have to reload each app and restore the entire desktop...: Each time the pc restarts I have to reload each app and restore the entire desktop manually. I also have to set up each app and re set up all app settings. After each reboot, the pc has me re-setup and redo all settings for everything including Google and Office settings....
  7. why do I have to put my password in each time I go to sign in to a website I use.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why do I have to put my password in each time I go to sign in to a website I use.: Every time I go to a website, etc. I have to type in my password. I am using windows 10s. I never had this problem before when I was using another internet provider....
  8. Why do I have to change my password each time

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why do I have to change my password each time: Each time I want to open Microsoft they tell me my password is incorrect when I have just changed it. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-to-change-my-password-each-time/ac3a5b68-978b-43d9-8ea3-94cc8380dd0a"
  9. green bar each time I plug in my camera

green bar each time I plug in my camera: Since vista Microsoft introduced this stupid indexing. showing this green progress bar. Why is Microsoft not simply accessing the volume index and performing the indexing of the content in the background! Most of the time, you just want to access the volume content! And...
  10. green bar each time I plug in my camera

green bar each time I plug in my camera: Since vista Microsoft introduced this stupid indexing. showing this green progress bar. Why is Microsoft not simply accessing the volume index and performing the indexing of the content in the background! Most of the time, you just want to access the volume content! And...