Windows 10: I have too many devices on my account even though I only have 3 so I can't run a game

Discus and support I have too many devices on my account even though I only have 3 so I can't run a game in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I cannot play Minecraft Windows 10 Edition because I have too many devices connected. Although I only have 3 devices connected and the limit is 20... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FrothyKibbles67, Mar 23, 2019.

1. I have too many devices on my account even though I only have 3 so I can't run a game

I cannot play Minecraft Windows 10 Edition because I have too many devices connected. Although I only have 3 devices connected and the limit is 20 altogether. I have tried deleting my old laptop from my device list which still didn't work. So I restarted my computer and tried again, it still didn't work

:)

FrothyKibbles67, Mar 23, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Mar 23, 2019
  3. I bbought Forza Horizon 3 for PC but it won't run. Can I swap t for the Xbox game instead?

Hi Charles,

If you've purchased an Xbox Play Anywhere version of Forza Horizon 3, you may download and play it on both Xbox One and Windows 10. To do so, you'll need to sign in to the Xbox One console using the same Microsoft account you've used to purchase the game.
    Refer to
    How to install games on Xbox One
    for the steps. If you're prompted to purchase the game, it may be due to one of the following reasons:

• You're not signed in with the profile that owns the game license.
    • The game you've purchased is not an Xbox Play Anywhere version.
    To verify the transaction, we suggest that you get in touch with our Xbox support team. You may contact them via chat support or request a call at your preferred date and time. Refer to this

link
    for their contact information.

Let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with.

Catherine Cus., Mar 23, 2019
  4. I have too many devices on my account even though I only have 3 so I can't run a game

Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/Home

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Mar 23, 2019
Thema:

I have too many devices on my account even though I only have 3 so I can't run a game

1. I have too many devices on my account even though I only have 3 so I can't run a game - Similar Threads - too many devices

2. I cannot run games that use Directx11 even though I have Directx12 installed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot run games that use Directx11 even though I have Directx12 installed.: I just recently built my first pc, it has an AMD 7600 GPU and a Radeon 7800xt GPU. The GPU has Directx12 enabled, I checked with dxdiag, but I am unable to play games such as Rainbow 6 Siege and War Thunder because they do not use Directx12. Every time I go to launch either...
  3. I cannot run games that use Directx11 even though I have Directx12 installed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot run games that use Directx11 even though I have Directx12 installed.: I just recently built my first pc, it has an AMD 7600 GPU and a Radeon 7800xt GPU. The GPU has Directx12 enabled, I checked with dxdiag, but I am unable to play games such as Rainbow 6 Siege and War Thunder because they do not use Directx12. Every time I go to launch either...
  4. My microsoft account says I have too many devices associated with it, but when I go to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microsoft account says I have too many devices associated with it, but when I go to...: This bug started after I deleted my old email off of my account. It was my old school email and I would download a game or two on the old devices I used at my school which was a decent amount. But my email has been changed since, so the email I had while using those computer...
  5. My microsoft account says I have too many devices associated with it, but when I go to...

My microsoft account says I have too many devices associated with it, but when I go to...: This bug started after I deleted my old email off of my account. It was my old school email and I would download a game or two on the old devices I used at my school which was a decent amount. But my email has been changed since, so the email I had while using those computer...
  6. I can't sign in even though I have my pin and password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't sign in even though I have my pin and password.: I can't sign in even though I have my pin and password. It keeps sending me in circles. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-sign-in-even-though-i-have-my-pin-and/3ea3e244-7ff7-41fd-b4ef-48ba8ad3556c
  7. I can't sign in even though I have my pin and password.

I can't sign in even though I have my pin and password.: I can't sign in even though I have my pin and password. It keeps sending me in circles. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-sign-in-even-though-i-have-my-pin-and/3ea3e244-7ff7-41fd-b4ef-48ba8ad3556c
  8. I can't sign in even though I have my pin and password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. I have too many language keyboards that I can't remove

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have too many language keyboards that I can't remove: It shows that I only have two keyboards installed yet the taskbar input panel shows all these other keyboards which I can't removeHow do I get rid of them?...
  10. I can't install a game even though I have a receipt for purchase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't install a game even though I have a receipt for purchase: Hi guys, some time ago I purchased Minecraft for Windows 10 while using a Windows 8, but have recently gotten a Windows 10 to play it. In Order History, I can find the receipt for purchase, but there is no key or install button. Even in going to the game's page, it prompts me...